Here is a neat little device

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
their game doesnt need help...:p:grin:

I don't know about that. Their elbows are going up, down, from side to side, circles, and dropping big time at the end. I think they might need a shoulder brace also.

How can they even find one part of the pocket let alone any of the five
parts? :eek: :grin:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know about that. Their elbows are going up, down, from side to side, circles, and dropping big time at the end. I think they might need a shoulder brace also.

parts?
:eek: :grin:

Well since we are already ribbing other forum members, I'll add that apparently these guys use a particular aiming method and don't even know it. You know, the one that overcuts every shot into the center of the pocket. It's what they do! :eek: :grin:

Or, in reality, you can start out by sleeping under a pool table from the age of 7 and do nothing but play pool and chess (doesn't hurt to have a mind for the game, too).

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Well since we are already ribbing other forum members,

I'm not allowed? FYI, Larry and I are good with each other. I was looking forward to another one back from him.

I'll add that apparently these guys use a particular aiming method and don't even know it. You know, the one that overcuts every shot into the center of the pocket. It's what they do! :eek: :grin:

I'm sure they know what they're using. The next time you're playing in one of the same tournaments they're in, ask them.

Or, in reality, you can start out by sleeping under a pool table from the age of 7 and do nothing but play pool and chess (doesn't hurt to have a mind for the game, too).

That's too late in life. Mosconi started at two.

Just think how their minds would have developed if they had internet pool forums to visit.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
parts? :eek: :grin:
Welcome back Mister Spider.
Who thinks there are FIVE parts of the pocket?
I'll concede there are two parts........but FIVE? (I can just about imagine what Hopkins thinks about that one.)
Who came up with that dizzy ass idea in the first place.........??

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Welcome back Mister Spider.
Who thinks there are FIVE parts of the pocket?
I'll concede there are two parts........but FIVE? (I can just about imagine what Hopkins thinks about that one.)
Who came up with that dizzy ass idea in the first place.........??

He might be around here some place. Could be just a rumor.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Who's Larry? I thought we were mocking Dennis "denwhit" again.

Nice try and flip job. Your quoted post to me was the one I made back to Larry and has to do with an instructor. One that Larry went to.

I would also appreciate you stop posting anything to me. I didn't seek you out, you sought me and continue to. We both know what you're attempting to do and so does everyone on here.

One more post by you to me gets reported.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice try and flip job. Your quoted post to me was the one I made back to Larry and has to do with an instructor. One that Larry went to.

I would also appreciate you stop posting anything to me. I didn't seek you out, you sought me and continue to. We both know what you're attempting to do and so does everyone on here.

One more post by you to me gets reported.

Sometimes a question is really just a question (as in Who is Larry?). It looked like you were going off the rails in record time, but I now understand that Larry is bbb and he took a lesson from Robin Whatshisname who is Mr. Five Sides to a Pocket. Nothing to do with Dennis. My bad. I won't be so quick to overreact next time.

Hey, when you're wrong your wrong and I was wrong! Carry on. :smile:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It looked like you were going off the rails in record time,

I wasn't but you sure did.

but I now understand that Larry is bbb and he took a lesson from Robin Whatshisname who is Mr. Five Sides to a Pocket. Nothing to do with Dennis. My bad. I won't be so quick to overreact next time.

Hey, when you're wrong your wrong and I was wrong!

OK. I'll hold you to it.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
to dan
yes spidey and I are cool
he treats me with respect and i treat him with respect
we will "trash talk" occasionally.....:D
with no malice intended.....:smile:
spidey i enjoyed your wit in your post......:thumbup:
and yes
I am larry
i dont think we need to rehash the 5 parts of the pocket or bring denwit into the conversation
as for the elbow brace
although i am skeptical i did order one and will give feedback after i try it out
lets stay on topic....:smile:

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
as for the elbow brace
although i am skeptical i did order one and will give feedback after i try it out

Hey Larry. Thanks for the clarification, sounds good to me.

As far as the elbow thing, I think it is a great idea to try the brace. It never hurts to try new things and see what you can learn from it. For me, I find that keeping the elbow still is a great thing as my cue ball control (and shot making as well) is much better when I keep that elbow from dropping.

As an example, I have a little drill that do from time to time. Put a ball on the foot spot and put the cue ball a foot or so away so that you have a straight shot into the corner pocket. Place another ball next to the first ball but move it about 4 inches closer to the cue ball and over to the right or left of the first ball. The idea is to shoot that second ball past the edge of the first ball and follow the cue ball straight past that first ball. You are not trying to pocket the ball, just shoot it past the ball on the spot. It seems simple enough, but if the stroke isn't just right, your cue ball will hit the first ball instead of passing by it and just barely missing it, or it will follow wide of the the spotted ball. When I hit this shot with a fixed elbow I find that I am able to follow the cue ball perfectly as compared to having the cue ball drift left or right of a perfect follow shot when being sloppy with the elbow. This seems like a simple shot but it isn't. I play mostly straight pool where being able to hit precise shots like this is important.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
to dan
yes spidey and I are cool
he treats me with respect and i treat him with respect
we will "trash talk" occasionally.....:D
with no malice intended.....:smile:
spidey i enjoyed your wit in your post......:thumbup:
and yes
I am larry
i dont think we need to rehash the 5 parts of the pocket or bring denwit into the conversation
as for the elbow brace

Good for you Larry.

What I have here on my table is a straight line (use a chalk line or long straight edge) running diagonally from one corner pocket to the other. On that line I have a white doughnut (cue ball position) in the kitchen, moving down that line I place a doughnut every other diamond (2 feet) these are the OB locations.

I shoot 10 shots using center CB on each of these locations. Then shoot these shots again only using high spin to pocket the OB and have the CB follow into the same pocket.

Now when you get the brace and put it on you will notice when your arm is hanging straight down relaxed that there is no feeling that your trying to defeat the brace's design. But as you try to change the design the brace will let you know.
Go ahead and try to rotate your wrist you'll see what I mean.

I have finished my second week working with the brace. Probably hitting 1500+ balls. The only thing I'm thinking about is getting my shooting arm on the shot line so that my arm will naturally close sending the piece of wood thru the CB and on to its target.

Keep an open mind. You'll probably have to hit 3 thousand balls before the feeling becomes automatic.

Have fun. :)

John

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good for you Larry.

What I have here on my table is a straight line (use a chalk line or long straight edge) running diagonally from one corner pocket to the other. On that line I have a white doughnut (cue ball position) in the kitchen, moving down that line I place a doughnut every other diamond (2 feet) these are the OB locations.

I shoot 10 shots using center CB on each of these locations. Then shoot these shots again only using high spin to pocket the OB and have the CB follow into the same pocket.

Now when you get the brace and put it on you will notice when your arm is hanging straight down relaxed that there is no feeling that your trying to defeat the brace's design. But as you try to change the design the brace will let you know.
Go ahead and try to rotate your wrist you'll see what I mean.

I have finished my second week working with the brace. Probably hitting 1500+ balls. The only thing I'm thinking about is getting my shooting arm on the shot line so that my arm will naturally close sending the piece of wood thru the CB and on to its target.

Keep an open mind. You'll probably have to hit 3 thousand balls before the feeling becomes automatic.

Have fun. :)

John

what i am skeptical about is i think you can drop your elbow and still be in a straight line,,,:eek:

the elbow is a "hinge joint " that can only go back and forth (in a straight line)
stroking off line i think occurs when the upper arm and shoulder go off line
or the wrist gets involved
the elbow brace is more designed so that the range of motion of the back and forth of the elbow is limited and you dont over extend after surgery ...I think )
anyway i have an open mind and will give it a try...:)
only 3 thousand hits for a straight stroke ......CANT WAIT....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.