KO's Pattern Racking Secrets.....

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your right!

I was assuming that the 2 HAD to be placed on the bottom of the rack. That's where I saw it all tournament.

Am I wrong?

The percentage of break and runs is so low most of the time the pattern doesn't matter especially with the hard break rule, the balls are going everywhere. Soft break it has a bigger effect.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your right!

See, something like that, where it's ok for you to do it but not for someone else to do it, and then calling them on it, is just a straight 100% MOVE.

SVB is one of the greatest players in history. But let's not make a mistake about what calling KO out for pattern racking while not having a problem with doing it himself, really is.

I really like Shanes game and is one of the best in the world..., but that was a move!

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One observation that I made about this was that they didn't want two close numbered balls on the corners. You can have the 5-6, 7-8, 3-4, on the corners. For some reason I think that made the difference in the two racks. At least to the ref

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... KO gets called on pattern racking by SVB.

Are you sure SVB initiated the ref's speaking to Ko about it? Go to about 39:00 of the match (Ko racking for Game 7). I see nothing indicating that SVB said anything to the ref about it.

And as to whether SVB was pattern racking, here, in order, are the wing balls he made on his breaks -- 7, 6, 7, 8, 6, 4, unk, unk, 6, 6, 6, 7.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get your point, but..,

Are you sure SVB initiated the ref's speaking to Ko about it? Go to about 39:00 of the match (Ko racking for Game 7). I see nothing indicating that SVB said anything to the ref about it.

And as to whether SVB was pattern racking, here, in order, are the wing balls he made on his breaks -- 7, 6, 7, 8, 6, 4, unk, unk, 6, 6, 6, 7.

It was the commentators that said that Shane initiated the refs interaction

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Yes, I heard that. But I've also heard commentators misstate lots of stuff.

OK, COOL!
That's good to know!

So when the commentators who were clearly pro SVB, spent at least 40% of the match talking about KO getting lucky, THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT!!!

We can't let those those commentators start these crazy rumors.
ESPECIALLY when they are sitting right there in the friggin arena halfway across the planet watching the match live, when we clearly know what's going on better then they do while sitting in front of the computer at home!:D

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
OK, COOL!
That's good to know!

So when the commentators who were clearly pro SVB, spent at least 40% of the match talking about KO getting lucky, THEY HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT!!!

We can't let those those commentators start these crazy rumors.
ESPECIALLY when they are sitting right there in the friggin arena halfway across the planet watching the match live, when we clearly know what's going on better then they do while sitting in front of the computer at home!:D

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

you're a homosexual aren't you? I heard the commentators talking about it, but wanted to make sure

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember seeing on the chat somebody proposed to equalize any pattern racking advantage by having the ref break for both players. Sounds like a good, fair idea to me! LOL

poolhallbanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The commentators were definitely "NOT" Shane Van Boening fans. Ted Lerner who
commentated with Iman could not be characterized in any form as Shane fanatics.
In fact, Ted Lerner, who doesn't seem to be a fan of the USA period did in fact repeatedly
mock Shane as "Captain America" and "American Express". Now I really don't care where your from or who you support, but I am offended by chide remarks about the best
player in the USA! If you are a miserable ingrate USA resident please get your sorry rear
end out of here. We are tired of supporting your food stamps and welfare!:eek:

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Superstar, will you at least agree that the luck factor was clearly on KO's side.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Superstar, will you at least agree that the luck factor was clearly on KO's side.

Nope.
You know why I won't agree? Well I'll tell ya.

Whenever SVB is stepping in some deep doo doo, and he wins the match, there ain't a single SVB groupie on this forum that will ever acknowledge it.
It's nothing but "He's a Champion, He's the Greatest, He's 'MURICAN, WOO HOO!!!", and nobody says squat about him getting a roll here or there.
And if someone brings it up, it's just a bunch of justifications about it being ok cause he's awesome.

And the fact is, he IS a champion, he IS one of the greatest, and he IS American. But that doesn't mean that he doesn't step in it every now and then.

And if he can step in it and it doesn't exist to his fans when he wins, then his opponents can step in it as well, and it doesn't exist either for them when he loses.

And for the record, I was actually rooting for SVB to bring it home.
I just don't get caught up with being a fan and all upset like some people do when it doesn't happen.

One thing is for sure though. SVB has way more class in defeat, then his fans do.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, you are right. Johnnyt

I have reviewed the rules from the World 9 Ball and the WPA. No where in the rules do I see the requirement for the 2 to be at the back. The only major tournament that I have seen that rule is the US Open 9 Ball.

If someone can show me the rule for the 2 at the back it would appertained. Not someone said or the commentators said - Actually in Print on an official web site.

Thanks

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
I have reviewed the rules from the World 9 Ball and the WPA. No where in the rules do I see the requirement for the 2 to be at the back. The only major tournament that I have seen that rule is the US Open 9 Ball.

If someone can show me the rule for the 2 at the back it would appertained. Not someone said or the commentators said - Actually in Print on an official web site.

Thanks

Even if you can't find it in print, the fact that the 2 is in the back as opposed to the front 2 is a dead giveaway. The back is the least predictable spot for the 2 to be in.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
1) Ted's pool knowledge is obviously very basic, and not at a sufficient level to be commentating pool. Also not useful to cite him for fact checking.

2) The match has been recorded. No need to speculate.

3) With the score at 1-0, on Shane's first rack, Ted says Shane racks the same way every time.

4) Recording shows -- Ko's first racks, all identical patterns

5) Recording shows -- Shane's racks, all unique patterns

6) The commentators then indicate that they *think* Shane must have complained to the ref. Based on a pure guess, from the looks of things.

7) Did Shane complain to the ref about Ko's patterns? It would appear not.

With the score at 3-2, Shane sinks the 9-ball (to tie 3-3). Shane immediately leaves the table without any communication with the ref.

The only other time the ref is near Shane to update the score, they don't even make eye contact and he is gone almost instantly.

At that point Shane is towelling off his cue, looking down at the floor, and doesn't seem to notice whatsoever when the ref goes to talk to Ko.