I've got issues

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Base stands are particle board
One is fine, I will just strip the redo the veneer because there's a big patch gone

The other has water damage
I don't know what this means for future stability
Its swelled so now the corners are flared up

What wood or material can I use to build another that will be sturdy, do I need to build another
If I built one I might as well do both

Then the sides are also veneer. Veneer that cannot be removed and remade, by me anyways
How can I get those wear areas looking like the un touched, sand? Clear? If so how much of what grit

The top rails are my least concerning area
I got the bad end of a deal and I'm stuck with it

Ive looked at alot of videos but can't seem to find one showing sanding of veneer or any kind of restore process, other than take it off and put new
Which can't be done for the sides unless I buy from the company,

Pics in a little bit, forum is uploading all images too large ATM making things hard

Any and all advice is appreciated

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
5y91t1.jpg

313n2vr.jpg

25u65o0.jpg

142anhf.jpg

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Ive looked at alot of videos but can't seem to find one showing sanding of veneer or any kind of restore process, other than take it off and put new
Which can't be done for the sides unless I buy from the company,

Pics in a little bit, forum is uploading all images too large ATM making things hard

Any and all advice is appreciated[/QUOTE]

You could try staining the bare wood to match the existing veneers and then varnish over.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
so now i had a guy come look at it and he said it looks like a laminate, super thin, near un workable

Last edited:

reverend

Table Mechanic
Silver Member
I just did those side skirts, same table, its a thin veneer, can be sanded lightly until all the finish is removed, then stain/ finish how you want.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I just did those side skirts, same table, its a thin veneer, can be sanded lightly until all the finish is removed, then stain/ finish how you want.

Thanks for making my day, that's all I needed to know