Is there a way to estimate your APA skill level

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Typical apa ... Lol lose your first match. I don't give a shit what my rating is. My goal is to destroy everyone I play. Period. if that raises me and and I have to play tougher matches then so be it. I play to compete and be pushed to get better not sand bag.

Btw I've only played 6 matches in apa 9 ball. You can come In at a 4 but know players can be brought in higher. I was brought in at a 7 and expect to end up an 8.
This is a blast from the past 😂I was wrong. I ended up a 9 by the end of the first session 😂 then realized it was all but impossible to keep a decent team together with a 9 on it. I play apa masters now and honestly it’s my favorite league format

Bayou Queen

This is a blast from the past 😂I was wrong. I ended up a 9 by the end of the first session 😂 then realized it was all but impossible to keep a decent team together with a 9 on it. I play apa masters now and honestly it’s my favorite league format
i agree with this and I enjoy Masters more cause I get to shoot vs others my SL as opposed to players that should be a 9 yet SB to be a SL6. I enjoy my BCA league as well cause we have high 600+ Fargo players so it’s shooting others at my SL as well. I love being challenged and even when I experience a SB in APA I approach it as a personal challenge to beat them anyway.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Guess that says a lot about your character and how you approach the game. You watch any professional they have the upmost respect for their opponent as well as the game and treat each that way.
You sure you want to go down that hole? Watch any professional, they have the upmost respect for their opponent as well as the game.

Guessing you are pretty new to pool.

DeeDeeCues

You sure you want to go down that hole? Watch any professional, they have the upmost respect for their opponent as well as the game.

Guess that depends on the definition of, 'upmost'. Many certainly don't have the utmost respect....

Upmost is incorrect in this usage.

Bayou Queen

I have been playing for 44 years so I wouldn’t say I’m new to the game, I know a lot of the older pros and I know how they approach the game and I know their integrity so yes I’m okay going down that rabbit hole. There are always exceptions to the rule.

Zerksies

"this is a game of integrity" bwahahahahahahah post of the year. We need to start wearing tuxes and monocles.
This guy must be new to pool and leagues. Most pool players are not people of integrity. And the tops pros 🤣 they are even biggest scumbags of them all. The top pro are making their living with cash games.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I have been playing for 44 years so I wouldn’t say I’m new to the game, I know a lot of the older pros and I know how they approach the game and I know their integrity so yes I’m okay going down that rabbit hole. There are always exceptions to the rule.
Can't be exceptions if it is a rule. That by definition is what a rule is.

Bayou Queen

There are always exceptions to the rule just like there are always people that break laws. Just because there is a rule doesn’t mean everyone abides by it. This whole conversation is pointless because you will always see things your way and I will see it my way and that’s fine, I’m not going to try and change you. Every pro I know personally has the highest respect for those the compete against as well as the game. I can’t speak for anyone I do not know it’s that simple :)

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
There are always exceptions to the rule just like there are always people that break laws. Just because there is a rule doesn’t mean everyone abides by it. This whole conversation is pointless because you will always see things your way and I will see it my way and that’s fine, I’m not going to try and change you. Every pro I know personally has the highest respect for those the compete against as well as the game. I can’t speak for anyone I do not know it’s that simple :)
Do you know Jayson Shaw or Earl or Siegel or Henn there is a long list, but let's start with those.