Hearing protectors

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What are you using? I want to replace the Peltor Tac7 that are over 20 years old.

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I typically use 3M Bluetooth over-ear head phones. They are regular hearing protection but connect to your phone for music.

I also sometimes use my Bose noise cancelling headphones for less noisey tasks. These work great but sometimes you can forget that you have equipment running.

I pretty much always listen to music while working in my garage.

Last edited:

bpeacock

I use Sony WH-1000XM4 Noise Canceling Headphones...My wife gave them to me for Christmas and when I realized how good the noise cancelling feature is, I wear them when i run the planer, sawmill, air travel etc...They are very comfortable and the sound quality is awesome.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I replace them after about 5 years or so. I have the very soft ear cups, as they mould around glasses better.

Hard Knock Cues

I hate earmuffs on top of my glasses. I use a pair of beat flex earbuds. Fit inside my ear and blocks sound pretty good while playing music. They wrap around my neck so easy on and off, just tuck into my shirt so they don't dangle in the way.

snookered_again

I caught heard immunity during the Covid shutdowns. . It helps the lady and I get along SO much better too ! Missed the garbage a few times. Ah well.. ! ;-)

snookered_again

At work I prefer the little orange marshmallows, the reusable ones get dirty especially if I drop them. My cat thinks they look like bright orange mice I think, she loves them. Best cat toys ever. I told her I work in a cat food factory and she thinks very highly of me.. We have beautiful long conversations and she never tires of listening to my old stories.

snookered_again

I had some custom ones made to fit. they put silicone or similar, in your ears and make a mold from that. they had a detachable string so you can take them out and put them back. I found they bugged me. the string had the effect of a pop can on a string so every time I turned my head it would rub on the string and make a weird noise, drove me nuts. some like them.. it was an option to have the string embedded or removable.

at home and around your shop or whatever you do, you can wear headphones and have music, just not in an industrial environment. I find the little foam ones more comfortable. if those hit the floor they are done. if you get the pre-molded ones you can wash them.