Info for glue for facing.....

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, I know that the facing are pratically always glued with contact cement, but my question is, what the job the super glue can do for it, neoprene facing without backing on the cushion rubber with superglue? Thank You!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, I know that the facing are pratically always glued with contact cement, but my question is, what the job the super glue can do for it, neoprene facing without backing on the cushion rubber with superglue? Thank You!
What exactly are you trying to say? Superglueing the facing on? This guy does:

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What exactly are you trying to say? Superglueing the facing on? This guy does:
I don't want that you forget that i'm a French guy you know,😁. Yes yes, superglueing facing, that's the right thing! I will try it on one table with thicker facing, the mechanic here is not super experimented and he had some problem with contact cement, may be that his contact cement was of poor quality, anyway we will give a try to the superglue, with this video i'm confident of the results. Thank You Garczar!!

peter_gunn

])3a]) s']['rok3
Silver Member
I don't want that you forget that i'm a French guy you know,. Yes yes, superglueing facing, that's the right thing! I will try it on one table with thicker facing, the mechanic here is not super experimented and he had some problem with contact cement, may be that his contact cement was of poor quality, anyway we will give a try to the superglue, with this video i'm confident of the results. Thank You Garczar!!
U probably have problems gluing neoprene facing with contact cement.
Try to clean the facing with acetone first . You can thank me later

Sent from my M2012K11G using Tapatalk

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
U probably have problems gluing neoprene facing with contact cement.
Try to clean the facing with acetone first . You can thank me later

Yes ok, but with a good cleaning, wich glue between contact cement and superglue will be the best you think?

peter_gunn

])3a]) s']['rok3
Silver Member
Yes ok, but with a good cleaning, wich glue between contact cement and superglue will be the best you think?
I use pattex contact cement.
I think that super glue isn't good for facings , specifically thin one

peter_gunn

])3a]) s']['rok3
Silver Member
Like this one, I can do some test before?
Not sure , search for pattex universal classic
daa9fd2dbac7f156c1ce0db4fa7c135f.jpg

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I used Barge Cement (it's a contact cement) and had zero problems with it. The key is to clean the area to be glued (I just used 91% IPA) and let it set up some before mating the surfaces.

It was the first time I ever did such a thing and it worked perfectly so it can't be that difficult. He must have either got a bad batch of glue or did it wrong, possibly lack of prep.

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
You could use the same glue used by the manufacturer… they do sell it in a liter can…

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Surprises me that no one has tried my RKC250 adhesive.
It's all I will use. Only reason I didn't recommend it is availability. If you can't buy wholesale, you have to buy a lot of it, and it's pretty expensive. It's a shame it's not readily available in smaller amounts.