Johnny Archer needs help

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like the area he was received 7 to 8 inches according to a map found online. 10 inch snowfall was about 30 miles to the NW.

From Johnny Archer himself on FB --> This guy's name is Rodney Hester and he was going to bed at 3am and a friend of his said that he seen on Facebook that I was stuck and was near him. He got out of bed and was out here at 3:45 looking for us. He just found us and pulled us out of our rut and now we are about 2 miles from 65-north. That is 5 and 1/2 hours roaming these back roads looking for us. I know we would still be there if it wasn't for Mr. Hester. The police around the area had no idea when we might have been rescued. Mr. Hester messed up his 4 wheel drive getting us. I know God sent Mr. Hester to save us and I will be forever indebted to him. I know if the world had more people in it like Mr. Hester then it would be a much better place. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and help for making this happen. God is great!! God bless you!! Bill Dunne.

Very happy to hear that Johnny got rescued. That really had me worried. He was always my favorite pool player, and would be really sad if anything bad happened to him.

LOL - Southerners up North. I lived in a lot of places growing up. Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Alaska and many more. We moved to Texas when I was in the 5th grade. One day in winter my brother and I walked to school and when we got to school there was nobody there so we walked home. My Mother called and found out they cancelled school because of the snow. It snowed maybe 1/2 inch, we didn't even notice it but it forced this Texas town to cancel school.

I wonder why Johnny was traveling through back roads. Maybe they thought it would save time, because maybe they were in a hurry to get to their destination.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I will never forget being a young man stuck in the blizzard of '78 in Boston. A trucker risked a lot to save me and drove me home. I think back and just know there is a guardian angel out there watching over. Being from California, I had no clue what to even do. Safe to say Triumph sport cars are not the best mode of transport in a blizzard!

Last edited:

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will never forget being a young man stuck in the blizzard of '78 in Boston. A trucker risked a lot to save me and drove me home. I think back and just know there is a guardian angel out there watching over. Being from California, I had no clue what to even do. Safe to say Triumph sport cars are not the best mode of transport in a blizzard!

Drove a Triumph Spitfire in Philadelphia for 3 winters. I was young, optimistic, and must have been crazy.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder why Johnny was traveling through back roads. Maybe they thought it would save time, because maybe they were in a hurry to get to their destination.

Could be and as I said a Southerner traveling up North in winter. People who live in snow country carry a shovel in their trunk and know how to deal with snow.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Crammed me, my friend and our 2 dates in a '71 Spitfire Mark IV on New Year's Eve in 1980, over a foot of snow in NY. I had one girl's legs across mine and she had to press the clutch for every shift. Snow and RWD meant nothing to us back then.

Last edited:
Could be and as I said a Southerner traveling up North in winter. People who live in snow country carry a shovel in their trunk and know how to deal with snow.

I would not consider Louisville KY the south, and even here, people freak out over just a little bit of snow. You should see the grocery stores a day before a very small snow storm is coming. They are packed full of people. People do not like traveling out in the snow here.

Last edited:

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rodney plays out of the poolhall here and owns a cab company, I can only imagine where Johnny was at to take that long to find him. Otterbein isn't even on I65, we only had 5 inches of snow here so I don't get why the Interstate was so bad.

Rodney IS the man!

Finished him off with $220. Good luck with the truck.

Thanks Matt. That's what I call heart!

It is crazy that such a small amount of snow fall can get a persons car stuck, but it is understandable.

Iv'e worked rotating shifts for the utilities for 24 years. I have never been late to work or missed work because of snow. I've lived in Idaho, Washington, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan and Atlanta.

When the first snow fall was predicted for Chattanooga at my new work location, my boss was strongly suggesting that us shift workers use the free hotel rooms that they were reserving for us downtown, free. I laughed at that and headed home at 5:30, an hour into the "Great Snow Storm". I quickly found out that the problem wasn't mother nature, it was people. Those people were abandoning cars in the fast lane of the highway. I drove on the shoulder, median and any where that was open on the road on every up hill climb. As soon as I got home, I made my wife pack bags for us both and we headed back down town for the hotel.

Jon Stewart said it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZS5OO-fkBY

Edited to add;

WEEKEND UPDATE: BUFORD CALLOWAY ON THE ATLANTA SNOW STORM

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-buford-calloway/n45830

Last edited:

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drove a Triumph Spitfire in Philadelphia for 3 winters. I was young, optimistic, and must have been crazy.

I had a TR7 convertible when I was stationed in Oklahoma. I couldn't drive it when the wind blew too hard, I can only imagine it in a wind storm! :D