Just Ordered My Birthday Present

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have just ordered a new cue from pooldawg it's from the scorpion johnny archer series and now that i've ordered it I just can't wait to hit with it, here's a pic:

ar04250x150-14651.jpg

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I hope it is everything you want it to be. Good shooting and have a Happy New Year!!!

Maniac

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I didn't know it was your birthday. Why doesn't somebody tell me these things.
I'm so ashamed. I didn't get you anything. Wait a minute, how about this?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the wait is killing me, just checked the tracking number and it tells me that my new cue has been sitting in UK customs for 2 days! now I know that in this day and age we have to check for suspect packages but come on this is ridiculous.

I mean how are you going to use a pool cue as a weapon of mass destruction?.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
the wait is killing me, just checked the tracking number and it tells me that my new cue has been sitting in UK customs for 2 days! now I know that in this day and age we have to check for suspect packages but come on this is ridiculous.

I mean how are you going to use a pool cue as a weapon of mass destruction?.
...ask the guy in your avatar:wink:...

muddawg

Chill Out
Silver Member
I don't know if they still do this, but I know when I got my scorpion, it came with a fiberglass shaft (exact same as cuetec), so you may want to sometime put a different shaft on there (I put an OB-2 on mine and really like it).

Anyway, I hope you like it when you get it.

Raptor0427

Scorpions have a real solid hit. I really like mine, I have lots of wood cues so I was suprised when I tried the Scorpion and it felt like a real pool cue ( Unlike Cue-tec and Excalibur that feel like plastic poles) I would like to hear your comments on it after you have shot with it.

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
Always exciting to get something in the mail besides the bills. Happy shooting.

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To raptor and muddog the cue I shoot with just now has a fibreglass shaft so that is music to my ears, as is the stiff hit of the cue as the I use atm is very whippy and I don't really enjoy using it.

Can either of you raptor or muddog or anyone actually tell me wether its possible to put a screw on extension onto a scorpion you see I am 5ft 7 and shots with the bridge kill me.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Can either of you raptor or muddog or anyone actually tell me wether its possible to put a screw on extension onto a scorpion you see I am 5ft 7 and shots with the bridge kill me.

9 ball,

I'm gonna give you the best piece of advice that a person of my skill level (can't hit my ass with a stick of dynamite :grin:) can give you. Get as proficient as you possibly can with the use of a mechanical bridge. If I had a nickel for every game/runout/match that I've seen blown in my lifetime because somebody either didn't have the skills or they were too darn bullheaded to use one, I could afford to buy me a Southwest cue :wink:!!!

Just prior to and subsequently after my rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder several years ago, I was forced to use the bridge on any shot where the cue ball was even with the side pocket or further up the table. Needless to say, I was using the bridge a LOT!!! I got good with it. Now, I won't hesitate to pick it up and feel fully confident in using it. I actually think I can aim certain thin cut shots (the really thin ones) better using the bridge than I can without it.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't want/have an extension (I have TWO of them). They come in mighty handy on certain shots. I'm just advising you to NOT $hit-can the mechanical bridge from your arsenal of weapons. On the contrary, get proficient with it. It can win you games!!!

Maniac

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No I totally understand what your saying maniac and I won't eliminate using the mechanical bridge from my arsenal but there are certain shots on the table that just don't feel at all comfortable with the bridge and that is the only reason I am enquiring about a push/screw on extension for my new scorpion when I get it.

Raptor0427

To raptor and muddog the cue I shoot with just now has a fibreglass shaft so that is music to my ears, as is the stiff hit of the cue as the I use atm is very whippy and I don't really enjoy using it.

I just looked at mine and you can't put a screw on extention on it.

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raptor could you tell me where I could find a push on extension similar to the one dennis hatch and johnny were using at the mosconi cup, and also more recently stevie moore at the predator world 10 ball in spain.

any help is appreciated.

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
I have just ordered a new cue from pooldawg it's from the scorpion johnny archer series and now that i've ordered it I just can't wait to hit with it, here's a pic:

ar04250x150-14651.jpg

Happy Birthday , Nice looking cue by the way you don't need a break cue do yah I've got a Scorpion Break cue laying around if your interested .

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheers for the offer Rob but I have a brand new bunjee jump break cue with phenolic tip that works a treat.

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just hit balls for a couple of hours with my new scorpion cue and I have to say that it is the best cue I have ever played with and well worth $150, the hit is so crisp for the first time in my life position play felt extremely easy. Am I overstating things?.

I love this cue although I don't know what type of shaft is on it, but appart from that I love it!.