Is this a Schon - really?

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you please help me ID this cue!
It was sold to me as a Schon app. 10 years ago, although it was sold with a Vollmer shaft with ivory ferule. It is a used cue and has some very minor chips at the butt end.

The rings at the joint look exactly like the rings on the new Shon-shaft that i bought afterwards. However, there is no Schon-logo. The cue might have been refurbished. The cue features a solid ivory butt cap, an solid ivory joint, 6 ivory windows, and 6, most likely ivory, inlays in the flames. The flames are no real splices but CNC'd. Black leather wrap. I have pctures the seam of the wrap to show the workmanship.

What do you think - if it is a Schon, what model is it. If not - what else is it?

Any idea about the value?

Thanx

Gerhard

Attachments

• schon6.jpg
    schon6.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 728
  • schon5.jpg
    schon5.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 684
  • schon4.jpg
    schon4.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 612
  • schon3.jpg
    schon3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 556
  • schon2.jpg
    schon2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 548

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The joint and butt cap was probably replaced at some time or it was ordered as a custom. I agree that this cue is a later R15. I am not sure of the value due to the joint and butt cap replacement.

If you can get Schon to admit to the modifications, you have a valuable cue. If not, the cue would be worth less than what a catalog model sells for today. Nice cue any way you cut it though.

howardthedick

BIG Head Club
Silver Member
schon

I just recently talk to Bob about his sharp pointed cues and anything made in the 80,s has sharp points. He said all the rounded points were made in the early 90,s. but with that said by the looks of this cue the joint was added later, as a matter of fact Bob doesn't do piloted ivory. He doesn't think ivory is strong enough to hold up and says their to much of a headache to replace when they crack. thanks

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks folks!
That was really helpful. :thumbup:
Great guys here at the forum!

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Yea its a schon and I love it lol. Me my self like the white joint wish my stl4 had white joint :thumbup: