Hi, let's talk about Chinese 8-Ball

realkingcobra

Silver Member
yes,the number is right ,you calculate also right ,60 million is the number of TV views ,there is a much larger amount of online audience.

Why is Chinese 8 ball so interested in getting their foot in the door here when around the corner is India with 1.2 billion population compared to 300 mil in the USA...and they already play snooker.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
yes,the number is right ,you calculate also right ,60 million is the number of TV views ,there is a much larger amount of online audience.

In the US, according to the 2013 consensus report, there are approximately 34mil people out of 300mil playing pool in this country, if we had the population of China that might mean we'd have about 120mil playing pool, who knows how many watching...LOL....that is about 10%.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Why is Chinese 8 ball so interested in getting their foot in the door here when around the corner is India with 1.2 billion population compared to 300 mil in the USA...and they already play snooker.

The GDP of India is far lower than USA....therefore, any product that is marketable in
either economy would do much better in America.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
The GDP of India is far lower than USA....therefore, any product that is marketable in
either economy would do much better in America.
Not true for everything.
10 Pin Bowling is growing in India and China.
Almost nonexistent here in the US, where it started.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
And how does the GDP of China stack up against the USA?

If you build a better mousetrap, you want it to fly in America...
...China is number two.

IMG_4291.PNG

we.mazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the US, according to the 2013 consensus report, there are approximately 34mil people out of 300mil playing pool in this country, if we had the population of China that might mean we'd have about 120mil playing pool, who knows how many watching...LOL....that is about 10%.

That's one of reasons that Chinese 8-ball appears in the US.:grin:

we.mazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My workmates are developping the Chinese 8-Ball in India. :grin:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My workmates are developping the Chinese 8-Ball in India. :grin:

No, truth be told, Chinese 8 ball still needs endorsement outside of China if it hopes to grow....and sell pool tables, because you see, that IS the bottom line....sales! and you NEED the endorsement of the US and Europeans to make it grow.