Jeff Bell Custom cue pin size

ine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all

I need a little help. I have a customer that has bought a Jeff Bell custom cue on ebay and he wants a new shaft. It seems to me that this is a 3/8-11 pin, it is definitely not a 3/8-10. I can only find the 3/8-11 in brass but this is not brass.

Anyone know if Jeff Bell cues are known to have the 3/8-11?

Thanks

Ine:)

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Possibly a 3/8-10 flat thread so many cuemakers are using.
Even OB cues is using that pin.
I would reach out to Mike Webb in the cuemaker section, he can explain it from a technical standpoint.
Mike even has 3 different arbors just for 3/8-12, so he has worked with everything.

Some of the 3/8-10 stuff is interchangeable and some isn't.
I'm confused because I know people have had an issue with the OB 3/8-10 flat thread, because their cues are on thing, then they sell shafts for the old style 3/8-10.
I thought OB called their pin "modified 3/8-10 flat thread" but the modified 3/8-10 flat thread pins we have been using are interchangeable with everything.

ine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Possibly a 3/8-10 flat thread so many cuemakers are using.
Even OB cues is using that pin.
I would reach out to Mike Webb in the cuemaker section, he can explain it from a technical standpoint.
Mike even has 3 different arbors just for 3/8-12, so he has worked with everything.

Some of the 3/8-10 stuff is interchangeable and some isn't.
I'm confused because I know people have had an issue with the OB 3/8-10 flat thread, because their cues are on thing, then they sell shafts for the old style 3/8-10.
I thought OB called their pin "modified 3/8-10 flat thread" but the modified 3/8-10 flat thread pins we have been using are interchangeable with everything.

Thanks. I did compare it with, and tried my OB shaft from my personal OB cue so it is not the same. I can see the thread is a tiny bit tighter so my guess is 3/8-11. It may even be a 3/8-12. I will measure it and ask in the Cuemaker section if no one knows for sure:)

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all

I need a little help. I have a customer that has bought a Jeff Bell custom cue on ebay and he wants a new shaft. It seems to me that this is a 3/8-11 pin, it is definitely not a 3/8-10. I can only find the 3/8-11 in brass but this is not brass.

Anyone know if Jeff Bell cues are known to have the 3/8-11?

Thanks

Ine:)

3/8x11 comes in different materials besides brass. Send a pm to Az'er Jlroe. In his past post, he says he's a friend of Mr. Bells.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Az history I found this.
Jeff Bell
Noblesville Indiana
317-753-2558
It was posted years ago. The only pictures I saw, had a radial pin joint screw.

ine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will see if I can make a picture of it next to my OB 3/8-10, that may help..

I did try to find Jlroe, bit it seems he no longer has that username.

Last edited:

ine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff Bell.jpg

Hi all

Sorry this took so long. The posted picture shows the Jeff Bell on the top and my OB cue with a 3/8-10 on the bottom. I have measured and counted and it seems it can be a 3/8-12?

Any help is appreciated:)

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 515108

Hi all

Sorry this took so long. The posted picture shows the Jeff Bell on the top and my OB cue with a 3/8-10 on the bottom. I have measured and counted and it seems it can be a 3/8-12?

Any help is appreciated:)

3/8x12 is very common in some cues. The biggest problem you have is, your in Norway. I suggest finding a machine shop and asked them to measure what you actually have. This is the 3/8x12 next to the modified 3/8x10.

IMG_20190314_082811.jpg