Kato Cue Club

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They need a lot more chairs around the tables, and those two tables in the middle of the room by the bleachers are horrible. Where are you going to lean your cues against or sit? There is a table or two in the middle of the room in a place in NJ and the players there were a bit confused where to sit and put the cues when I was there for a tournament.

Place looks great, but designed like a private room in a basement of a mansion rather than a pool room.

At least they did not put couches 3 feet from the tables and put the house cues in the bridge holders like a place in Boston did LOL, that was a fun place to try out. They had beer spills on half the tables a week from opening and it was impossible to play on half the tables due to the couches.

SandFox

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They may have more chairs and just didnt have them arranged to keep the place having a clean look. The grand opening isnt until the end of this week after all.

radge69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a great room. Tables play fantastic, and the food is great as well. A room like this was needed in southern MN.

thehoneybadger

noob
Silver Member
I played Josh (the owner) tonight some 9 ball probably 25 games. ... it was a good lesson in racking/kicking/watching pool lol

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope to make it down there Friday. It's been a long time since we had a place to play at here in Kato. Maybe I can find someone interested in playing some straight pool.

The other Randy G :D

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
I hope to make it down there Friday. It's been a long time since we had a place to play at here in Kato. Maybe I can find someone interested in playing some straight pool.

Hi Randy

Great to see that you are still playing regular.

Put a good word in for me with Josh.

randyg

radge69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MN Kid - I'll be down there sometime Friday evening, I'll play some straight pool with you. If you know who I am and see me down there, introduce yourself.

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Randy

Great to see that you are still playing regular.

Put a good word in for me with Josh.

randyg

Hey Mr. G,

Wish I was down there in the lone star state right now. Man, has it been cold up here lately. Hope everything is good with you. If your ever up here, let me know. We'll catch some grub at the Wheel and shoot some pool. Take care.

Randy

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MN Kid - I'll be down there sometime Friday evening, I'll play some straight pool with you. If you know who I am and see me down there, introduce yourself.

If I go down there Friday, it will have to be around noon as I work second shift. I could stop in after work Friday but they will be closing up 20 min. after I got there. Maybe we could talk Josh into keeping it open longer (kidding). I love playing pool but straight pool is definitely my favorite game. Problem is not a lot of people like playing it. They like nine ball (definitely my LEAST favorite game). I'm sure we'll run into each other soon.

Until then,
Randy

Last edited:

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Hey Mr. G,

Wish I was down there in the lone star state right now. Man, has it been cold up here lately. Hope everything is good with you. If your ever up here, let me know. We'll catch some grub at the Wheel and shoot some pool. Take care.

Randy

See you this coming August.

randyg

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice looking room and well thought out. I particularly like that you can rent the Brak Rak for practicing your break - not sure how the cloth would like it though :).

Wishing that room the best of rolls.

Dave

mnhighrunlist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I live about an hour away from Mankato...plan to drive down once the sub zero temperatures subside. Are there scoring beads above the tables?

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live about an hour away from Mankato...plan to drive down once the sub zero temperatures subside. Are there scoring beads above the tables?

They are above MY table :thumbup:

Look me up when you come down.

RG

Last edited: