Johnny Holiday

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, Meemer.

I’m sincerely sorry for your loss. Your father sounds like a great fellow and his billiard collection is amazing.

I’m the pool ball enthusiast mentioned above. I’ll gladly offer whatever information I can if you could post up a few more images, please.

Take care.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful memories in these photos. I am so sorry about your dad's passing.

I am not sure where you live, but I would suggest contacting someone seasoned and knowledgeable from a nearby pool room to provide advice. I am sure they would be more than happy to help you not only provide costing info but may be able to steer you to prospective offers.

Meemer

One of y'all help out here. What is the name of the member who always posts about collecting pool balls? I would suggest that Meemer contact him via the "Conversation" feature. I cannot vouch for him, but my impression from here is that he is straight up. I feel he will help by valuing, buying, or directing.

I am sorry for your loss.

Nevermind . . . I found some initiative and scrolled and searched and found the name -- he is "Rubik's Cube". I went ahead and alerted him. I am sure he will show up shortly.

Meemer, take some close-up photos of the pool balls. I am certain you will need them shortly,
Thankyou I will do that

Meemer

Hello, Meemer.

I’m sincerely sorry for your loss. Your father sounds like a great fellow and his billiard collection is amazing.

I’m the pool ball enthusiast mentioned above. I’ll gladly offer whatever information I can if you could post up a few more images, please.

Take care.
I certainly will ☺️☺️ most likely post them around lunch time.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry about your loss. Mostly really good folks on here. You’ll get a lot of help. Stay strong. Peace
Robert

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful memories in these photos. I am so sorry about your dad's passing.

I am not sure where you live, but I would suggest contacting someone seasoned and knowledgeable from a nearby pool room to provide advice. I am sure they would be more than happy to help you not only provide costing info but may be able to steer you to prospective offers.
Jen, I believe she is in the Wisconsin area.

Does Jerry Briesath still live near Madison?

Willymakaball

Of all my pool/billiard books, the 3 I have from Johnny Hoilday are my most cherished,years ago I could not find them and wrote to him in Florida, he sent the 3 volume set, all autographed,with some inspirational message, Thank you Johnny Hoilday, his 3 ball triangluar system boosted my game, i still use it . I had no idea he had passed, RIP, Johnny Holiday

Last edited:

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys. So, I have some pretty cool stuff that I would like to share and learn about. When I was just a little girl( I’m now 40😞😂) I remember going to my dad’s for the summer and staying with him in De Pere Green Bay. He was in love with pool. We didn’t even have a kitchen table. We had a pool table in the kitchen. He taught me ball in hand. I actually subbed for a friend one night and had to shoot bar rules and I had no idea how to do it. Let’s just say my friend never asked me to sub for him again. My dad just passed away January 1 of this year from an aggressive cancer that took him faster than anyone thought possible. He was only 60 years old. Whole new kind of heartbreak for me. I miss you so much every single day.
:cry:

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Hey guys. So, I have some pretty cool stuff that I would like to share and learn about. When I was just a little girl( I’m now 40😞😂) I remember going to my dad’s for the summer and staying with him in De Pere Green Bay. He was in love with pool. We didn’t even have a kitchen table. We had a pool table in the kitchen. He taught me ball in hand. I actually subbed for a friend one night and had to shoot bar rules and I had no idea how to do it. Let’s just say my friend never asked me to sub for him again. My dad just passed away January 1 of this year from an aggressive cancer that took him faster than anyone thought possible. He was only 60 years old. Whole new kind of heartbreak for me. I miss you so much every single day. Inheriting his home also included inheriting his spectacular billiard collection. I’ve had to sell a few things just to keep paying his bills while I go through the whole probate process but man have I found some really cool things, and I’m hoping that you guys can shed some light on some of them. Im not sure where I would ask questions on this yet. I still have to learn the forum, but for now I’ll just start here and I just wanted to share a picture of his pool room and of him and my first thing that I’ve been intrigued by as all! let me know what you guys think please please please and thankyou❤️❤️

Ps. When you look through the pictures you will see a pic of Johnny holidays encyclopedia of pocket billiards and then you’ll see a picture of its inside cover and it shows a bunch of signatures and writing on it. I also wanted to add it’s a first addition and I can’t find much information about it anywhere, except it’s rare and really good and sought after. Anyone know anything about it?
Hi meemer. Sucks about your dad. Nothing will help for awhile. Just gotta hang girl. Stay out of your head and keep busy if you can find the strength to do so.
Ask about who in here the members trust bcuz there's been a lot of crap goin on recently. Don't be afraid to out somebody and ask the members what they think about so and so.
You're new and all will be forgiven. Lol.
I see a lot of collectibles there. Piece it out if you have time rather than liquidating it for quick coin unless you need it. Since you got the castle, I take it you can be patient.
There are several seriously knowledgeable people on here w hearts of gold that would NEVER steer you wrong. Just ask. For books, member Thestamos is the go to guy for me. Huge collection of the written word of all things pool related.
He'll tell ya what you need to know and you can trust what he says!!👍🏼
Hang in there girlfriend. I'm rooting for you!!

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Mensabum is correct about trust. Sadly, many of us have not had sufficient exposure to our fellow members to be able to comment on their character. BUT, AZ does have a core cadre of folks who have been on here a long time, or are from big cities, or have attended numerous functions so as to have developed real knowledge of character. A lot of the idiots have been purged, but not all.

Do not be afraid to ask -- several times, if you feel it is needed. Use the "Conversation" feature (envelope next to your screen name up top) when confidentiality is required.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Mensabum is correct about trust. Sadly, many of us have not had sufficient exposure to our fellow members to be able to comment on their character. BUT, AZ does have a core cadre of folks who have been on here a long time, or are from big cities, or have attended numerous functions so as to have developed real knowledge of character. A lot of the idiots have been purged, but not all.

Do not be afraid to ask -- several times, if you feel it is needed. Use the "Conversation" feature (envelope next to your screen name up top) when confidentiality is required.

Thanks for the confirmation M I crooked letter crooked letter I, crooked letter crooked letter I, PP I!!!😎😁 👍🏼

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another contact for you if you are near the Appleton area, would be to ask for Mason Koch, at Mad Apple burger and Billiards. It's a large and active billiards place with a restaurant also. He is a great person with vast knowledge of all things billiards.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Y
Hi meemer. Sucks about your dad. Nothing will help for awhile. Just gotta hang girl. Stay out of your head and keep busy if you can find the strength to do so.
Ask about who in here the members trust bcuz there's been a lot of crap goin on recently. Don't be afraid to out somebody and ask the members what they think about so and so.
I see a lot of collectibles there. Piece it out if you have time rather than liquidating it for quick coin unless you need it. Since you got the castle, I take it you can be patient.
There are several seriously knowledgeable people on here w hearts of gold that would NEVER steer you wrong. Just ask. For books, member Thestamos is the go to guy for me. Huge collection of the written word of all things pool related.
Yo, meemer,
This is kind of out of your area, but Cue & Cushion is THE hall in St. Louis for all things Billiards. Since the early 60s they've been the trusted source for players and homeowners in the 'know' for anything pool related.
Their # is: (314) 427 - 9267. Ask for Chris, Craig, or Cary.
3 brothers carrying on the family tradition. Good guys all.

Meemer

Awe thankyou so much

Meemer

Y

Yo, meemer,
This is kind of out of your area, but Cue & Cushion is THE hall in St. Louis for all things Billiards. Since the early 60s they've been the trusted source for players and homeowners in the 'know' for anything pool related.
Their # is: (314) 427 - 9267. Ask for Chris, Craig, or Cary.
3 brothers carrying on the family tradition. Good guys all.
Ty ❤️

Meemer

Another contact for you if you are near the Appleton area, would be to ask for Mason Koch, at Mad Apple burger and Billiards. It's a large and active billiards place with a restaurant also. He is a great person with vast knowledge of all things billiards.
Ty I may just do that