Joss- 1968-1979- Post your Pictures Please!!!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Attachments

• IMG_20160209_181136_01.jpg
    IMG_20160209_181136_01.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 646

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably the original buyers last name. I've found that before , names & shafts etc.

I would guess the same.

The suspense is killing me by the way.

Shame the wrap had to come off. Tell me it wasn't Cortland! :eek:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I would guess the same.

The suspense is killing me by the way.

Shame the wrap had to come off. Tell me it wasn't Cortland! :eek:

It was. Unusable. I had more that could be installed but going with a slightly thicker wrap.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Probably the original buyers last name. I've found that before , names & # of shafts etc.

I didn't know if that was a known player or something. This particular cue is probably 1970, maybe 1969. It has the 18 pin, which I understand was extremely limited in use.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was. Unusable. I had more that could be installed but going with a slightly thicker wrap.

Shame.

But at least the cue survives.

Wraps are supposed to wear out as I see it, but the Cortland is so cool when original.

An 18 pin?

Yes...more rare.

I have seen early 10 pins too. Even more rare.

Timmons.......seems to me that was my uncle's name....and there was a will....with a cue left to me.....I'll talk to the probate court and get back to you. :grin-square:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Shame.

But at least the cue survives.

Wraps are supposed to wear out as I see it, but the Cortland is so cool when original.

An 18 pin?

Yes...more rare.

I have seen early 10 pins too. Even more rare.

Timmons.......seems to me that was my uncle's name....and there was a will....with a cue left to me.....I'll talk to the probate court and get back to you. :grin-square:

Good thing I didn't post the whole cue, I better just sand the name off to be sure. :p

Where's JAM? She knows everyone. Someone ask her about Timmons for me.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be especially cool if you could find out who that is and get some provenance on the cue.

We need a Forensic Cueologist.

More provenance = more value of course. But beyond that it would just be very cool to know.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The sleeve. Slanted logo with custom phenolic bumper added

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_20151214_110745.jpg
    IMG_20151214_110745.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 492

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dig the bumper! It would feel like a bumperless cue I am guessing.

And the ebony butt sleeve.....

And now you are torturing us by not showing the rest of the cue yet. You do enjoy your twisted pleasures, eh?

Now give up the rest of the pics or we will gang up on you.

JIMMY L

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a cue that I believe to be an old Joss.
Dane Janes made a small batch of 15-20 cues for King James Rempe in various styles. The Jim Rempe signature on the butt cap is engraved.

Here is the info I received from Don "Sure Man - Cues" Sureman

Jimmy, good news, its not a Adams, I just picked one up w/ same engraved butt cap. 14 pin, not 18, thick silver ring. mine sharp points w/ double rings in butt, w/ Cortlin linen. I sent pictures to Danny Janes [Joss Cues] he said "so many years ago he made 15 to possibly 20 for his friend, in hopes he could sell a few Joss cues for him. he said Rempe sold 400 in a month [true story] Danny said at the time, I couldn't make 400 cues in a year. he sent him to McDermott, but wasn't satisfied w/ the workmanship. Danny then put him in contact w/ Dick Helmstetter, Adam Cues, Japan, who made the production Jim Rempe line of cues. you got a keeper. don aka Sure Man Cues

I'm going to send the cue to JOSS and get it authenticated to the story. If true it will turn out to be a great story and a great cue.

Rempe%20Cue%20%203.jpg

Rempe%20Cue%20%201.jpg

Rempe%20Cue%20%205.jpg

Rempe%20Cue%20%204.jpg

The original thread about the cue is here. Lots of great cue knowledge in this thread. Thanks to all that posted.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=419790

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool to see the Rempe cue here.

What the heck, my JOSS is all the way back on page five of this thread. I'll re-post it! I'm just in that kind of mood. No fancy inlays, but she's been mine since 1985.

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

I have the key! :thumbup:

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Cool to see the Rempe cue here.

What the heck, my JOSS is all the way back on page five of this thread. I'll re-post it! I'm just in that kind of mood. No fancy inlays, but she's been mine since 1985.

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

I have the key! :thumbup:

Really nice