How do these diamond tables play so badly? vid

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've questioned several pros through email or messenger from the US and Europe about table recommendations. They all recommend Diamond or Rasson, saying you can't go wrong with either and play is quite similar. This even from one's that are sponsored by Rasson or have European brand tables.
I think in pro tournament new conditions, with brand new cloth and under the TV lights, the Diamonds play very well. A year later in the local halls, with the cloth broken in, typical frugal owner room AC levels, etc, it's much more boingy and shorter.

TrxR

I think in pro tournament new conditions, with brand new cloth and under the TV lights, the Diamonds play very well. A year later in the local halls, with the cloth broken in, typical frugal owner room AC levels, etc, it's much more boingy and shorter.
Some of them I talked to have their own at home without issues. Im more concerned about how it's going to play in my own home as I am trying to get a building built within the next year to house a new 9ft.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Don't have all those complaints on Diamonds in my area, maybe the Diamond owners in the PNW take better care of their tables, rather than where you go!!!

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Some of them I talked to have their own at home without issues. Im more concerned about how it's going to play in my own home as I am trying to get a building built within the next year to house a new 9ft.

I have a new Diamond 9' in my house. I have never been concerned with longevity of any Diamond table. Any table has to be properly cared for (and I mainly speak for those in public halls where they see a lot more abuse and play). But, if I had it to do over I would have kept my minty GC IV Tournament table. I play good on them both, I just never agreed with some of the balls missed going down the rails on Diamonds (where they bobble and spit out). Nothing to do with the tightness of the pocket or anything just the shelf. If I missed a ball on the GC IV, I simply missed it. I did not disagree with it. Both tables were/are 4 1/2" pockets (so average pro cut). I will also add, after 15 years, the GC IV was still in better shape than was the new Diamond Pro Am. But I did not have the best results in buying a new table from the Rep. I have pin sized spots where there is no black finish on the top rails of my black PRC Diamond table (and this was after receiving a replacement directly from Diamond). It just is not as nice of a table imo. This coming from somene owning both types of tables. A GC 3, a GC IV, and now a Diamond.

TrxR

I have a new Diamond 9' in my house. I have never been concerned with longevity of any Diamond table. Any table has to be properly cared for (and I mainly speak for those in public halls where they see a lot more abuse and play). But, if I had it to do over I would have kept my minty GC IV Tournament table. I play good on them both, I just never agreed with some of the balls missed going down the rails on Diamonds (where they bobble and spit out). Nothing to do with the tightness of the pocket or anything just the shelf. If I missed a ball on the GC IV, I simply missed it. I did not disagree with it. Both tables were/are 4 1/2" pockets (so average pro cut). I will also add, after 15 years, the GC IV was still in better shape than was the new Diamond Pro Am. But I did not have the best results in buying a new table from the Rep. I have pin sized spots where there is no black finish on the top rails of my black PRC Diamond table (and this was after receiving a replacement directly from Diamond). It just is not as nice of a table imo. This coming from somene owning both types of tables. A GC 3, a GC IV, and now a Diamond.
Thanks for the reply. I've seen 2 GC6's new and would not own one due to the fit and finish and the price. Not saying they are all like that.

Could your misses on the diamond be the difference inmthe shelf depth?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played quite a bit on current blue label D's and i think they play fine. Different from a GC? Of course but the adjustment needed is no big deal to me. They fixed the red label issues(per RKC's help) fine imo. Their rails are stiffer due to the laminated butcher-block construction vs. GC's one-piece of wood. Diamond themselves told me that this stiffness makes them play the way they do.

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply. I've seen 2 GC6's new and would not own one due to the fit and finish and the price. Not saying they are all like that.

Could your misses on the diamond be the difference inmthe shelf depth?

I would not buy a GC6. I was speaking of the IV (the best one yet imo). And yes, I had pointed out it is the shelf depth. Never liked it. A ball should be missed because it did not hit in the pocket, not because it went in the pocket and it threw it out 🤮. That is just my opinion.

I am curious to see what Mark Gregory and Brunswick will be doing on the GC 7. Might say so long to my current table. Who knows.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would not buy a GC6. I was speaking of the IV (the best one yet imo). And yes, I had pointed out it is the shelf depth. Never liked it. A ball should be missed because it did not hit in the pocket, not because it went in the pocket and it threw it out 🤮. That is just my opinion.

I am curious to see what Mark Gregory and Brunswick will be doing on the GC 7. Might say so long to my current table. Who knows.
I'm a huge fan of the GC4 too. My local spot has ten really nice ones. Early ones with the GC3 frame need the RKC mod but later ones got a stouter frame much like those on 1's-2's.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
How would you know? You sell blue glue and try to belittle everyone. Stick to what you know because “playing” pool is not it.
I don't know how to play pool?😅🤣😂if you know John Schmidt, ask him if I can play pool, dumbshit! Why do you think I'm so good at working on pool tables? Because I was a player BEFORE I started working on them!!!

I don't know how to play pool?😅🤣😂if you know John Schmidt, ask him if I can play pool, dumbshit! Why do you think I'm so good at working on pool tables? Because I was a player BEFORE I started working on them!!!
Glenn you have to be the biggest self consumed piece of trash humankind has ever produced. Too bad your parents didn’t exercise birth control. They would have saved the planet another moron.

You have self proclaimed that it’s now pitty patty pool yet go back to talking about pool playing skills. This is how self consumed a person you are. Even when you are DEAD wrong on multiple fronts you try to talk yourself out of it.

BTW your YouTube videos suck ass. Where did you learn to speak on camera? You sound like a fast talking mumbling idiot. If it wasn’t for your family making the videos for you and editing (my goodness what a job that must be) it would never hit the air.

Stick to glue. Sniffing it that is. And if you ever want to lean that belly over a pool table and try your luck let me know. You can stake that patty wagon or maybe that glue stake.

I have an idea. Why don’t you give us all a video of you playing the 9 ball ghost. That would be humorous and entertaining. Better than the garbage you are posting.

Why they keep letting you back in here is beyond me. All you do is talk trash. Not a good example at all. They got rid of Trent maybe they will bury you once and for all and save everyone the agrivation. Every post you are involved turns into a shit show. That’s facts!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glenn you have to be the biggest self consumed piece of trash humankind has ever produced. Too bad your parents didn’t exercise birth control. They would have saved the planet another moron.

You have self proclaimed that it’s now pitty patty pool yet go back to talking about pool playing skills. This is how self consumed a person you are. Even when you are DEAD wrong on multiple fronts you try to talk yourself out of it.

BTW your YouTube videos suck ass. Where did you learn to speak on camera? You sound like a fast talking mumbling idiot. If it wasn’t for your family making the videos for you and editing (my goodness what a job that must be) it would never hit the air.

Stick to glue. Sniffing it that is. And if you ever want to lean that belly over a pool table and try your luck let me know. You can stake that patty wagon or maybe that glue stake.

I have an idea. Why don’t you give us all a video of you playing the 9 ball ghost. That would be humorous and entertaining. Better than the garbage you are posting.

Why they keep letting you back in here is beyond me. All you do is talk trash. Not a good example at all. They got rid of Trent maybe they will bury you once and for all and save everyone the agrivation. Every post you are involved turns into a shit show. That’s facts!
Poor little boy, one day you'll grow up🤣

realkingcobra

Silver Member
It ends up with him that way every single time. It’s like clock work.
All you behind the screen, keyboard warriors are the same, brave until face to face, then, it's a whole different story😅 which is why I don't let you people bother me, because y'all ain't got no balls!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
wow!
Thanks for sharing.
I also do not agree with those balls getting spat out often. Balls on the rail or some 3 inches off it and hitting the facing without swiping the long rail should go in on any table .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
wow!
Thanks for sharing.
I also do not agree with those balls getting spat out often. Balls on the rail or some 3 inches off it and hitting the facing without swiping the long rail should go in on any table .
They do, on the kiddie tables, for the non-players! Where's all the complaints from the Pros playing in the US Open 9Ball event?? Shouldn't they be complaining like you guys do?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
They do, on the kiddie tables, for the non-players! Where's all the complaints from the Pros playing in the US Open 9Ball event?? Shouldn't they be complaining like you guys do?
They play on brand new cloth and polished balls .
You think they should complain the Artemis grabs the ball too much when the cloth gets broken in?
Oh wait, let's tell Mark to learn how to play .
Let's tell a former owner of GC's and current owner of Diamond to play like a pro .
You a pro ? I was told you're barely over a C level by one of your friends . Let's see that pro-level playing video of yours beating the 9-ball ghost .
After all you mocked those who beat the 10-ball ghost on a Diamond .
You keep tooting your playing ability which nobody here has seen .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
wow!
Thanks for sharing.
Sorry to half to correct everyone again, but the ball pocket rattle takes place in the same outer half of the pocket facings on both the Diamonds and GC's, in the exact same outer half of the pocket facings! The same BAD shot on a Diamond WON'T go in on a GC either if the pockets have the exact same dimensions. The only difference is that when the balls come to a stop, the Diamond shelf is just a little bit deeper than the GC's are. GC's in their heyday were designed for the AMATEURS, which is why they had 5"-5 1/2" corner pockets and 6"-6 1/2" side pockets factory stock!!

Diamonds have set a new standard, don't like it, build your own line of pool tables, because they are here to stay, like it or not!!