I don’t like it

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok here it goes. I can’t keep it bottled up any longer.

Where to start? Who knows so I’ll just fire out a list in no particular order:

Purple 5 ball

Shaws record-disputes

WADA

Was this a foul? Was that a foul? Let’s watch in instant replay.

Where’s Daz, where’s Gorst? Who else is missing?

Table specs & what’s a record and what isn’t.

This is reminding me of instant replay in football and is way to technical, which is why I ignore football or any other technical nonsense milk drinker sport.

I came into pool 40 years ago because it was rough around the edges, the 5 was orange and people weren’t under the microscope. If they had habits it was on them. It was every man for himself. It wasn’t perfect, it was broken then and that was ok.

People could hustle other people, obtaining money under false pretenses was celebrated not looked down on.

You wanted to learn you had to pay your dues. Now you can buy your dues(almost).

2 records in the same run? To make everyone happy. The rule nazi’s and the rest of the pool fans? How does that even make sense?

Champions who should be in tourneys are sidelined for saying “fuk” or what ever or because they are from the wrong country.

All the PC shit is worming it’s way into pool. Had I saw this coming, I’d have passed long ago. I’d have never been part of the pool world in any shape or form.

I miss guys like UJ Puckett, Grady, Keith, Cole, Bobby Pickle, etc. Broken people with personality’s and yet they made their way in life and were fun. I’m a broken person and I can’t make a ball compared to them. Not in the same league, but I’m fun and not a milk drinker. There were lots of non-pro people in pool who were personality’s. I don’t see new ones coming in and others leaving for these PC reasons.

I’m tired of the milk drinker robots, wrong color balls and constantly arguing over the pocket size just to have a record “modified” because maybe a ball was brushed ina exhibition. Shaw was cool and said what he had to about it-he’s smart, however what he thought and said I’d bet are 2 VERY different things. Think the guys listed above would have gave that answer 30 years ago? Shaw had no choice-again he’s smart.

It’s taking the seediness, smoky back room Allure that pool had for me. WADA? Gtfo of here!!!! Go to the Olympic’s not pool!!!!

If I disappear tmr from pool this is why, not many will notice. But I refuse to succumb to the current state of affairs.

🟧Fatboy🟧

Last edited:

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I could not agree more. I don't like it, either, that most think "ok" is an abbreviation for "okay", when in fact "okay" derived from ok.

The first presentation of O.K in published media was March 23, 1839 in the Boston Morning Post. The story goes that people had begun spelling "all correct" phonetically as "oll korrect". The Post shortened it to O.K. that morning, and it apparently caught on.

Ok?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could not agree more. I don't like it, either, that most think "ok" is an abbreviation for "okay", when in fact "okay" derived from ok.

The first presentation of O.K in published media was March 23, 1839 in the Boston Morning Post. The story goes that people had begun spelling "all correct" phonetically as "oll korrect". The Post shortened it to O.K. that morning, and it apparently caught on.

Ok?
ok

I’m clueless when it comes to grammar or spelling.

😃😃🎰

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Pool is recreation for many nothing more the fun recreation.

Most of us will never be a World Class players.

We are older, have jobs, and or families to feed.

Plus even if your a World Class player, you never going to be paid like other sports.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
ok

😃😃🎰

Well if you want to be bother with being spelling, and grammer expert, get your PHD.

Every great writer has an editor, they fix the work of great writers.

Tom Clancy is great author, but he always had an editor.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is recreation for many nothing more the fun recreation.

Most of us will never be a World Class players.

We are older, have jobs, and or families to feed.

Plus even if your a World Class player, you never going to be paid like other sports.
That’s true

However has nothing to do with what I posted.

Hope your good Cowboy🤠🤠

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Purple 5 ball

Shaws record

WADA

This is reminding me of instant replay in football and is way to technical, which is why I ignore football or any other technical nonsense milk drinker sport.

I came into pool 40 years ago because it was rough around the edges, the 5 was orange and people weren’t under the microscope. If they had habits it was on them. It was every man for himself. It wasn’t perfect, it was broken then and that was ok.

People could hustle other people, obtaining money under false pretenses was celebrated not looked down on.

You wanted to learn you had to pay your dues. Now you can buy your dues(almost).

2 records in the same run? To make everyone happy. The rule nazi’s and the rest of the pool fans? How does that even make sense?

Champions who should be in tourneys are sidelined for saying “fuk” or what ever or because they are from the wrong country.

All the PC shit is worming it’s way into pool. Had I saw this coming, I’d have passed long ago. I’d have never been part of the pool world in any shape or form.

I miss guys like UJ Puckett, Grady, Keith, Cole, Bobby Pickle, etc. Broken people with personality’s and yet they made their way in life and were fun. I’m a broken person and I can’t make a ball compared to them.

I’m tired of the milk drinker robots, wrong color balls and constantly arguing over the pocket size just to have a record “modified” because maybe a ball was brushed ina exhibition. Shaw was cool and said what he had to about it-he’s smart, however what he thought and said I’d bet are 2 VERY different things. Think the guys listed above would have gave that answer 30 years ago? Shaw had no choice-again he’s smart.

It’s taking the seediness, smoky back room Allure that pool had for me. WADA? Gtfo of here!!!! Go to the Olympic’s not pool!!!!

If I disappear tmr from pool this is why, not many will notice. But I refuse to succumb to the current state of affairs.

🟧Fatboy🟧

World has become woke, pc, and not how it was.

Use to be better place, and the people who were our greatest generation are dying off.

As one World War Two vet said to me back in 2014, I no longer recognize the country I grew up in.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
World has become woke, pc, and not how it was.

Use to be better place, and the people who were our greatest generation are dying off.

As one World War Two vet said to me back in 2014, I no longer recognize the country I grew up in.
My uncle and dad were both in ww2, they said the same

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My uncle and dad were both in ww2, they said the same

Million dollar question is how can we return to what was good, great, and when people stopped what they were doing to fix what was broken?

Most things are fixable when people pitch in to help with fixing.

That is what the greatest generation did on 12/8/1941.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ok

😃😃🎰
When I first saw this, the post simply read, "Ok." The rest of it did not appear. So, I attempted to write something funny.

Would not have written anything if the entire post had shown up...

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I first saw this, the post simply read, "Ok." The rest of it did not appear. So, I attempted to write something funny.

Would not have written anything if the entire post had shown up...
I knew that. It was funny. 😃😃

All good, have a great weekend-well Sunday.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Million dollar question is how can we return to what was good, great, and when people stopped what they were doing to fix what was broken?

Most things are fixable when people pitch in to help with fixing.

That is what the greatest generation did on 12/8/1941.
We ain’t getting a million.

There’s no going back, either embrace the future or find a different route for the future. Create a different future

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
We ain’t getting a million.

There’s no going back, either embrace the future or find a different route for the future. Create a different future

Fatboy you shared some ideas to think on.

Your a person with track record for making things happen.

Hopefully you got folk think about problem enough they might wish to fix.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Purple 5 ball

Shaws record

WADA

I miss guys like UJ Puckett, Grady, Keith, Cole, Bobby Pickle, etc. Broken people with personality’s and yet they made their way in life and were fun. I’m a broken person and I can’t make a ball compared to them. Not in the same league, but I’m fun and not a milk drinker. There were lots of non-pro people in pool who were personality’s. I don’t see new ones coming in and others leaving for these PC reasons.

🟧Fatboy🟧
Don't participate!

Talk with your wallet!

I used to have gripes about local State and Regional amateur tournaments. My solution was to no longer player in any local player unfriendly tournaments. Problem solved!