Interesting Lady I just Became Aware Of

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never heard of this Lady before , but I will read more about her, came up as the Google Emoji to day.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny McGoorty had a lot of good things to say about her in his biography written by Robert Byrne. It's a great read, by the way.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Danny McGoorty had a lot of good things to say about her in his biography written by Robert Byrne. It's a great read, by the way.
Yes he did. Here's one of the things he said about her:

"If you had the slightest idea of easing up on her because she was only a cute little girl, you were dead. She would murder you. I found out damned quick that you couldn't leave her an open shot. If you did she would take those balls away from you and stick them right up your pooper."

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes he did. Here's one of the things he said about her:

"If you had the slightest idea of easing up on her because she was only a cute little girl, you were dead. She would murder you. I found out damned quick that you couldn't leave her an open shot. If you did she would take those balls away from you and stick them right up your pooper."
Bob Byrne told a story about her. It may have been during her Hall of Fame Induction - WPBA. She would be around 77 years old.
Someone suggested that she demonstrate the "Rail Nurse". She replied Oh, I don't know... I haven't even picked up a cue in 20 years (or some such time). Finally they convinced her to just show us a little bit. So she gets up to the table and starts hitting billiards. When she reached 100point run, she went back to her seat.