I'd Like To See Jayson Shaw on TAR

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like Shaws game and his lack of fear. That's what it takes to get to the top. Reminds me of Shane about 8 years ago.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to see Rodney Morris play a match against anybody. He is back in "dead punch" and can play with anybody. I also really enjoy the pace at which he plays. I would like to see him play somebody like Corey Deuel or Earl (I know he is off limits for TAR, but still would like to see him match up with Morris).

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I think there's more fair (and marketable) matches for Shaw in his possible 1st TAR match. Some of the Fillipinos, Shane and probably even Archer are likely an uphill battle. I'd think TAR wants close matches, especially in the format where Sunday is iffy.

Hatch maybe?

I too love the way he shoots. He's exciting to watch and seems like a good chap. If the young man keeps progressing as he has, I can't see a ceiling for him.

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played him in the Swanee, and he was firing in the long shots like they were hangers. I like his game, and look forward to seeing/hearing more of him in the years to come.

Last edited:

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd watch it. I dunno if his game is there yet but it sounds like he has a chance vs. most top players.

But, him vs. mike dechaine would be maybe a fairer match than him vs. shane.

Shane is used to the TAR studio, will feel no nerves, not to mention he's probably just a better pool player. Too many advantages. Shaw would put on a good show but can't outrun that. Dechaine is a closer match in playing ability, plus it helps he already talked a little trash to shaw.

I care about all the hating going on against MD right now. But I also don't believe that any card highlighting MD would generate interest right now. At least until he's able to prove himself a top contender. Maybe JA or Morris would be a good matchup.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw and Rodney race to 25 would last an hour and a half, These 2 play so fast you would either have to have an undercard match or make it race to 40.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Shaw and Rodney race to 25 would last an hour and a half, These 2 play so fast you would either have to have an undercard match or make it race to 40.

I agree lol. Probably be better going to 100 in 3 days (35, 35, and 30). Rodney and Shaw would be a great match up IMO. I think an under card would cost TAR too much in purses, travel, and motel. Johnnyt

sydbarret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw vs dechaine is the ticket all day as I think they would both would likely play a set for 5 or 10 dimes. Pretty sure they both have backers that like their respective sides as well.

So it would be true old school TAR action match.

You got 2 confident sometimes controversial young guns evenly matched from euprope and usa. JCIN, make this happen!

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't Dechaine saying he wanted to play Shaw a while back?

It would make a good match, I think. I'd watch it.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw vs dechaine is the ticket all day as I think they would both would likely play a set for 5 or 10 dimes. Pretty sure they both have backers that like their respective sides as well.

So it would be true old school TAR action match.

You got 2 confident sometimes controversial young guns evenly matched from euprope and usa. JCIN, make this happen!

Mike does not deserve any more free money, Give it to someone that will try.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree lol. Probably be better going to 100 in 3 days (35, 35, and 30). Rodney and Shaw would be a great match up IMO. I think an under card would cost TAR too much in purses, travel, and motel. Johnnyt

With as many players that will be in Vegas in the bear future the price could be minimal. But in order to charge the same price you will have to do something because these 2 just play so damn fast.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is it free money?

And there are a lot of players who would have reacted similarly to being on the receiving end of Shane's performance.

he gets paid just for showing up. Loser gets 1000

And alot of players would of sat there like and adult and taken the loss like a man. Be a PROFFESIONAL

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he gets paid just for showing up. Loser gets 1000

He gets paid because people who like pool know his name and will pay to watch him play.

And alot of players would of sat there like and adult and taken the loss like a man. Be a PROFFESIONAL

And a lot wouldn't. I'd like to see players take losses better, but there are bad losers in all professional sports, particularly at the highest level, so that argument doesn't really wash.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He gets paid because people who like pool know his name and will pay to watch him play.

And a lot wouldn't. I'd like to see players take losses better, but there are bad losers in all professional sports, particularly at the highest level, so that argument doesn't really wash.

And this makes acting like a child ok?

Time for people to grow up.

After that beating I don't see Tar getting great numbers to watch Mike cry and get his head beat in again.

sydbarret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike does not deserve any more free money, Give it to someone that will try.

My thinking was both sides like their end and they may play a set for 5 or 10 dimes.

I think he would but maybe he'll answer. Maineplayer, would you play Jason Shaw if he would play you?

Zivan1967

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw would be awesome for a TAR match, Swanson memorial finals Shaw was down 2-3 and made an unforced error. Dennis wins that game then puts a 6 pack on him using pattern racking and a soft break. Dennis's last break he didn't have a shot on the lowest ball and the safety battle started, Shaw wins that game and then proceeds to use the same pattern Dennis was using along with his own soft break. Unfortunately Shaw didn't have a shot on the lowest ball his first break, but what composure and heart he showed at this event. So many players would have thrown a fit about pattern racking, or complained about soft breaking with magic rack, or flat out given up when they were down 10-2 in a race to 11, but Shaw didn't and would definitely put up a good fight in the long TAR races.

As for the Shaw vs Dechaine topic, please no, rather not pay to watch someone give up and complain all the time. If those 2 do match up for TAR, someone suggest a best of 9 sets, each a race to 9 with 3 sets a day. Maybe then Mike can compose himself a bit better if the score keeps resetting to 0-0. Rather see Shaw vs Shane in a race to 100 though, I don't think either would give up even down by 20 games and with the new pockets on the TAR table both players would be playing very fast and aggressive.

In short, please get Shaw into something on TAR lol :D