Its George Cases are Back!

Greg9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We just received our first shipment of Its George Cases! They are back and as amazing as always. We have the following in stock:

2x4
Smooth Black
Black Lizard
Black Eel
Black Gator
Brown Gator
Dark Brown Elephant
Tan Elephant
3x6
Smooth Black
Black Eel
Dark Brown Elephant
Black Gator
Brown Gator

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cases/george/its_george_cases.htm

itsgeorge-2x4-lightbrown_sm.jpg

dakota

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
New George Cases

Do these new George cases still have a shoulder strap and has it been relocated to the back of the case instead of the side? I know it seems like a little detail, but that was one of the only things I didn't like about the original cases was that they were uncomfortable to carry with the shoulder strap.

Thanks,

Dakota

Jeff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I see the latches are still crooked. I hope that is not one of the cases in the picture

phinmole

www.phinmole.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
I wonder if this is going to kill the collectable value of the old cases. Any collectors out there want to give me their opinion?

Felix

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
phinmole said:
I wonder if this is going to kill the collectable value of the old cases. Any collectors out there want to give me their opinion?

Felix
Thats what I'm talking about. I think the prices will endup possably Panning out and hold to a standstill.

dacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Price is a bit shocking, although cases do look nice. Anyone have any thoughts about the price of these new cases, and the effect on the collector's price of the old ones. That I have in my safe?
D.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
557   0   0
dakota said:
Do these new George cases still have a shoulder strap and has it been relocated to the back of the case instead of the side? I know it seems like a little detail, but that was one of the only things I didn't like about the original cases was that they were uncomfortable to carry with the shoulder strap.

Thanks,

Dakota

THE STRAP IS OPTIONAL.... I TRIED ONE AT THE EXPO, AND THE STRAP BEING ON THE BACK IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS BEFORE.

our_auctionguy

The Wall.....
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
phinmole said:

Felix
It wasn't that long ago when you could pick up 2x4 Brunswick made by It's George cases for $120-150 all day long as they were being offloaded by Brunswick. I bought a couple back then and never saw a reason to pay more than $200 for one and the fact that it said Brunswick on it didn't change it's functionailty one iota. I don't see them as collectible even if it is strictly an "It's George". The new price point is definitely not going to hurt the older one's value, however I don't see them becoming popular again at this price. Too much competition. In a couple years, they will be whoring these out the door like they did the Brunswick's. Look at GTF already pushing their prices of the 1x2 under $200.

Sniper.243

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its NOT GEorge

I have to say,I thought I would never get rid of my 3x6 Its George black gator,but I really think I like my introke 3x5 better....Just miss the large pocket on the george.

Jeff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I had a nice mint old 3x6 George case a while ago and traded it. It was nice.

I bought one of the new 3x6 cases and other than the crooked latch it was nice.

But there was a definite difference as far as I'm concerned. A different feel to it. Everything from the leather to just the way it feels in your hands.

Give me one of the old ones. JMHO

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Collectible George cases

phinmole said:

Felix

JMO...I've been collecting old It's George cases for 4-years now and I have several. I am sure that the new cases are nice, but I heard that they are made in China. The old cases should hold their value, but may not go up in value like they were. The new ones are not cheap, even more expensive than I paid for any of my vintage cases. The crooked latches are concerning, and for that price, a crooked latch is a deal-breaker. If I am going to pay $425.00 for a case made in China, I will hold out to see what the new imported Justis cases look like...JMO

View attachment 64753

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
As far as I know the new It's George cases are not made in China.

Not to hijack the thread but if one wants to see the quality of cases that are made in China of this type then go to www.gtfcases.com and check them out. I am responsible for these and they are top notch in my opinion.

I am sure that the Justis West cases will also be well made since Jack has shown them how to do it.

Quality is something that is a product of people's expectation and experience. Yesterday I went to a clothing and sewing machine show. The suppliers there make everything from K-Mart to Brooks Brothers clothes and you can easily see and feel the difference. It's all about what the client wants and is ABLE to teach the factory how to do it.

If I were to build cases in the USA then I wouldn't get good cases until I taught my people how to do it the way I want it. I tweak stuff all the time to improve it. Just two days ago I spent about 30 minutes teaching the seamstresses how to sew the corners on the pockets of a cheap case in a better way. This was done so the the pocket makes a better appearance and lasts longer.

The point is that y'all should start to judge products based on the product itself and not which patch of Earth it was made on.

As for the quality of the new It's George cases; I saw them in Valley Forge and they have little things here and there but overall they are nice. This is not an easy case to make and if Mike Roberts and his son are doing it by themselves then I have to say that they have a lot of things to get right and it will probably take some time to get in groove so to speak.

Ok - I hijacked the thread sorry. :) It is a good year for people who love cases though as it seems that cases are getting better and there are more makers now than ever before.

Michael-Hoang

Omega Billiards
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
THE STRAP IS OPTIONAL.... I TRIED ONE AT THE EXPO, AND THE STRAP BEING ON THE BACK IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS BEFORE.

I agree with you on this.

Everyone that has bought one of these new 2nd Generation "It's George" cases love the shoulder strap on the back. It looks cleaner/nicer, and more importantly, it is much more comfortable. The weight distribution really improves the balance of the case, particularly the 3x6's.

Just so we can end the rumor of where the 2nd Generation "It's George" cases are made, Mike Roberts has agreed to offer any kinds of custom alteration free of charge.

For example, you can request the strap to be where it used to belong (on the side), or you don't want a strap, or you don't want a handle, or you want just one small pouch, just one long pouch, etc.....Whatever it is, it will be free, AND you will have your case in 2 weeks.

Regards,

Michael.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
It's George Case

I just bought a 2nd generation It's George Case from Greg on Friday afternoon. It's the smooth black version and I like the fact that the strap is on the back of the case since I prefer to carry using the handle vs strapping it on my back like it's hunting season..

As far as protection from the various elements and falls...these types of cases are hard to beat. I have two original It's George cases and five Fellini cases...I wouldn't keep my cues in anything else. Not bashing the others out there just my preference.

Although, I recall Tony from Black Boar cues telling me once that keeping your cues in anything but an air tight case was like a "submarine with screen windows".

dave sutton

Banned
Rating - 92.7%
51   4   0
dacue said:
Price is a bit shocking, although cases do look nice. Anyone have any thoughts about the price of these new cases, and the effect on the collector's price of the old ones. That I have in my safe?
D.

i agree. you can get a used original in the 200- 250$ range and a new brunswick still in the bag for 200-250$ range also.

only gripe i have is the name on the top. looks cheesey

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
JB Cases said:
As far as I know the new It's George cases are not made in China.

That is funny John, as China is not a problem, if the PRODUCT QUALITY is in the product.
rant.gif

Not to hijack the thread but if one wants to see the quality of cases that are made in China of this type then go to www.gtfcases.com and check them out. I am responsible for these and they are top notch in my opinion.

But you did.
hijack.gif

As far as the Cases quality I hope there are some at the BCA in Sin City next month too look at and see with my own eyes the quality, or lack of it.
flyingbrick.gif

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
165   0   0
CocoboloCowboy said:
That is funny John, as China is not a problem, if the PRODUCT QUALITY is in the product.
rant.gif

But you did.
hijack.gif

As far as the Cases quality I hope there are some at the BCA in Sin City next month too look at and see with my own eyes the quality, or lack of it.
flyingbrick.gif

I was merely dispelling the comment that the It's George cases are made in China. And I used GTF cases to show that there are in fact cases in this genre that DO come from China and also have high quality.

I believe that the comment about the It's George cases being made in China was meant to comment on the quality issues that the new It's George cases have and thereby to use it as an example of "bad" Chinese quality.

But since the It's George cases are not made in China - at least as far as I know they are not, then they are not examples of Chinese craftsmanship, good or bad.

Again, it's not where a product is made that is important. It is who makes it and how well is it done.

I don't think you will see any GTF cases for sale in Vegas unless GTF gets a dealer out there. As far as I know they are not planning to attend the Vegas tournaments.

John

P.S. Your stuff is on it's way to me finally.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
JB Cases said:
Again, it's not where a product is made that is important. It is who makes it and how well is it done.

AMEN.
goodpost.gif

Plus I will be looking at the New George's if they are in Sin City..