How much are these Joss cues worth now?

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted the other day some pictures of some cues and I didn't know the models. I have since discovered what two of them were. The first one is a Joss model N12 and the other is extremely close to a Joss N7 except it has a purple and blue veneer instead of all ebony. The N12 was like 790.00 in the catalog and the N7 was 590.00 in the catalog. What should I expect to pay for these cues now? You should be able to find them on google if you search the models but if need be, I can post pics.

Thanks in advance.
-Justin B.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted the other day some pictures of some cues and I didn't know the models. I have since discovered what two of them were. The first one is a Joss model N12 and the other is extremely close to a Joss N7 except it has a purple and blue veneer instead of all ebony. The N12 was like 790.00 in the catalog and the N7 was 590.00 in the catalog. What should I expect to pay for these cues now? You should be able to find them on google if you search the models but if need be, I can post pics.

Thanks in advance.
-Justin B.

Real value now would be 250-350. The N7 is the "Balabushka" from Color of Money. New price would have been about 70-75% of those retail numbers and then take off for used values. The pics you posted show them in good shape and I think both of those models were popular.

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thank you very much, I really appreciate it. That is extremely helpful. Just to confirm are you saying that the real value of the N7 is 250-350 or the real value of the N12 is the 250-350? And yeah I knew that the N7 was basically Joss version of the color of money cue which was represented as a Balabushka. One last question, the N7 picture that I saw looked to have all black points where as this cue has a purple and I believe a blue veneer or something like that. The original N7 is all black points and veneers in forearm, right?

Thanks alot.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thank you very much, I really appreciate it. That is extremely helpful. Just to confirm are you saying that the real value of the N7 is 250-350 or the real value of the N12 is the 250-350? And yeah I knew that the N7 was basically Joss version of the color of money cue which was represented as a Balabushka. One last question, the N7 picture that I saw looked to have all black points where as this cue has a purple and I believe a blue veneer or something like that. The original N7 is all black points and veneers in forearm, right?

Thanks alot.

They would both be close in the same price range even though one if fancier. Due to being a "known" design the N7 seems to be a bit sought after at least from the people I've seen with it and bought some.

It is a bit tough to get a good price for newer Joss cues since they are really production cues even if they had a high MSRP when new. I had a tough time selling an early 90s Joss Limited cue with 6 hi-low poings and mamoth ivory in it with the gold logo which is one of the more desirable eras (shaft wood back then was amazing in Joss cues), I think it sold for under $250 on ebay, no-one bought it on here.