JB case just ordered

Banks

Banned
John,

There will always be posters who will attempt to hijack this forum. I'd prefer to allow every post then allow other posters to "regulate" the forum. Of course that's in a perfect world. As we do not live in one, we have moderators to do the job. Censorship is the easy way out. Remember, the OP stated he ha just made a purchase of a pool related item. Seems OK to me.

Lyn

Hey, Lyn.

I'm just giving Joey a hard time.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Sure he is encouraged to post freely here about purchases. I just didn't think the thread would have been nitpicked had he not mentioned "case maker politics". I suppose it is a good bet he was previously a forum guest and knew something about it. Words like that tends to push those on the edge over it. Or just mention a JB case

Anyway in no way was I trying to jump him about it. Just a gentle nudge.

Cases in my mix: All imported vinyl cheapies. No JB as of yet. Is Acme a cheapo ? I just got one of those at a benefit.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
seriously are 95% of pool players just miserable, negative scumbags? there is not a thread on this forum were a poster doesn't put down the OP and people wonder why the game gets such a bad rap. I'm glad I play in an area where people actually enjoy the game and have good attitudes about the game

Are you located in heaven?

Sorry, I see that you are a relatively new poster as well.

I think some posters just like to strut their POWER & AUTHORITY on the Main Forum. This place isn't always miserable and even some of the guys whining about a case that is being discussed sometimes make good posts, so just bear with it for a little while longer. It gets better or maybe you just get used to it. :D:D:D
JoeyA

JoeyA

Silver Member
I agree, but some people would just spam the main forum like it was their own private infomercial channel. Know what i mean?

So what if some people did use the forum as their own private infomercial channel? Maybe they have tacit approval from the management..............

I'd rather decide for myself if I want to read about some poster's new whachacallit than have to read through a thread with a bunch of whiners crying over protocol not being followed; trying to act like they're school monitors in the hallway.

If I didn't want to read the posts about someone's equipment, accessories, cues etc., I wouldn't read them NOR would I post in them.

JoeyA

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
So what if some people did use the forum as their own private infomercial channel? Maybe they have tacit approval from the management..............

I'd rather decide for myself if I want to read about some poster's new whachacallit than have to read through a thread with a bunch of whiners crying over protocol not being followed; trying to act like they're school monitors in the hallway.

If I didn't want to read the posts about someone's equipment, accessories, cues etc., I wouldn't read them NOR would I post in them.

JoeyA

Joey,

I don't mind it either. One caveat only. If you offer something for sale on the main forum, at least be a Gold Member to help support Mike and Jerry.

Lyn

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is cracking me up about this thread, is that it is titled "JB Case Just Ordered" and the poor guy just talks about ORDERING HIS JB CASE. What did you guys think it was going to be about? If this is so upsetting why did you click on the thread?

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is cracking me up about this thread, is that it is titled "JB Case Just Ordered" and the poor guy just talks about ORDERING HIS JB CASE. What did you guys think it was going to be about? If this is so upsetting why did you click on the thread?
Because they are clearly the guardians of the galaxy.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Banks

Banned

JoeyA

So much approval that you got your own subforum waaaay down at the bottom. How's that working out for ya, Saint Joey?

At least you pay for membership.. oh, wait, you don't. My bad.

Sincerely,
Your biggest fan

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My biggest question for the folks preaching 'freedom of speech' stuff........ Are people not allowed to exercise their 'freedom' by complaining? Or is the double standard too much to comprehend?

Im certain this will create a tear in the space time continuum, but its one of those things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm. :thumbup:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What Would Disney Do?

I think the OP was simply excited and I'm fine with that. With that said...

Some here have (jokingly?) floated that we all announce our pool-related product orders. Well, you are even more astute marketers than you realize, because that is exactly what Disney World fans do. And look how popular that place is!

The AZBilliards of Disney is DisBoards.com. They have a sub-forum fully devoted to people celebrating the fact they just booked their next Disney trip. It's called the, ahhhm, "Doing the Happy Dance" sub-forum.

http://www.disboards.com/forums/doing-the-happy-dance.108/

Soon after that sub-forum was created, Disney World popularity skyrocketed and everyone involved became fabiously rich. 'Nuff said.

-Jeff

Last edited:

Veteran68

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm probably going to alienate myself here with this, but what the hell, I'm wearing my flame-retardant under-roos today...

I've had an account here for 3 years, and had another account years before that but forgot it, so created a new one. I *was* very active on the old CCB. While I've been virtually silent here until very recently, I've been an active member of, and an admin or moderator of, a LOT of forums over the last couple of decades, everything from billiards to marketing to gaming to IT to poker. It's not at ALL uncommon for people to post "I just did X" or "I just bought Y." It happens like nearly every day on a busy forum. I don't understand the need to criticize the OP here -- as some others have said, if it doesn't interest you, don't read it. To be snarky to the OP here is a sure-fire way to turn off new members, and at many of the forums I ran or belonged to, was behavior worthy of a stern warning and a ban for continued offense.I thought young gamer geeks were bad with their elitist attitudes, but frankly I'm seeing some presumably much older folks here giving them a run for their money.

And another thing that simultaneously amuses and frustrates me. There is no such thing as "freedom of speech" in a private setting, such as a privately owned forum, a club, a private sector employer, etc. That people often bring it up in situations like this always boggles my mind. The Constitution and Bill of Rights doesn't apply to AzBilliards or any other privately-owned venue. Common courtesy should, however.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
I am the OP! 1700 views and 53 responses! I had no idea I would be so popular! Thanks to all who stuck up for me without even knowing me, seems to be many more than who reprimanded me, but it's all good. I've been around the block a few times but sometimes this whole social media/internet thing escapes me. I am a handshake and a face to face guy for the most part. I posted a "pool" related comment on a "pool" forum about a "pool" product I purchased. I was excited! Mostly I wanted to tell of the excellent service I had just received on a Saturday morning and got a person (Karen) to go to the "shop" and check the inventory and then ship a case literally 10 minutes later, since I needed it asap, I appreciated the customer service! But I thought I should give a little background first.
Again, I appreciate ALL the comments. I JUST spent spent 8 hours today playing 8 ball, 9 ball and 14.1 with my son and son in law. And I am taking 4 young men to a Scotch doubles 8 ball tourney on Saturday that is 2 1/2 hours drive away (to help promote the game).......and yes, it will cost me some, i will buy the gas, food, beer and all else but... Life is good. Thanks all.
Sixwillwin

Last edited:

jGrz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you located in heaven?

Sorry, I see that you are a relatively new poster as well.

I think some posters just like to strut their POWER & AUTHORITY on the Main Forum. This place isn't always miserable and even some of the guys whining about a case that is being discussed sometimes make good posts, so just bear with it for a little while longer. It gets better or maybe you just get used to it. :D:D:D
JoeyA

Hey thanks JoeyA, I think it was a long day and was just tired and a little on edge(not time to post on public forums lol) but yes i play in New England, and it has actually been great so far, i play with some well known posters on here that i know many people respect. But yes I am learning this forum isnt all negative and taking the good with the bad...

cheers

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member

JoeyA

Are you one of those kids in school with multiple highlighters of various colors? I found those kids spend more time marking their books with many pretty colors rather than trying to understand the content.:D

JoeyA

Silver Member
Sixwillwin,

The whiney-babies are always the loudest. Don't sweat them.

Thanks for supporting pool.:thumbup:

JoeyA

I am the OP! 1700 views and 53 responses! I had no idea I would be so popular! Thanks to all who stuck up for me without even knowing me, seems to be many more than who reprimanded me, but it's all good. I've been around the block a few times but sometimes this whole social media/internet thing escapes me. I am a handshake and a face to face guy for the most part. I posted a "pool" related comment on a "pool" forum about a "pool" product I purchased. I was excited! Mostly I wanted to tell of the excellent service I had just received on a Saturday morning and got a person (Karen) to go to the "shop" and check the inventory and then ship a case literally 10 minutes later, since I needed it asap, I appreciated the customer service! But I thought I should give a little background first.
Again, I appreciate ALL the comments. I JUST spent spent 8 hours today playing 8 ball, 9 ball and 14.1 with my son and son in law. And I am taking 4 guys to a Scotch doubles 8 ball tourney on Saturday that is 2 1/2 hours drive away (to help promote the game).......and yes, it will cost me some, i will buy the gas, food, beer and all else but... Life is good. Thanks all.
Sixwillwin

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here'd the conversation as I see it...

jb.. Hey I'll give you $50 off if you get on az and pretend like you have no idea about my ignorance and rudeness on the forum and give me a glowing review!

buyer..okie dokie

sounds about right lol

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Here'd the conversation as I see it...

jb.. Hey I'll give you $50 off if you get on az and pretend like you have no idea about my ignorance and rudeness on the forum and give me a glowing review!

buyer..okie dokie

sounds about right lol

How much did a competitive case maker pay you to post this sheit :rolleyes: ? Just wondering :confused:.

Trob, it's just plain wrong. Your post is exactly what I find wrong with AZ these days. Even a new member who shows some excitement for our game can't express it with out a negative comment. Just plain sad.

Lyn

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
This morning I had breakfast, went to the mall and bought two suits for work and hope to go hit some balls later.

Nick, my sleep pattern is all FKed up lately. I haven't been to sleep yet. I just had
Potato Skins with Salsa and Sour Cream for breakfast.

Gonna go to the shop and tie a few Flies before my head hits the pillow.

Before I do that, I might order 10 JB Rugged Cases to hold all the new Szams and Searings that I am expecting within the next week or so.

Likely go to Wal Mart later and buy a couple pair of Wrangler Jeans. Maybe have Cabbage Rolls for supper.

I could get a cheap afternoon West Jet to Van if'n yer bored and want to play a few. Pick me up at the Port and we're on for the day.

Last edited: