Jump Record?

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
A friend of mine asked me if anyone has ever tried to set a record for distance on jumping the cue ball. The practical barriers to this are obvious but I’m still curious as to how far a cue ball could be launched off the table.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine asked me if anyone has ever tried to set a record for distance on jumping the cue ball. The practical barriers to this are obvious but I’m still curious as to how far a cue ball could be launched off the table.
Apparently nobody got my joke, but a funny story may entertain. Buddy of mine was attempting to break from center table on a 9 foot table. He hit the cue ball and it popped up in the air flew over the rack bounced right off middle of the back rail perfectly. I swear it looked like that cue ball came flying back at him in slow motion, hit him right in the “balls”. One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in a pool hall, the look on his face was priceless.

Last edited:

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
This is a question for Mike Massey who would jump the cue ball off the table and into a cowboy boot.

TrxR

Florian has done some long distance jump shots including from one table to another. Don't know if he ever done one for a record or not.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The longest one I ever heard of was one of the Navarro brothers Juan or Ezekiel, they jumped a ball off the table, through the poolroom, down the stairs coming up from the street, and made a billiard on a ball in the doorway of the pool room! Nice shot! I think it was in the 1940s.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least 2 table lengths.

Even Jennette Lee jumped from the end rail over the other end rail and into her boot. (1.5 tables.)

Anything over 1 table length is not legal pool .....

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a video of a shot like the Navarro shot described above but on a pool table. Down the stairs along a track. Maybe several Rube Goldberg contrivances between.

I'm pretty sure there is a video of Mosconi jumping from one table to another.

Flakeandrun

This is a question for Mike Massey who would jump the cue ball off the table and into a cowboy boot.
I do this into shoes at my local bar for beers (usually try and get a round in for everyone out of it lol). The bar is about 6feet away, maybe just under.

Flakeandrun

The longest one I ever heard of was one of the Navarro brothers Juan or Ezekiel, they jumped a ball off the table, through the poolroom, down the stairs coming up from the street, and made a billiard on a ball in the doorway of the pool room! Nice shot! I think it was in the 1940s.
Love this. Would pay to see that for sure.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least 2 table lengths.

Even Jennette Lee jumped from the end rail over the other end rail and into her boot. (1.5 tables.)

Anything over 1 table length is not legal pool .....
Not true as you can jump into the end rail and back the length of the table. I tried it in a match and did jump successfully 1 1/2 table lengths but in a straight line when I needed to move over 1" for a good hit.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would look up on Guinness to see if there is one. I have seem people jump from one end of the table and end up off the table. Bruce Barthelette did a shot on ESPN trickshot magic that easily went 12 feet from point of origin.