Just a question

quitecoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Brunswick Meadalist 9ft, I was wondering ..what a ball park figure it would be to have a Pro set up like some of you guys...i am a pretty savy kinda guy and can do alot of stuff..but i want it done right and i want it tripple shimmed and 860 cloth put on it.

Dead Crab

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rather than triple shimming, you might want to consider rail extensions that were recently discussed in this forum.

I believe it was decided that the extensions would be reasonably priced at $250, then add the cost of cloth and installation to this.

quitecoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i wll do a search on them..but would you have an idea what a machanic would charge...the table will be completly apart and in the room where it needs to be set up and i will probally set the legs and frame up

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
You can probably find someone willing to give you a deal at $1000 to have your table assembled with Simonis, rail extensions and new brunswick cushions. The important thing is use someone reputable.

Dartman

Silver Member
Standard cushion facings are 3.2mm. To triple shim would narrow the pocket by a total of ½" but I doubt you will like the way the pockets play. As Dead Crab mentioned, extending and recushioning the rails is the proper way to achieve the desired effect (tighter pockets).

Doubt you'll find anything by searching for rail extensions. A knowledgeable mechanic will know how to do it correctly. You can shop for cloth on the web which should save you a few bucks over a local purchase. Simonis 860 for a 9' table is $229 and up at most web shops. Depending where you are a table setup with new cloth will probably ballpark somewhere between $200 - $300. Add the cost of extending the rails if you choose to go that route.

Dartman

Silver Member
quitecoolguy said:
thanks so much..i live in Richmond va..so i will check with some local guys

From the Sticky for nationwide mechanics -
Virginia - Charlottesville - Big Shot Billiards - 434-906-5024

mechanic/player

Silver Member
If you cannot find anybody to do it for you locally and are willing to wait a month or so(maybe sooner) I would be happy to do it for you. What part of Richmond are you in, N.S.E. or W side?

Last edited:

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check your PMs. I just gave you a contact that's local and does great work in Richmond.

Brian in VA

Strokerz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dartman said:
I have a 9' recover job near Janesville and they want 860. Can you do the job (with cloth) for $250 ?
That seems cheap for just doing one table. I have paid $200 per table + cloth here at our room before.
BK

Dartman

Silver Member
Strokerz said:
That seems cheap for just doing one table. I have paid $200 per table + cloth here at our room before. BK

It is. Just wanted to see if LCCS wanted the job since it's closer to him then me. I wouldn't pay full price to sub a job.

Jim Vondrell

Accu-Level Billiard Svc
Silver Member
mechanic in Richmond VA

I'd like to give one of my customers a referral to setup a table in Richmond Virginia. Thanks in advance.