Just received Samba

hogie583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well just got the samba system... Very well done system! Gonna give this a work out for the next few months. Ive tried 90/90, Stans Pro one which i really like. Samba has a couple more options for aiming points. Plus how to apply english within the system. Ive messed around with the See system which is shadow aiming. Samba is a blend. Now ive shot samba this morning. Its spot on! Find your category line up and shoot. I find that its easier to find your aim point on ob than Pro one maybe thats just me. But im gonna give this a work out and hope for the best. Just thought i would share my initial thoughts with the group.

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Best of luck with the aiming system.
Please let us know how you get on, and maybe a review after you've digested it.

Last edited:

shin

Registered
I've already got samba system, but I can't used. And today I'm combine SEE system and samba, and I'm play good now.

hogie583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Samba/See is a blend of the two shadows and centers and edges alignment. I played league last night using Samba. Won 7 out of 12 games. The tables didnt show the shadows correctly. My lack of inexperienced of picking them up properly was the problem. I have not had time to do the drills to cement the system. Doing drills and following along with shaft alignment reference points are key along with stepping into the shots properly. So far im impressed. Just wish the shadow end of it was a little more crisp to see. I suspect more table time will reveal what i need to see. Also what helps is knowing Stans Pro 1 Cte... should make the learning curve a bit quicker for me on this new system. Ill post updates as i progress. Fyi... i started playing 11 months ago at 48 yrs old. Already playing as a B.. Cte got me there. Controlling the rock and playing safety is my weak side. If i could only use my Putter as a cue!

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the obvious difficulty with "shadow systems" - lighting and shadows change from table to table - even from position to position on the same table. ...
This should be completely obvious if you think about the situation for a couple of minutes. I tried to explain this to a guy who was selling a book on shadow aiming, but I did not succeed.

scratchandrun

in most cases the shadows should be transferable to fractions of the object ball.
i.e line up quater cue ball with 3 quarters of the object ball as your starting point.
this probably is a nice thing to do early so the place lighting is irrelevant

I like the idea of SAMBA and it aligns with many other things i have tried