How to not get robbed at SBE (figuratively)

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Anyone willing to bet a decent amount is gonna be a player. There's usually a table for 5 or 10 a game going.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
He no longer uses a Cuetec, but some others do....

Yea - I heard he had a falling out with them a few years ago. And I think before Cuetec he shot with a Meucci for a while too IIRC. Not sure what he's playing with these days. He's a character. :)

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
APA 6? You'll be donating.

But, if you must, at least know what your loss will be.

As the late Grady Matthews recounted, "A betting man knows, that two even money propositions is actually three to one against."

As as "The Kid From Brooklyn" often yelled... Think about it !!!

All the best,
WW

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA 6? You'll be donating.

But, if you must, at least know what your loss will be.

As the late Grady Matthews recounted, "A betting man knows, that two even money propositions is actually three to one against."

As as "The Kid From Brooklyn" often yelled... Think about it !!!

All the best,
WW

Just talked to a buddy of mine, said he lost his first match, went to challenge table and ended up matchingg up with a dude who lost 2$500 sets and wants to play more...and my bud is no champ.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just talked to a buddy of mine, said he lost his first match, went to challenge table and ended up matchingg up with a dude who lost 2$500 sets and wants to play more...and my bud is no champ.

Are you trying to set up the OP? :grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square:

Shermanscs

Steve sherman
Silver Member
I am a legit APA 6. You could look me up - Steve Sherman 42949. I am at the expo. If you want some reasonable action straight up, PM me. Happy to play some sets if you like.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
you should be able to watch someone for 5 minutes and tell what spot you need or if you can win even. maybe 2 minutes.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never been to the SBE but locally a good strategy used to be don't show up until around 11 pm when everybody is drunk.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I am a legit APA 6. You could look me up - Steve Sherman 42949. I am at the expo. If you want some reasonable action straight up, PM me. Happy to play some sets if you like.

hey willycornbread;

I can vouch for this player.

and he's a great guy, too. :thumbup:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
If a guy wants to flip quarters with you for 100, don't do it. Especially if he offers you 2:1 on the $.

If a guy wants to bet he can jump over the pool table, don't do it.

If anyone wants to shoot a CB across the room and bet he can make it through somebody else's legs, bet at your own risk.

When you hear somebody barking about spot shots, particularly if clad in athletic shorts and slippers, place your wallet in your front pocket and hold it there with your hand as if you are a tourist riding the NYC subway for the first time.

That should cover you from the expo bandits, first timer. If you want to actually bet on pool, have fun and don't wager much more than you would be upset about if you left it in your pants in the wash on laundry day.

yes to all! :thumbup:

add this one:

don't bet with a guy who claims to have a cock that hangs below his knee. :eek:

he's a tattoo artist. :grin-square:

best,
brian kc

c_bruner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a guy wants to flip quarters with you for 100, don't do it. Especially if he offers you 2:1 on the $.

If a guy wants to bet he can jump over the pool table, don't do it.

If anyone wants to shoot a CB across the room and bet he can make it through somebody else's legs, bet at your own risk.

When you hear somebody barking about spot shots, particularly if clad in athletic shorts and slippers, place your wallet in your front pocket and hold it there with your hand as if you are a tourist riding the NYC subway for the first time.

That should cover you from the expo bandits, first timer. If you want to actually bet on pool, have fun and don't wager much more than you would be upset about if you left it in your pants in the wash on laundry day.

post of the year!!!!!!!!!!