It's early but do you have anything Pool that you're looking forward to in 2018?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm REALLY looking forward to see just how many people will ask these two BURNING questions: 1.What's the best playing cue? 2.What's the best tip? ;)

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to playing the game with a renewed energy and passion. Really since late spring 2017 I have been pretty burnt out on pool and I'm not sure why. No desire to play, practice, or watch. Partly I think it was because I started a new hobby and there is so much to learn and buy with it that pool just didn't seem as interesting. The other part is that pool leagues are partially responsible. I was playing 2 nights a week, and playing more than once a week just kills my interest to play pool purely for myself on other nights. Recently (within the last week) my passion for the game has been reignited. I'm hoping it stays that way for 2018.

I too have got burnt out plenty of times over the years. What usually happens with me is after not playing for however long , inevitably some other player wants to get at my knot in my pocket and gets out of line with a game just to " force " me to get up. There really isn't much better of a feeling of getting into a game after not playing for a bit that you KNOW you are straight up raping the other person for $500-1000 or whatever ( and don't feel the slightest bit bad because they made the game just to entice me to get up ) and just straight drilling them to the point they never wanna play again ( at least till tomorrow lol ) and taking the cash down. That always seems to reinvigorate me and brings the passion back. It's been ,years experience that after a time off of at least a month or two I always come back playing noticeably stronger than when I quit.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Griffin has a new pool room in Vegas
I would like to see him one more time

Laurie invited June and me to come visit her,It might be the last chance we get so I hope to
go to Vegas one more time

I have several people that want to go to the Derby
Jackpot offered me the opportunity to stake him again

he reminds me that his record is good,but that was 40 years ago
and I am not so sure any more . He tells me I can still play shortstop for
his company team,but I was pitching to the 6 ,7 and 8 year olds at our
private school 10 days ago when i fell flat on my face and got knocked out cold.

That wasn't so bad but my wife told me it was high time I started
acting my age.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I'm hiring a contractor, converting my garage into Robin Kelly Man Cave Pool Room and Pool Academy.

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
- The farewell tour of Efren here in Germany. He is coming with Busti and Earl to our pool hall in Bergisch Gladbach in january. I am looking forward and getting excited to that event.

- The second halve of our league season

- Getting better under my coach Christian Reimering

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Weather being warm enough that cues are put away and boat and golf clubs are back.

I am going to run a small tournament in 2018 from Jan-march, hopefully that is fin.

raistlinsdragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Getting a new Bluegrass in Dec.....to go with my bluegrass that was built in Dec. 1993. Also spending a few days at the DCC.

dbgordie

Thread Killer!!
Silver Member
Having a GCIII installed by trentfromtoledo in January!! No more furniture table for me!!

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ACS Nationals in May at the Trop in Vegas. Hoping to get a huge showing from my league. Great venue, great setup, great time of year, great tourneys!

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
I've always wanted to run three balls in a row.

I think 2018 is my year...