Help with info about Adam cue. Is it Chinese made?

Seriously, you need to stop calling stuff from China cheap.

China is so far ahead of America that America owes China.

It makes you sound racist and prejudice.

I happen to love the Chinese. Love their movies for example (big Bruce Lee and Jet Li fan). I just know that a lot of really low quality cues are from China. I understand that there are several cue manufacturers that do made very high quality cues though (like Predator, Lucasi, Fury, and maybe others), but there are many that are very low quality. Sorry if I sounded racist and prejudice. That was not my intention.

I can understand why China is so far ahead of America. They are probably much smarter with their money, and their economy is probably much stronger then ours. I am clueless about that stuff though. The only thing I ever knew about China is that you can buy stuff (like DVD movies for example) really cheap from there. They manufacture items that might cost a 10th of what a similar item in the US would cost (I assume due to the cheap labor force, compared to what US companies have to pay their employees here).

Last edited:
Hey Justin, the 14 and 18 refer to the number of threads per inch, not the length of the pin. Not sure what the standard lengths are for these

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Oh, okay, thanks. I should have known that. So 3/8x10 pins (for example) can come in many different lengths. But if that is the case, then I assume that they drill the hole in stock shafts (like ob shafts for example) very deep. I feel so stupid sometimes, lol.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, okay, thanks. I should have known that. So 3/8x10 pins (for example) can come in many different lengths. But if that is the case, then I assume that they drill the hole in stock shafts (like ob shafts for example) very deep. I feel so stupid sometimes, lol.
You can't know what you don't know Justin. I just learned that last year myself

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How about "inexpensive" due to low labor costs?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
In China they knock off EVERYTHING! Designer clothes, name brand merchandise and just about anything you can think of. This includes billiard equipment like tables, cues, chalk etc. For example the same factory that makes shoes for NIke also makes the knock off brand Li Ning, a comparable shoe for a fraction of the price.

Last edited:

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
At the end of this post is a link to a really decent cue that I own with the same joint rings as the Adam in first pic. Mine rolls straight & true, has proper/real spliced points with four very nice looking natural-black-red-black veneers. This is a generally very well made cue with no strange vibrations and tuning-fork like feel when you give it the whack test. If I were to nitpick, the visual negative is that the points on mine are a little off in length from point to point, but I can live with it as none are more than 1/2" off from each other.

I have had mine over a year now and it is still straight as an arrow, so the wood hasn't moved. Adding to that, the cue spends extended periods in my car trunk in hot weather as it has turned into the cue I leave in the car as my "just in case cue" for when I am out and about and find myself with spontaneous free time to play pool and I don't want to play off the house cue rack. Or when going to pool halls with known questionalbe clientele. I break with it, too.

I remember when I screwed mine together for the first time because I proceeded to run two racks of 9-ball with it. Cue feels and hits great as is... but the only initial drawback (if you want to perceive it as such) is that the shaft is "fat" with a very generic, non-sexy gradual conical taper such that the cue feels a bit front heavy. Personally, I think that is actually a good thing... because when there is enough meat left on the proverbial bone, one can then have the shaft customized by a pro (or turn it yourself) to the specific taper and diameter you prefer. There is plenty to work with.

Bingo, assuming you order one with your desired weight and had the shaft turned to your liking.... now you basically have hooked yourself up with a quasi-custom cue (from a set-up perspenctive anyway) for around $200, that looks like a much more expensive stick.

Buy one, try it out.. If you like it... you win! And if you don't like it, sell it on craigslist or to a friend in your pool hall and I'm pretty sure you'll get most if not all of your money back. Either way, its a very low risk situation.

http://www.goodcuessf.com/apps/webstore/products/show/7041838

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In China they knock off EVERYTHING! Designer clothes, name brand merchandise and just about anything you can think of. This includes billiard equipment like tables, cues, chalk etc. For example the same factory that makes shoes for NIke also makes the knock off brand Li Ning, a comparable shoe for a fraction of the price.

It is a problem.

Have you seen what they are doing with the Humvee? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humvee_manufacturing_in_China

But some of their products are just fine....even high quality.

Human rights etc are further issues.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

We can use:
Low quality
Inferior
Cost effective
Menial
Subjacent
or second fiddle, maybe even second bananna?????

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Wwf?

Don’t let this distract you from the fact that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer’s table.
Say What???

Attachments

• IMG_1037.PNG
    IMG_1037.PNG
    158.7 KB · Views: 115

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Knock off Adam?

What about these two Adam Cues?
Knock Offs?
Sloppy MOP Dots?
Large Spaces Around Notched Diamonds?
Was this normal for Adam?

Sorry for the large images.

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 103

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Knock Offs?
Sloppy MOP Dots?

Adam made better cues then these.
I think these are knock offs.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Knock Offs?
Sloppy MOP Dots?

That logo is not a real Adam logo even worn down, it's way too sloppy.

adams_logo.gif