Jason "buffalo" hunt

BisonBilliards

BisonBilliards.com
Silver Member
The short story is that he mouthed off to the owner after being warned a few times over the past few months about his behavior. No one saw any reason to keep him around. Is there ANY pool hall in the country that will still let him in?

I hate to bring anymore recognition to this thread, but this quote pretty much sums up what happened in our establishment.

Ask anyone who has met my dad (the owner) and they will say he gives EVERYONE many chances, in my opinion too many chances. He regularly helps dozens of regulars, drives people home if needed at closing, among many other things. In his four years of owning Bison Billiards, he has permantly thrown out 3 people, Jason Hunt being one of them.

Of course his story of why Mike Sr. threw him out of Bison is over picking teams on his APA league, which can be seen at about 5 minutes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJaML7O3HyE

We threw Jason out because he cannot control himself or his actions in public.

As you watch many of his videos on youtube and you hear about how many places / tournaments / leagues he is banned from, I sure any half-way reasonable person can imagine that these single establishments are not being prejudice in their actions. At the end of the day, a business is a business and the sole reason is to make money. When there is one individual who makes people uncomfortable, who argues with the owner regularly, and who is completely disrespectful to his surroundings, the choice is easy.

This is not to take away anything from his playing capabilities... I have had the pleasure to watch some INCREDIBLE pool players come through our room in the past four years, Jason is one of the most talented for sure. Unfortunately this does not trump any of the previous statements I just made.

At the end of the day, the story is unfortunate. From what our customers tell us, he is kicked out of 4 pool halls in Buffalo and is only welcome at a bar in the northtowns that has 4 bar tables. It is a sad story in my opinion, I hope he turns his life around and wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up...

Jr.

BklynCeez

Registered
I hate to bring anymore recognition to this thread, but this quote pretty much sums up what happened in our establishment.

Ask anyone who has met my dad (the owner) and they will say he gives EVERYONE many chances, in my opinion too many chances. He regularly helps dozens of regulars, drives people home if needed at closing, among many other things. In his four years of owning Bison Billiards, he has permantly thrown out 3 people, Jason Hunt being one of them.

Of course his story of why Mike Sr. threw him out of Bison is over picking teams on his APA league, which can be seen at about 5 minutes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJaML7O3HyE

We threw Jason out because he cannot control himself or his actions in public.

As you watch many of his videos on youtube and you hear about how many places / tournaments / leagues he is banned from, I sure any half-way reasonable person can imagine that these single establishments are not being prejudice in their actions. At the end of the day, a business is a business and the sole reason is to make money. When there is one individual who makes people uncomfortable, who argues with the owner regularly, and who is completely disrespectful to his surroundings, the choice is easy.

This is not to take away anything from his playing capabilities... I have had the pleasure to watch some INCREDIBLE pool players come through our room in the past four years, Jason is one of the most talented for sure. Unfortunately this does not trump any of the previous statements I just made.

At the end of the day, the story is unfortunate. From what our customers tell us, he is kicked out of 4 pool halls in Buffalo and is only welcome at a bar in the northtowns that has 4 bar tables. It is a sad story in my opinion, I hope he turns his life around and wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up...

Jr.

Well said.

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jason Hunt Sighting

Jason played in a local chip tournament last night in the Cleveland area. It was interesting because I had read this whole thread a while ago....and certainly had my opinions already formed about him....long story short- He was a total gentleman. He won the the tournament. Although he masked his speed early on....he ran out like someone in a burning building towards the end. He plays very well, and amazingly enough he was very well behaved and cordial.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He should definitely be on a Bonus Ball team.
I think Jason Hunt, Earl Strickland and Mike Dechaine would have been a great team to watch. Entertainment

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buffalo Hunt double dips Mark Hatch to take the belleview title. Should be on az front page, titled "Buffalo turns down Bonus Ball for the Tournament Trail Life"

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Recent Facebook posts reminded me of how funny this was. Thought I would share my joy.

has anyone else noticed when he makes a friend on takes their phone and writes a post about himself that is so obviously him writing it?

It is hilarious and pathetic how he tries to justify himself through that. when he loses gets the worst rolls ever when the reality is he is short stop speed. how good depends on the area

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Jason "Buffalo" Hunt owns Silver Cue Billiards Ultra Lounge in Reno.
MortuaryMikeNV and I play there when in town. Tables play great.
Price is right, drinks are stiff, music is very pleasant. We are always
treated like close friends when we play there.

https://twitter.com/buffalohunt