How do you store cues you aren't using?

Jhunter354

Should be practicing
Silver Member
Is in a case standing upright the correct way to do it? I mean longterm such as one bought to collect.

Thanks.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Upright in the hard leather cases I've collected......and sadly, I've got way more cases than cues.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Upright in the hard leather cases I've collected......and sadly, I've got way more cases than cues.

I have the opposite problem.

But....upright in cases. :thumbup:

I have a couple large cases in addition to my 1x2 collection, that makes up the difference.

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
Depends, but all are stored in the upright position.

My retired cues are in a 4x8 Whitten case right next to my Ruger Mini 14 (and I keeps one in the chamber, in case you pondering) in my firearm safe, in my bedroom's walk-in closet.

My day-to-day cues are in a 3x6 Whitten case in my bedroom's walk-in closet.

I have several other miscellaneous stored in cases in my playroom where the Pool Table is.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have several. All jb cases but I have a 10x20, 4x8 butterfly, 2x5/3x4 & 2x3.

JB cases set the standard. There are a lot of great cases around for various prices. JB's are definitely superior to most.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always stored mine laying flat for some reason 'less stress' ? They are straight. I do 'rotate' the ones I am not playing stored in good cases from time to time.

-Kat,

chaozzzsg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) The butt of the cues in a dry cabinet with it hanging up (humidity controlled) and the shaft in a 4x8 case.

2) My main player in a 2x4 hard case inside the dry cabinet as well.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Horizontal or vertical, in O'Neil box cases.

Attachments

• O'Neil 6.jpg
    O'Neil 6.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 256
  • O'Neil 12.jpg
    O'Neil 12.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 257

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I only have about a dozen cues, and none worth more than $500 or so, but I keep them the way pool stores keep theirs, since they hold onto them for what could be a long time. Vertically.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

Everytime I see this type of storage/display it makes me cringe.. I would NEVER hang cues like this.. The possibility, which is exactly what I'm stressing "possibility", of accidentally bumping a cue and damaging/cracking the joint is so much greater than if they were resting on thier bumper.... Just my $.02

asiasdad

Banned
I have a 12x24 display case screwed to a wall that does the job for me.

dannyoffice2.jpg

During the times I have more cues than the display case can hold
the overflow goes in these:

CASES.jpg