Kamui or Moori?

ronscuba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the kamui browns don't glaze over like the blacks and the moori's, IME. holds chalk the best of all the layered tips i've tried

McChen, I believe you play a Mezz ? If so, sounds like you prefer the Kamui brown over the Moori Med. that came with the Mezz ?

Just curious, as I play with a Mezz still using the factory tip.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Kamui is the ultimate, though the onyx are good as well..

Btw nice avvy "Champ"..:grin:

Last edited:

slyfox

Olney Fan
Silver Member
I think that's an issue that is just bound to happen. The majority of tips I have ever tried have always glazed over relatively easily. I think once you get into that med-hard to hard range that's just the nature of the tip.

I think I'm going to try out a Moori H. If I don't like it after a week, I'll go back to Kamui.

I've always liked Superpro tips also, just hate that flat layer that comes out on top.

I'll give Moori one last chance after having played with Kamui for a while. I suspect I'll end up going back to Kamui, but it's always fun to test it out.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that's an issue that is just bound to happen. The majority of tips I have ever tried have always glazed over relatively easily. I think once you get into that med-hard to hard range that's just the nature of the tip.

I think I'm going to try out a Moori H. If I don't like it after a week, I'll go back to Kamui.

I've always liked Superpro tips also, just hate that flat layer that comes out on top.

I'll give Moori one last chance after having played with Kamui for a while. I suspect I'll end up going back to Kamui, but it's always fun to test it out.
i have a moori now and going to be putting on a kamui black soft pretty soon. kamui still seems to be most popular, whether its over hyped or not im not too sure yet.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Kamui med and it is damn hard. I know some ppl on here like the Kamui super soft because its actually closer to a true med.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a Kamui SS black and thought it was too soft so I swiched to a Kamui Soft and am very satisfied with it. Holds chalk very well does not mushroom. Prior to using Kamui's I used Elkmaster milk duds, pretty good tip but seemed a little inconsistent tip to tip. Years ago I used Moori's but something changed with them and they were really poor. Glazed over almost instantly and needed constant scuffing to hold chalk. I am still amazed at their decline they were a great tip for a long time and now almost no one in thsi thread is reccomending them. Kamui S for me although I may try the medium the next time I need a tip..

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Morri has a far more consistent hit.I've played with several Kamui's and they all hit different.I had a medium on my cue and so did my buddy and you would of thought they were 2 different tips.A few guys I know had some issues with the layers on the Kamui's.Morri's might glaze a bit but play light years beyond for me.

samiun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm moved to kamui (brown&black) year ago. Before that I use a moori m and s on my 3 main playing shaft, and two of them fall off. There is a piece of the laminated leather through the front end of the tip (in the curve area at the tip) fall off when i hit the cb. It's like there is a piece that not bond perfectly, it's like a QC not to good at that time. Too bad, I already fall in love with kamui.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
McChen, I believe you play a Mezz ? If so, sounds like you prefer the Kamui brown over the Moori Med. that came with the Mezz ?

Just curious, as I play with a Mezz still using the factory tip.

i do have a mezz that i often play with, though i'm not always using the same cue. anyways, i do like the kamui brown softs over the moori. it holds chalk better and never mushrooms or changes shape. it has a firmer hit as well. but the moori is still a very good tip.

i agree with others that the kamui brown medium is really hard. too hard for me, felt like a break tip. i like the brown softs. for the blacks though i like the medium, the softs hit a little too soft for me

eeng168

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always used a Moori medium for the longest time (8-10 years) but now I absolutely love the Kamui S.

These days, the Moori just mushroom WAY too fast, like after 2 months.
The Kamui I'm using currently for about 3-4 months now, still no problems! Haven't had a need to shape it except to scuff it. :)

Combs84

Cue Abuser
Silver Member
old thread but i just saw it fox! i played with moori mediums for about 6 or 7 years but the newer ones just seem different. when i got my carolina it came with an emerald tip and it is teh goods. after i got my second cc shaft the first chance i got i put an emerald on it. ill let ya hit with my cue next time we run into each other.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Moori Med just Glazed over while i was using a Willards Scuffer. I dont think i ever had this Glazing issue with a Wizzards MED

arknova

Me like Pool. Mhmm
Silver Member
am hearing that alot these days as well. Will agree with that

I think Moori was great when it was in it's Moori II-III series. After that, there're just better tips around.

old morri's were dope but the kamui is the better tip now. the new moori's seem to glaze over a lot

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Kamui Black Soft...great tip, grabs the cue ball better than anything I've tried, no mushrooming, etc. Use a nickel bevel on the tip--works best IMHO.

TheThaiger

Banned
My Moori Med just Glazed over while i was using a Willards Scuffer. I dont think i ever had this Glazing issue with a Wizzards MED

Glazing is the bane of my life. I've got to the pioint where I just don't care what type of tip it is, as long as it doesn't glaze. I've tried them all, near enough, yet every one glazes.

Colomblanco

Registered
Elkmaster

Between Moori and Kamui, I'd probably choose Kamui, but truthfully I don't think I'll ever buy another $20 tip. I just got my 3rd Elkmaster tip put on my cue and I miscue way less and can still draw full table with no problem... for 40 cents. I will admit that I am interested in that Kamui chalk though.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use diamond or Magic chalk or kamui chalk-!!!!!

Practice with the diamond and use the Magic to gamble with! Play better and chalk much less. The tips wear out from breaking,and they glaze over from Poor chalk. I haven't used Masters chalk for years! and refuse to play without my super chalks-you can really feel the difference. I can't believe you guys miss this important part of the Game. over and over. and the chalk is cheaper than replacing the tips, mark

TheThaiger

Banned
Practice with the diamond and use the Magic to gamble with! Play better and chalk much less. The tips wear out from breaking,and they glaze over from Poor chalk. I haven't used Masters chalk for years! and refuse to play without my super chalks-you can really feel the difference. I can't believe you guys miss this important part of the Game. over and over. and the chalk is cheaper than replacing the tips, mark

I use premium chalks and my tips still glaze...