Jayson Shaw First Contracted Pro on WNT

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Those aren't even ideas, much less sentences, geenyus. If there's coherent thought there, you (continually) fail to convey it.

Yher ignorant of what matchroom does and how it does it. All you see is the pictures. Then you fill blanks in and pop off some dumb shit that barely has any impact on the topic.

You think you are you're your thoughts are your commodity, we get it. Theyar'e their not worth anything.

Don't quit your job. People will quit and die and hopefully you will move up based solely on employer's needs and time served.

Its a pool forum usually you should be socially promoted by now. Why do you choose to hold yourself back and stay in discussion? Your not ready for the anchor desk doing live improv.

How many actual people, not bots or friends of bots actually use this forum? It is the same 20 people.

Sports contracts means agents. Agents can look for players of all ages, poolrooms have to make it easier for agents to know when to recruit. And recruit high quality players, not drunks or perverts that end up arrested a week later.

There is a huge industry for college qualified international students. If billiards starts having agents, then finding new billiard players gets a lot easier.

Imagine a billiard pro living on a college academic student visa with scholarship. Would this be allowed at DHS or immigration?

Foreign government pays for college, private sponsors manage pool expenses and rinse and repeat.

You can't stay in the pool room and invent new technology. You have to get out in the world and have experience.

How do you think women will get the low end of the contract like in the past?

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a pool forum usually you should be socially promoted by now. Why do you choose to hold yourself back and stay in discussion?

How many actual people, not bots or friends of bots actually use this forum?
Explain 'socially promoted'?

Holding back and remaining active in discussion appear to be opposites.

I have no awareness of Azb site details and am unclear why you might think I'd be an appropriate responder.

Perhaps your supersecret j-dumb fantasy clearance provides you with some non-public info? I dunno but I'd sure love to hear you talk about something. The last sentence is a lie.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Explain 'socially promoted'?

Holding back and remaining active in discussion appear to be opposites.

I have no awareness of Azb site details and am unclear why you might think I'd be an appropriate responder.

Perhaps your supersecret j-dumb fantasy clearance provides you with some non-public info? I dunno but I'd sure love to hear you talk about something. The last sentence is a lie.

Pay me for the entertainment. There is enough to keep a department busy for two years.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yapp didn't have much choice since there already seems to be a blanket ban against all players from Singapore.

Zielinski is a little bit of a surprise since he got most of his prize money from what I think were WPA events last year (70% maybe).

I hope this war stops soon.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Seeing new names added to the bandwagon, I'd suggest we have a post to edit as more players are added, hopefully pinned at page 1. But I'm sure Matchroom are going to show off with such a list sooner rather than later, as the season starts. So no need to bother :)

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Somebody, anybody tell me why pool has no clock/watch sponsors?🤔
We have shot clocks and full wrist exposure on the table⌚
Imma go start a proper thread, but since you all are here, think on it

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far as I know, Matchroom is still the promoter for the WPA World Championship. I wonder what's going to happen with that.
I remember Barry Hearn saying the World Championship is a separate contract.

How long that contract lasts for is anyone's guess.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
So far as I know, Matchroom is still the promoter for the WPA World Championship. I wonder what's going to happen with that.
I'm firmly entrenched in the belief that MR will be the defacto standard for professional 9 ball. If they aren't already considered that.

Assuming the above.... My guess is that the WPA World Championships will still be a thing, and they'll still pitch it to the masses as the "true" WC. However it will be perceived as the "minor leagues" compared to MR's standalone (WPA unsanctioned) WC that will be contested by the best players on the planet.