Help with value of Pete Ohman custom cue?

I am just curious what a fair market value would be on this Pete Ohman cue that I have added pictures of?

Any opinions on how much the cue is worth in todays used pool cue market?

Thanks for any opinions on the value of the Pete Ohman cue that I have added pictures of.

Attachments

• ohman cue 1.jpg
    ohman cue 1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 689
  • ohman cue 2.jpg
    ohman cue 2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 693
  • ohman cue 3.jpg
    ohman cue 3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 687
  • ohman cue 4.jpg
    ohman cue 4.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 700
  • ohman cue 5.jpg
    ohman cue 5.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 710
Here are 2 more pictures that I took of the cue. Thanks.

Attachments

• ohman cue 6.jpg
    ohman cue 6.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 658
  • ohman cue 7.jpg
    ohman cue 7.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 679

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I'd guess around $1k, give or take a little.

I think you're pretty close here it's a simple design if it's used probably between $800 - $1000. Pete's cues have a following. If someone likes it, it could be worth a bit more.

8onthebreak

THE WORLD IS YOURS
Silver Member
The above numbers given between 800-1000 are correct...would be a hell of a cue for 800 IMO ...which is my guess as to what it would sell for. Pete's cues are very under-rated. They play ridiculous. Pete's work is very clean. The joint is impressive...he uses interference fit, nice n tight...u almost can't get his cues apart once u screw em together...don't know if this one is like that but both mine are. Also, Pete's not getting any younger...I think there's a great investment opportunity now with his cues. I don't know why his cues are so secret...it's a great secret. Enjoy it, I do mine.

8onthebreak

THE WORLD IS YOURS
Silver Member
Yes

Is the SS 5/16x14 joint on an Ohman cue rarely used on his cues? Thanks.

I think so...he usually uses a 3/8 big pin, flat face joint. He has his own joint pin engraved "OMEN" made from brass. The pin fits real tight into the shaft threads. Once it's screwed together, it's like one piece of wood.

JayTS

Certified Donator
Silver Member
Yes, the piloted joint from Omen was a very early design. He has been using the "SW style joint" flat faced 3/8x11 brass pin for many years now. I would say this cue would be worth less than more current models with the engraved pin and newer craftsmanship.

Okay, so was Omen a very popular cue maker back in 98 (when this SS 5/16x14 joint cue was built)? Does anyone know how much the cue may have sold for back in 98? Was it probably a one of a kind that a customer designed to be built? I am guessing that Omen has only made cues to order, and has never kept cues that he built in stock for sale online? How well do Omen cues hold their value (like even in rough economic times like this)? It is impossible to see how much his cues actually sell for, because that seems to be strictly confidential (between the seller and the buyer). I have had a really hard to finding out how much my Billy Webb butterfly cue is worth too, because the sold price is always confidential. I am wanting to do a trade for my Webb cue, but I just want to know what would be fair. Thanks.

Yes, the piloted joint from Omen was a very early design. He has been using the "SW style joint" flat faced 3/8x11 brass pin for many years now. I would say this cue would be worth less than more current models with the engraved pin and newer craftsmanship.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Sorry, just have to ask, is there some reason why you want to get rid of your Webb so badly?

I do not mind you asking that question. I just do not like the hit of the shafts. Way too stiff of a hit for me. Maybe if I changed the taper to a much longer taper, then I would like the hit more. I am sure I would be very happy with the Webb if I maybe had an OB shaft with it, but I just do not have the money for that. Thanks.

Sorry, just have to ask, is there some reason why you want to get rid of your Webb so badly?