Karen Corr wins Action Pool Tour

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Karen Corr just became the first woman to ever win an Action Pool Tour event. She beat Brett Stottlemeyer 9-4 in the Finals of the 10 Ball Tournament at Breakers in Herndon, VA.

Way to go Karen

Wedge

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Can you imagine an unsuspecting casual player decides to enter a tournament.
...feels he plays pretty good...draws Karen first round.

image.jpeg

Hmm...he thinks...didn't know Sunday school teachers played pool....
...then she wins the lag, runs a four pack...then three fouls him....:eek:

He's having a little trouble racking the next game ...can't stop shaking...
...'Having a little trouble, are we?"
"Uh, I've been sick lately."

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 433973

I love the part about "Sunday school teacher"

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karen Corr just became the first woman to ever win an Action Pool Tour event. She beat Brett Stottlemeyer 9-4 in the Finals of the 10 Ball Tournament at Breakers in Herndon, VA.

Way to go Karen

Wedge

Hate to open up this can of worms, but I see Brett's FargoRating is 726 and Karen's is 729. Another piece of data that supports Mike's assertion that a male rating and a female rating are in fact comparable.

I should also add that of the games Fargo tracks (8, 9 and 10) 10b is (in my mind) the game that would be most difficult for women to match comparably skilled men, because of the break.

Last edited:

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member

View attachment 433973

PT,... I am not surprised at all. Karen has been playing strong all year long.
She has the discipline the male PRO's have !

CONGRATS Karen !! :thumbup:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hate to open up this can of worms, but I see Brett's FargoRating is 726 and Karen's is 729. Another piece of data that supports Mike's assertion that a male rating and a female rating are in fact comparable.

I should also add that of the games Fargo tracks (8, 9 and 10) 10b is (in my mind) the game that would be most difficult for women to match comparably skilled men, because of the break.

As it has already been established , there are a handful of women that can play with the men on any given day. More importantly , someone like Karen will have a more accurate rating because she plays in Opens and against other men way more than most of the other women.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not up on the fargo debate, but i can say that brett and karen play about the same speed.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

The F Word...

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I told her Saturday at the tournament that with her second place in Turning Stone, folks can stop talking about Balukas; Karen's the real deal...this wasn't a surprise. :smile:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know what the prize money was for that event, but Action Pool Tour events are usually pretty low-paying affairs. Karen should have been in NYC beating up on Strickland and Immonen in 14.1. :)

[Good going, Karen.]

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karen's been knocking 'em down on the Joss Tour for years. This does not surprise me, her winning the Action Pool Tour event. Go, Karen! :cool:

I am woman; hear me roar! :grin-square:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Karen's been knocking 'em down on the Joss Tour for years. This does not surprise me, her winning the Action Pool Tour event. Go, Karen! :cool:

I am woman; hear me roar! :grin-square:

image.jpeg

Uh, which table am I playing on? :scratchhead:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hogwash Gideon...The break is about speed and timing, not brute strength. No difference in the break, between men and women, if they use the weight of the cue and perfect timing.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very happy for Karen, well done. :clapping:

Somehow, I think this is good for pool too.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hogwash Gideon...The break is about speed and timing, not brute strength. No difference in the break, between men and women, if they use the weight of the cue and perfect timing.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Scott,

I agree that it is not brute strength. But can you name one pro-level woman player that has a 10b break comparable to a man of equivalent skill? If not, why is that?

I speak specifically of 10b, because clearly the women can break 9b (especially with a template) well enough to hang with men of comparable skill.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Brett from up my way and I was under the impression she played a little better?? Not taking anything away from Brett of course.

Brett has won multiple tourneys including APT events and the planet pool yr end 4000 added event with over 100 players beating Kieth McCreedy in the final .
Brett works for a living times where work is slow and he's playing all the time is when he playing his best and his top gear is higher than Karen's ,

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brett has won multiple tourneys including APT events and the planet pool yr end 4000 added event with over 100 players beating Kieth McCreedy in the final .
Brett works for a living times where work is slow and he's playing all the time is when he playing his best and his top gear is higher than Karen's ,

His top gear is no where near Karen's ... She should win this every time. Brett is a hell of a player but Karen is a world champion female or not. And yea I've known Brett since he could barely put 2 balls together. I'm not a gambling man by nature but I'll be happy To any time they play. It wouldn't be gambling... It would be free money.