Help with info about Adam cue. Is it Chinese made?

There is this Adam cue that I am interested in buying, but I am thinking that it is probably Chinese made (not the better quality ones that were made in Japan).

I do not know if the quality of the cue is decent, or not, or how much it is worth (assuming that it is straight).

I know that Adam had a cheaper line of cues that were made in China, and I think that this cue is probably one of them, but I do not know.

Can anyone tell me any info, or opinions about the cue?

I am adding a few pics that were sent to me.

Thanks for any opinions about the cue (hopefully facts from an expert that knows Adam cues very well).

I just want to know if it is a decent quality cue, or not.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• adam 1.jpg
    adam 1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 821
  • adam 2.jpg
    adam 2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 806
  • adam 3.jpg
    adam 3.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 803

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Decent quality?

That's pretty subjective.

Decent? I would say probably.

Where was it made? I don't know, but I associate that ring work with cheaper Asian cues, maybe China made. You can buy pairs of shafts on Ebay right now to match that pretty cheap.

There are in fact Adam knock offs. I don't think this is one...but it could be.

I do believe I have seen that design before, from Adam. I could always be wrong, just ask my wife.

More to the point, knowing you from your posts...I don't think this is one you will like much. But that is almost just a guess.

Decent quality?

That's pretty subjective.

Decent? I would say probably.

Where was it made? I don't know, but I associate that ring work with cheaper Asian cues, maybe China made. You can buy pairs of shafts on Ebay right now to match that pretty cheap.

There are in fact Adam knock offs. I don't think this is one...but it could be.

I do believe I have seen that design before, from Adam. I could always be wrong, just ask my wife.

More to the point, knowing you from your posts...I don't think this is one you will like much. But that is almost just a guess.

I appreciate your reply. I did not know that there were Adam knock offs out there. I just assumed that Adam had a cheap line of cues, from China. So, from the looks of the ringwork (that is so common with cues from China), it is probably not an Adam Japan cue, right?

If the cue is from China, then I assume that everything in it is overlays, and the shaft is probably very low quality.

I understand that a lot of production cues from China are very high quality these days (like Predator and Lucasi to name a few examples), but I do not know about most of the other cues from China.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate your reply. I did not know that there were Adam knock offs out there. I just assumed that Adam had a cheap line of cues, from China. So, from the looks of the ringwork (that is so common with cues from China), it is probably not an Adam Japan cue, right?

If the cue is from China, then I assume that everything in it is overlays, and the shaft is probably very low quality.

Adam has had cheaper lines for decades, even ramin wood cues with decals in the 70's.

The knock offs I have seen look nothing like this. And they don't have the logo, just the name "Adam" or "Adam II".

I think it is an actual Adam. Made exactly where? I don't know and won't pretend to.

Decals? Maybe. I don't know.

You have a hard enough time with cues, I don't think you'll be happy getting into this one. Just my feeling.

I am going to go off topic, instead of creating another silly thread. There is this other cue that I am interested in buying, but I am thinking that it is probably very cheap Chinese quality too. Help with opinions about the points, and the way they are designed? Has anyone ever seen this design before? Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 459
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 447

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously, you need to stop calling stuff from China cheap.

China is so far ahead of America that America owes China.

It makes you sound racist and prejudice.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Don’t let this distract you from the fact that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously, you need to stop calling stuff from China cheap.

China is so far ahead of America that America owes China.

It makes you sound racist and prejudice.

Yes my Chinese Lucasi is very well made.
But every time I play with it an hour later I want to play again.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that joint pin a 5/16x18, or 5/16x14 (from the looks of it)? Looks a little too long to be 5/16x14.
Hey Justin, the 14 and 18 refer to the number of threads per inch, not the length of the pin. Not sure what the standard lengths are for these

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk