Kamui .98 vs Toam V10

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Several years ago I tried Kamui .98 and became addicted. It is about $32. I only chalk about every 2 racks, if that often, therefore have little residue on the balls or table and this make the cost irrelevant as the Kamui last forever.

Many folks are switching to TOAM V-10. For those of you who have switched, what are the benefits? And am I just an 'old timer' stuck in my ways?

Last edited:

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Taom is cleaner and a little more abrasive, so you don't need to scuff your tip as often.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Taom >>> Kamui. I played with Kamui 0.98 for years. I loved Kamui. But Taom is much cleaner and lasts just as long. (And I'm talking about Pyro; I've not yet tried the V10).

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
I`ve always used masters since forever. I may break down & buy a cube of the Taom if its available at SBE in a few months.
Atleast I could say I`ve tried it.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found the v10 to have a surprising amount of grip on the ball, similar to the Kamui. Goes on well, you could probably make it through an entire rack without chalking, also goes on my hammerhead well without having to scuff it, and that's saying something. I use a techno-dud and didn't think anything would get me away from triangle blue and masters, but after hitting a few shots with the v10 I was sold. Also noticed the v10 doesn't affect deflection as the Kamui does. Tried the (blue) pyro last night just to compare and I still don't like it, too many miscues. v10 is some magic shit.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't blame the miscues on the chalk. I remember trying great white chalk. I miscued every ten shots or so. But that was because I was testing the. Limits of spin with it. GW chalk if fine but way too messy. Masters-triangle definitely better.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't blame the miscues on the chalk. I remember trying great white chalk. I miscued every ten shots or so. But that was because I was testing the. Limits of spin with it. GW chalk if fine but way too messy. Masters-triangle definitely better.
When testing the limits of spin with masters/ triangle, were results better than GW? Or, was it an expensive piece of chalk was messier than the cheap chalk you use?

V10 is not messy...expensive, but not messy. Ask a friend to let you use some to try your miscue test.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel like I got better grip with masters and regular triangle. And they are both less messy. Triangle and GW covers easier. BUT they are both messier than master imo. (great white is white so it doesn't show up on hands and cueball but it's still there all over the place) I just swipe the tip once real quick before every shot when chalking. GW not worth it at all
I'm thinking about trying triangle pro but it's hard to find. I just want one cube.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When testing the limits of spin with masters/ triangle, were results better than GW? Or, was it an expensive piece of chalk was messier than the cheap chalk you use?

V10 is not messy...expensive, but not messy. Ask a friend to let you use some to try your miscue test.
My friends don't use 20$ chalk. Besides it's pointless when you use it. And then your opponent comes to the table with red silver cup chalk. These expensive chalks only worth it on your home table imo

Texas3cushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My friends don't use 20$ chalk. Besides it's pointless when you use it. And then your opponent comes to the table with red silver cup chalk. These expensive chalks only worth it on your home table imo
I only wish they made these two chalks affordable for pool halls. The tables would be so much cleaner. Masters has always done a good enough job for me. Plus washing your hands after is good hygiene. 😂

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I knew how to use an emoji, I could say get better friends. Oh well...lol

891014+1

Feel and grip=Kamui
Cleanest and lasting: taom.
I have used kamui 0.98 and taom v10 for 2 years and i personally prefer kamui, because of the feel when cueing.