JacobyBlack V4.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Ironically, i modified it with a wood + juma combination and couldnt be happier. got it playing to where i like it, plus the feedback of the shot is firm now & not mushy. I'm sure micarta or IV3/4 works just as well.

did you follow the same dimensions for the original ferrule for the micarta upgrade? I did that with juma and the deflection was higher than the original.

It is at 0.855", normal cues are around 0.843'

Funny you say Ironically because no I do that same kind of weight saving " hack" with a hybrid Vplat with it being hallow in the stem in the shaft and filling the void at the top with a wood plug. Plus Micarta is second lightest only to tomahawk and then wood of course. My whole Vplate is only half inch in total size! Also ironically my Juma setups I do the same with wood and have done that to my Revos, cynergys, and Bcue shafts in the past with lots of success on making the hit better and making the deflection lower or the same!

I'm glad you have had success with the Juma setup!

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
UPDATE: Some photo's of that Micarta vault/ferrule, the void opening at the top side is then filled with wood to keep even more weight down. I have also had great luck doing this modification to the cynergy shaft with Juma and Tomahawk. Current tip is a "Select Medium firm" Elk master, one of my favorite combos for wood shafts with Micarta ferrules as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 50

TimWeidner

How does the Pechauer Rogue compare in these categories?

Becue has the best tone/sound out of the box, most likely because of the harder tip on it and the shaft is more vocal but still not as pingy as a cynergy or a Revo, I would say it has a deep rich tone " tonk" the vibration feel or feedback is good

Smoothest and least sound while cuing glove or not would be by a long shot the Jacoby V4, It's soooo smooth and quiet, second is the becue, then last Revo.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
How does the Pechauer Rogue compare in these categories?
The rogue, I may be biased but I had a 11.8 it was the worst and deadest shaft I have ever played with, every shot felt forced, Thought thats just my honest opinion. The rough shaft is well made and solid, but its lack of fiscally and vocal feedback had me second guessing many shots.

Naitch

The rogue, I may be biased but I had a 11.8 it was the worst and deadest shaft I have ever played with, every shot felt forced, Thought thats just my honest opinion. The rough shaft is well made and solid, but its lack of fiscally and vocal feedback had me second guessing many shots.

Have tried the Whyte carbon shaft?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update: I switched to a "good" Firm elkmaster this evening, just couldn't help myself. I left the Kamui clear pad and small black pad on, seem to of brighten up the hit a bit but still no "ping" sound maybe very very low " tonk " I am enjoying the elky I put on but still may end up going with a sib cool blue hard, or finally try out a G2 hard.
I have a g2 hard on a carbon shaft and really like it.

I'm playing 3c billiards with it and I think it is too hard for pool.

Free advice: worth every penny!

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
You would need a robotic arm to tell.
Some of us are more sensitive to the feel and feedback, also how the cue ball reacts than others. Some can just grab any cue and not over think it. But I'm sorry your statement is very blunt and IMHO extremely wrong, to each their own.

Nyquil

Some of us are more sensitive to the feel and feedback, also how the cue ball reacts than others. Some can just grab any cue and not over think it. But I'm sorry your statement is very blunt and IMHO extremely wrong, to each their own.
I am talking about deflection not feel or feedback.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I am talking about deflection not feel or feedback.
Thats why I said also how the cue ball reacts. But anyway no need to get off topic, this was a review thread, not another ranting on deflection thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but for some LD is a significant thing the can see happen and choose to go with more modern tech shafts.

PNWLocal

Nice review! I just picked up the 30" 12.3 last week and spent a few days with it. The first day, I used the Kamui S tip it came with but did not like the hit on it, it was too soft. I changed it out to the Taom Fusion but kept the clear base from the Kamui on it. I'm really liking it now and it has great feel to it. I may try a medium tip on the next one to see how much difference it will make but I'm not in a rush to do so.

This is my first CF shaft and I switched from the 11.75 KW shaft because I was looking for a slightly larger diameter. I really like the KW shaft too and will keep it for as a backup for now.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
How's the deflection on the Jacoby Black v4.0 and how does it compares to the Revo deflection

The 11.8 Jacoby had more deflection but still is in that range of being very low. The Jacoby just has more to offer for those that want more feel, and vibration feedback. Its a bit easier to control the cue ball as its not ass stiff and powerful as the revo. And is much much quieter than the revo, cynergy, be cue engage, and fortis shafts. But for me I like the sportier play of the fortis shaft and is my current player. But the Jacoby v4. is really a nice shaft if it suits your game.

Nyquil

Thats why I said also how the cue ball reacts. But anyway no need to get off topic, this was a review thread, not another ranting on deflection thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but for some LD is a significant thing the can see happen and choose to go with more modern tech shafts.
Oh I agree def a difference in LD vs SD. However, asking like the one member did the deflection differences between your new shaft and the Revo you would need a robotic test to really tell imho. That's all I am saying.

BreakAndRun79

Ironically, i modified it with a wood + juma combination and couldnt be happier. got it playing to where i like it, plus the feedback of the shot is firm now & not mushy. I'm sure micarta or IV3/4 works just as well.

did you follow the same dimensions for the original ferrule for the micarta upgrade? I did that with juma and the deflection was higher than the original.

It is at 0.855", normal cues are around 0.843'
Jacoby Black has multiple joint diameters for the same pin in some cases.

They have a 3/8x10 for McDermott which is .855 and a non McDermott 3/8x10 which is .847.