HELP—if you can—Hopefully this is the last time I will have to sell anything due to Medical Expenses. POSTING LOTS OF POOL AND BILLIARD RELATED ITEMS

dendweller

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had exactly the opposite reaction when I had a bad transaction on the internet and paid with Paypal. I had a real person on the phone within a minute of calling. When I hung up a half hour later the money was already back in my Paypal account and they had forwarded my transaction details on to the nice folks at the FBI internet fraud division. No complaints at all about the way was treated.

I have heard that the way they care for you differs if you are transferring money to a friend without fees or buying something where oneof the parties pays the 3% transaction fee. First case you are on your own, as you are also with Venmo and Zelle. Second case they want to fix because they want people to use the service (and make money on) for commercial transactions to compete with the credit cards.
My experience as well, had a company go into chapter 11 after ordering something from them. Not the end of the world, about 50 bucks. Thought it was gone but I decided to mention it to paypal anyway, had my money back in my account within a few days. The only time I use friends and family is if it's friends and family.

Das Cue-Boot

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just got back from visiting Mike. This is a genuinely good guy who is making the very best he can of a bad deal. I don’t think I’ve run into anyone in a long time who is as passionate and knowledgeable about the game and its equipment. You won’t go wrong with anything you get from him. Let’s help him out if you possibly can.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thanks for the unsolicited endorsement of Mike. I bought a Schon Cue Jacket from him when I joined Az.
He was made me feel welcome from the moment he replied to my first PM and I was a newbie. We’ve
conversed over the years but only thru exchanges of PM via Az or exchanging posts on a thread. And
thruout everything he’s endured medically, I have never heard him bitch about his circumstances. Well,
let me tell you if our situations were reversed, you’d have to gag me to keep from griping most everyday.

I just received approval to start a new thread on Mike’s GoFundMe campaign to let others know about Mike’s
situation. Az is a unique community. I battle with people all the time in the NPR section but if any of my critics,
any of them….. and there are many……were in Mike’s situation or similar, I’d donate to them as well. You see
disagreeing with someone is never personal, although most of us have a tendency, if not a strong propensity,
to express ourselves as if it were. I think that results from not being able to have an active verbal repartee with
that person so it slowly morphs into a exchange of points with some unintended bellitlement of the other Azer.
Truth be told, it’s never personal. IMO, if you can lend a helping hand, it’s akin to paying it forward so to speak.

samshaw314

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a GO FUND ME PAGE— if you can give from the heart— whatever you can afford— it will go to my surgery and recovery and if you see somethjng you like— let me know- and I can gift it to you—

I am fighting to LIVE SONE LIFE— after all this waiting and this three times a week of dialysis— is not living— it is existing—. I just want some time in my life that I can— Play and have some enjoyment— maybe someone hit the lottery or financially they are very comfortable-??

Let me know-

Bless all and HAPPY NEW YEAR—
Sent via GoFundMe. Not much, but hope it helps a wee bit. Thoughts and prayers with you 🙏

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The truth is, and really all that matters, even if all you donated was only two bucks, the mere fact
that you cared, took the time to convert your sentiments into actually making a donation, says
a lot about your sense of humanity and values. The amount is so much less important than the act.

If someone gave a $600 and let’s say for that person that amounted to less than just one of their
car payments, their generosity was no more meaningful that the donor that sent Mike a $4.00
check because that’s all they could afford. Not to diminish what the $600 donor did but did they
donate all they could afford whereas the $4.00 donor did? It’s the act of donating because you care.

So if more people cared, then a whole bunch of small amt. donors accomplish exactly what a handful
of large amt. donors would. And I don’t know how to make anyone care about the welfare of another.

All I can do is share the information, present what I know for one’s own consideration. Thereafter, it’s
all on you……every single reader. Only you can decide whether you want to try and help a fellow Azer.

And I know there are forum members that don’t give much thought to tossing around a couple bucks
every day on miscellaneous items they buy, especially impulse purchases when grocery shopping. I
can’t convince them to spend some of that money on St. Jude’s Hospital or Save The Polar Bears, etc.,
by creating a thread and appealing to their better side. And I have little chance of making them donate to
acedonkeyace’s GoFundMe Campaign because I simply composed a thread. Nope, it’s all about them
and either they care or they won’t. Charity, love for our fellow man lies within each of us. Some people
only need an invitation to act because of who they are whereas some others see things very differently.
I can’t fault them for what they don’t do because I’ve also not responded to every charitable solicitation.

But what I can do is to acknowledge, with my most sincere statements, my appreciation and admiration
for readers that have been able to try to help Mike. For the last 13 years I have suffered with pain every day.
It’s from a workers comp accident that happened on July 9, 2009. Since then I have had six (6) surgeries to
both shoulders and my right knee all from the accident. My claim is still open since my surgeons diagnosed
3 more surgeries...left shoulder replacement, right shoulder reverse replacement and right knee replacement.
And workers comp insurance keeps obstructing and denying medical treatment so things keep dragging out.

I know what pain is and not having use of your limbs like other people. I’ve learned to relish playing pool even
a few hours a month at times. On a good streak, I can play a few hours a week but that’s not been very often.
Last time I played was in early November but maybe next week. So when I read about a fellow Azer that I only
know from afar, I can understand & relate to his dilemma. I don’t know why someone donates but thank you.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
The truth is, and really all that matters, even if all you donated was only two bucks, the mere fact
that you cared, took the time to convert your sentiments into actually making a donation, says
a lot about your sense of humanity and values. The amount is so much less important than the act.

If someone gave a $600 and let’s say for that person that amounted to less than just one of their
car payments, their generosity was no more meaningful that the donor that sent Mike a $4.00
c <snip excessive preaching>
I wonder what it's going to say about my "humanity" that while I certainly do feel for Mike Kennedy's situation and have been following the various appeals for him here on azb over the years, even was compelled to make a donation to him myself during one of the earlier ones; so does it make me a bad guy to say that I think this ongoing dialogue should be taken to another part of azb where it stops pushing other members for sale threads further down the page?

I'm a huge fan of doing charitable good deeds, in my religion referred to as doing a mitzvah. The best of these are done anonymously where the good-deed-doer seeks no recognition or spotlight, in fact, they prefer to avoid it.

Kindly spare our For Sale forum from the moral preaching.

FFS, didn't we just get some new mods on board?

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You’re right and that’s why I did open a separate thread with approval from the House Pro.
Nonetheless, you make a valid point and I’ll refrain from posting on this very thread in the
future to avoid pushing other F/S threads in the future. So I agree with your sentiments. As
for the rest of your post, I’ll refrain from responding and just write thanks for your prior help.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I wonder what it's going to say about my "humanity" that while I certainly do feel for Mike Kennedy's situation and have been following the various appeals for him here on azb over the years, even was compelled to make a donation to him myself during one of the earlier ones; so does it make me a bad guy to say that I think this ongoing dialogue should be taken to another part of azb where it stops pushing other members for sale threads further down the page?

I'm a huge fan of doing charitable good deeds, in my religion referred to as doing a mitzvah. The best of these are done anonymously where the good-deed-doer seeks no recognition or spotlight, in fact, they prefer to avoid it.

Kindly spare our For Sale forum from the moral preaching.

FFS, didn't we just get some new mods on board?
If you have something priced correctly, it's gonna sell, if people can't scroll 3 or 4 pages, they're really not looking to buy something.

I hope his post gets bumped every half hour. It costs me nothing and whatever sale he gets helps him. It's not like he started posting here a week ago.

And yes, I like you KC, very much. I just disagree in this case, but I understand your perspective.

Have a great weekend

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
If you have something priced correctly, it's gonna sell, if people can't scroll 3 or 4 pages, they're really not looking to buy something.

I hope his post gets bumped every half hour. It costs me nothing and whatever sale he gets helps him. It's not like he started posting here a week ago.

And yes, I like you KC, very much. I just disagree in this case, but I understand your perspective.

Have a great weekend
Jason;

one of the things I like about you is that you can disagree with someone *respectfully* with no need for big drama. I try to be that way, too.

bump

dlabout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Kevin @acedonkeyace, I know this has been posted a while now, but would like to know if you have any Sneaky Pete cues left?
If so, any with a wood to wood joint?
Thanks,
-Doug

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
211   2   0
Kevin @acedonkeyace, I know this has been posted a while now, but would like to know if you have any Sneaky Pete cues left?
If so, any with a wood to wood joint?
Thanks,
-Doug
Hello,

I just saw your post, I am not on azbilliards ad much as I used to be, but I do try to pop on and answer quetions that have been sent my way.

The only sneaky Pete I have left is a late 1980s - Big Pin Mali, wood to wood- full splice- sneaky Pete- - I have played personally with this cue and I even added a balance rite/. Mid extension/ because -I played on the full 9 foot tables-

It hits solid- a little rear weighted- but it does have a weight bolt that was added that could be removed to change weight and balances—

Send me a text at 727-277-9853, and I can answer any other questions or send some pictures—

Hope all is good and remember / to send out all the love to the mothers of the world and in your- orbit—

Regards m
Mike “the cueman” Kennedy

Pool artist

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this sorry
Hello,

I just saw your post, I am not on azbilliards ad much as I used to be, but I do try to pop on and answer quetions that have been sent my way.

The only sneaky Pete I have left is a late 1980s - Big Pin Mali, wood to wood- full splice- sneaky Pete- - I have played personally with this cue and I even added a balance rite/. Mid extension/ because -I played on the full 9 foot tables-

It hits solid- a little rear weighted- but it does have a weight bolt that was added that could be removed to change weight and balances—

Send me a text at 727-277-9853, and I can answer any other questions or send some pictures—

Hope all is good and remember / to send out all the love to the mothers of the world and in your- orbit—

Regards m
Mike “the cueman” Kennedy
Just saw this do you have any old falcon cue shafts 5/16-14 piloted

WMHarkins

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are any of your cues Omega's (DPK)?
I would be interested in those.
I am so sorry you are having the medical issues. I hope you get the $$$ you need to see you through this.
You could PM the pictures of any Omega's you have, and I will PM back what I can give you for one or maybe both.
Hang in there...

Mike