If Pool Rooms/Bars Opened Monday 5/4/2020 , post Covid 19 would you come if.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I honestly feel you made a fair comment, but he will not change. That is why I never reply to goofy statements.

I do not believe in censorship, also I do not use "ignore feature", as I get a good chuckle. Why miss a good laugh.

He is free to post what he wants to post, he just doesn't feel that's is a two way street.

Goofy statements?

Like how you are gonna resist the virus with bravado?

You don't respond because there is no defense for your idiotic positions.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I most play in our community own room, if commercial rom open first, I getting in car, and going to play pool.

Grandslam

Registered
It's funny you can take a course in Logic but there is no course you can take COMMON SENSE. Americans used to call it good old horse sense. I suggest if you have common sense you let it be your guide as to where and when you go.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
It's funny you can take a course in Logic but there is no course you can take COMMON SENSE. Americans used to call it good old horse sense. I suggest if you have common sense you let it be your guide as to where and when you go.

Life experence is as better teacher then going and getting a PHd. If you want to learn to Surf book are good for theory, but nothing beat paddling out, trying to catch a wave, and standing for a short time. Can not experence that is the Libruary.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Life experence is as better teacher then going and getting a PHd. If you want to learn to Surf book are good for theory, but nothing beat paddling out, trying to catch a wave, and standing for a short time. Can not experence that is the Libruary.

I agree, why listen to physicians when you can jump right in there and experience Covid-19 for yourself?

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I agree, why listen to physicians when you can jump right in there and experience Covid-19 for yourself?

all about choices

mine is to listen to people i respect and KNOW a lot more about this shit that i do although some of the talking heads are as accurate as a weather forecaster in Iuka, Ms. when it comes to projecting mortality rates

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
I will take liberties here and leave you all with this gratuitous plug for my show which, addresses many of the items discussed in this thread.

This broadcast will air on Wednesday, May 6th @ 11am / PST. Please join us for live chat and for a chance to give us your feedback.

'Long Live The Pool-Hall!'

Attachments

• APRIL-6-thumb.jpg
    APRIL-6-thumb.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 155

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Life experence is as (a) better teacher then (than) going and getting a PHd. If you want to learn to Surf book (books) are good for theory, but nothing beat (beats) paddling out, trying to catch a wave, and standing for a short time. Can not experence that is (in) the Libruary (library).
They have courses in English, spelling and grammar available now too. But that fancy book learning is for crybabies.

Last edited:

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I would be there when they opened and stay until they closed without a mask or gloves.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And..you can also save a lot of money eating the food others leave behind.

There is so much waste in our eateries, it just makes good good sense.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The question is really, would you play if a mask and gloves are required?
There is really zero logic that would support gloves in this situation...but I don't suppose that rules outthat some would require it or choose to wear them.

If I didn't have a table at home I might feel differently, but I have no desire to go to a bar, pool room, airport or sports arena for a while. I've been home for 7 weeks trying not to get the corona, another few is no big deal.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've even taken the cover off my table this whole time. Lots of things to do when it's spring(ish) in MI.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

There is something called trust, and if I do not trust your opionion. If I personally do not trust, than I go get a second opinion. I am sure you being in California have all Honesty Physicans, none who are steal from Medicare, Medical. All Honest, no crooks.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
There is really zero logic that would support gloves in this situation...but I don't suppose that rules outthat some would require it or choose to wear them.

If I didn't have a table at home I might feel differently, but I have no desire to go to a bar, pool room, airport or sports arena for a while. I've been home for 7 weeks trying not to get the corona, another few is no big deal.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've even taken the cover off my table this whole time. Lots of things to do when it's spring(ish) in MI.

The local APA is trying to restart and one of the rules is gloves on both hands. I don't think there is a chance of the league restarting here in CA anytime soon and very few people will play if they do.

I have a really nice table set up here but have no real desire to play or practice since there are no tournaments to play in.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
They have courses in English, spelling and grammar available now too. But that fancy book learning is for crybabies.

No everyone has to be prefect in English, and Punctuation. That what Editors are for, they Editor make good writter look better. Also I am thankful not everyone has a PHD, as we need strong people to pickup trash.

BTW I would if your Mommie is proud of her rude offspring?

Last edited:

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
.......... I have a really nice table set up here but have no real desire to play or practice since there are no tournaments to play in.

That’s were I was, no desire to play, I was just knocking them around. Then I took somebody’s (Bob Jewett?) advice and started playing 14.1. I had never played and it’s a good way to be competitive, even if it’s against yourself.

I’m finding it difficult and challenging. I believe I should come out of the social distancing a better player. I’m up to 38 now, not much, but I’m feeling pretty good about it.

aces805

non iphone user
That feeling of making a bridge, that feeling of holding the cue, chalking up, racking the balls, all of that would be pure sh*t with gloves on. I sure do miss shooting pool.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The local APA is trying to restart and one of the rules is gloves on both hands. I don't think there is a chance of the league restarting here in CA anytime soon and very few people will play if they do.

I have a really nice table set up here but have no real desire to play or practice since there are no tournaments to play in.

If you have to wear a mask and glove to play pool then pool is probably not that important.

It's just like APA to start. :angry:

Stay safe. Stay home.