Jen.B and Emily.D what are you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
In all fairness, Emily isn't not an amazing player but she's no apa6. I would say she plays bout even with you. She's a B+ in leagues and tournaments and does well. (From what I've seen you're about at the B+, correct me if I'm wrong) Just giving credit where it's due, she's improving.

Maybe you didn't know this but the level of pro between men and women is very different. A top 10 female pro isn't gonna cut it with the top 100 men in the long run. Same could be said for golf and tennis... I would hope you know this.

Emily is not an open player but I can say she's knocking on the door of A speed. I wasn't knocking Eric's game, I've only seen in 2-3 times, but I cannot see him giving Emily or Borana the 8ball and walking away winner. And I cannot see Jenn giving him the 8ball and him walking away winner. Nothing against him, just saying the girls don't just slam em into the rails.

Andrew,

I'm not sure why you are on tilt about my comments. I think I was pretty close with my opinion and unbiased. I don't really have a horse in this race.

While it's true that I am a middle of the pack amateur player, I don't think I've ever said other. Not really sure why my ability is being called on, here.

One point I wanna make, Andrew...I don't think you've ever seen me play. If you have, it may only be a few games during the first Ginky Memorial, if that, so I'm not sure how you are clocking my speed.

That said, if you feel that you really wanna put your quote to the test, I would be willing to try Emily giving her the 9 ball, playing 10 ball (with you backing her). I mean, if we "play close to even", I should be loser at this game.... Of course, I would need a couple weeks to practice cuz the times I play tourneys can be counted by the seasons of the year.

Eric >:confused:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I've thought many times about trying them both. When did the career change happen from push-up master to pimp? Lol.

I was curious to see if you two were close. If Eric's statement about how Emily plays is correct, then you should be the one winning.

I hurt my shoulder and need surgery so pushup master is on hold but don't make the mistake, I've been pimpin' since been pimpin's been pimpin'.

That's what I'm saying, I think he's incorrect. I play Borana even on the regular. I don't win.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That said, if you feel that you really wanna put your quote to the test, I would be willing to try Emily giving her the 9 ball, playing 10 ball (with you backing her). I mean, if we "play close to even", I should be loser at this game.... Of course, I would need a couple weeks to practice cuz the times I play tourneys can be counted by the seasons of the year.

I think you were at SBE this past year. They (Cleary/Emily) are pretty close to SBE this year (i think) Seems like it could work.

I sent Cleary a PM saying I'd donate to Emily also.

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So Earl, Tony and quite a few other good players play in the same league and you are worried about Jen and Emily?

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you didn't know this but the level of pro between men and women is very different. A top 10 female pro isn't gonna cut it with the top 100 men in the long run. Same could be said for golf and tennis... I would hope you know this.

Emily is not an open player but I can say she's knocking on the door of A speed. I wasn't knocking Eric's game, I've only seen in 2-3 times, but I cannot see him giving Emily or Borana the 8ball and walking away winner. And I cannot see Jenn giving him the 8ball and him walking away winner. Nothing against him, just saying the girls don't just slam em into the rails.

I'm well aware of the gap between a female pro's speed and that of a male's pro speed (save a few select women).

But what I am saying is that a female B player may well be a PRO because she plays on a 'pro' tour. But... that doesn't make her a pro CALIBER player. Jenn B. is strong, pro-level female player. From what I've seen and heard, Emily is a strong player, but not a pro-level female player.

But Emily up against the likes of Kelly Fisher, Ga Young Kim, Xiaoting Pan, Yu Ram Cha, Karen Corr, Alison Fisher, Jasmien Ouschan, Monica Webb, Helena Thornfeldt, Jeanette Lee, Gerta Hofstatter.... etc., etc.. Do you think she plays at their level?

I'm not comparing her to men. I'm comparing her to a number of strong females out there. I don't think that's unreasonable. Now again, my exposure to her game isn't what yours is, I'm sure. I just think that within the last two years, you hear a LOT about female "pro" players who seem to sell themselves more on the fact that they're female and less on their actual skill level.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But Emily up against the likes of Kelly Fisher, Ga Young Kim, Xiaoting Pan, Yu Ram Cha, Karen Corr, Alison Fisher, Jasmien Ouschan, Monica Webb, Helena Thornfeldt, Jeanette Lee, Gerta Hofstatter.... etc., etc.. Do you think she plays at their level?

l.

Hand picking the top of the women's players isn't really a fair judge on her ability. Baretta is a dog against all of those players too..... Without knowing you, I would assume you are also (me too)

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Andrew,

I'm not sure why you are on tilt about my comments. I think I was pretty close with my opinion and unbiased. I don't really have a horse in this race.

While it's true that I am a middle of the pack amateur player, I don't think I've ever said other. Not really sure why my ability is being called on, here.

One point I wanna make, Andrew...I don't think you've ever seen me play. If you have, it may only be a few games during the first Ginky Memorial, if that, so I'm not sure how you are clocking my speed.

Eric, I've said in this thread that I wasn't knocking you. But yes, I have seen you play a few times. Ginky Memorial, qmasters in VA and at valley forge during your TAP thing...

I'm not sure what makes you think I'm "on tilt". I was using your speed as a fairly good AM player to give you, or anyone else, a point of reference.

I will ask her if she would like to play. I don't believe she plays 10ball, so I think the 8 playing 9ball is more like it. On a non-bucket, I would throw 200-500 at it. I'm not a backer, but sometimes I step out of line. I'll ask if she is interested, I'm not her manager. I'm closer with Borana so if you want to give her the same, I can arrange it.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Eric, I've said in this thread that I wasn't knocking you. But yes, I have seen you play a few times. Ginky Memorial, qmasters in VA and at valley forge during your TAP thing...

I'm not sure what makes you think I'm "on tilt". I was using your speed as a fairly good AM player to give you, or anyone else, a point of reference.

I will ask her if she would like to play. I don't believe she plays 10ball, so I think the 8 playing 9ball is more like it. On a non-bucket, I would throw 200-500 at it. I'm not a backer, but sometimes I step out of line. I'll ask if she is interested, I'm not her manager. I'm closer with Borana so if you want to give her the same, I can arrange it.

See? that is exactly what I was saying; how did this become about me and my ability?

I guess it doesn't matter. OK, if you want to push this, I'll play. Being that Emily and I "play even", I think the called 9, playing 10 ball is more than fair. I'm not a fan of the wing ball flying in on weak breaks, is why I'm not a 9 ball fan.

Anywho, a non bucket table is fine, except I won't play at ABC, with their wonky table rails. I can bet low or high, makes no difference.

Eric

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hand picking the top of the women's players isn't really a fair judge on her ability. Baretta is a dog against all of those players too..... Without knowing you, I would assume you are also (me too)

Maybe handpicking the top women isn't fair. But my point is, she isn't necessarily the underdog in those matches. She's just plain out of her league. I could probably pick 10 or so others further down the rankings that play stronger than she does. That's kinda my point though. Playing on a pro tour doesn't make you a pro level player. Remember the UPA? All you had to do was give Charlie your money and you were "Pro". Meanwhile,
a few of those UPA pros played regional tournaments in the NY are and were C+ players who frankly, were probably OVER rated at a C+.

As far as your assumption of MY game goes, you would assume correctly. I played Karen Corr once. She scratched on the 6. I didn't get out. :eek: But this was a looooong time ago. I'm sure I've gotten worse since then.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
See? that is exactly what I was saying; how did this become about me and my ability?

I guess it doesn't matter. OK, if you want to push this, I'll play. Being that Emily and I "play even", I think the called 9, playing 10 ball is more than fair. I'm not a fan of the wing ball flying in on weak breaks, is why I'm not a 9 ball fan.

Anywho, a non bucket table is fine, except I won't play at ABC, with their wonky table rails. I can bet low or high, makes no difference.

Eric

I said you play "about even" but I guess I shouldn't have expected you to like that comment... Thought you were more 'grown up'. Oh well.

I will ask if she wants to play and be in touch.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I said you play "about even" but I guess I shouldn't have expected you to like that comment... Thought you were more 'grown up'. Oh well.

I will ask if she wants to play and be in touch.

It's not about "not liking the comment". If I went on a tirade, that would be one thing, but thats not the case. Let's get back to reality, I disagreed with the opinion, just liek you disagreed with mine. Whats the problem?

Eric

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
It's not about "not liking the comment". If I went on a tirade, that would be one thing, but thats not the case. Let's get back to reality, I disagreed with the opinion, just liek you disagreed with mine. Whats the problem?

Eric

LOL no problem... I'm waiting for her to text back. Is Borana not able to get the same game?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
LOL no problem... I'm waiting for her to text back. Is Borana not able to get the same game?

Look, man. Like I said in the beginning, I'm not sure why I am the target here. How did this morph into Me vs NYC aspiring pro poolplayers (with Cleary stirring the pot).

Anywho, before this turns into utter stupidity, lets just play the original match up you wanted and move on. It's really not THAT important.

Eric >really

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mika, Earl and Tony Robles also play in the same league and were there last night.

By the way, if you don't think Jenn isn't good enough to be a female pro, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Odds are, she beats you.

Cleary to the rescue..NYC doesn't take any bullshit...To be honest pros playing in leagues is a great way to interact with the lower level players and gain fans and interest..And also maybe these players just like to have fun and play pool sometimes instead of being so serious.This is what league is about correct?

Last edited:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Look, man. Like I said in the beginning, I'm not sure why I am the target here. How did this morph into Me vs NYC aspiring pro poolplayers (with Cleary stirring the pot).

Anywho, before this turns into utter stupidity, lets just play the original match up you wanted and move on. It's really not THAT important.

Eric >really

Man, you're really getting bent out of shape. I never made you a target, I simply compared her game to yours by saying you're "bout even".

And there was no "original match" I wanted.. it seems it's the match you wanted.

I said:
"I cannot see him giving Emily or Borana the 8ball and walking away winner. And I cannot see Jenn giving him the 8ball and him walking away winner."

You took that the way you did. OH well, I've texted her and waiting for a reply.

Andrew>really

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
If you go back and read, it appears that you were the one taht steered this thread into "oh yeah, well who wants to play them"?

Eric >really

Man, you're really getting bent out of shape. I never made you a target, I simply compared her game to yours by saying you're "bout even".

And there was no "original match" I wanted.. it seems it's the match you wanted.

I said:
"I cannot see him giving Emily or Borana the 8ball and walking away winner. And I cannot see Jenn giving him the 8ball and him walking away winner."

You took that the way you did. OH well, I've texted her and waiting for a reply.

Andrew>really

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
If you go back and read, it appears that you were the one taht steered this thread into "oh yeah, well who wants to play them"?

Eric >really

And then he said this. Then she said that. And he said this! But no, she said this!!!! NO NO NO, he said this and I was like, wwhahaaaaa..... then she said what? I mean, like... but yea.

Andrew>really

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
And then he said this. Then she said that. And he said this! But no, she said this!!!! NO NO NO, he said this and I was like, wwhahaaaaa..... then she said what? I mean, like... but yea.

Andrew>really

And I'm the one that need to grow up?

L.O.L., Cleary.

Eric >really

Status
Not open for further replies.