Kudos to Big Truck

Jim Kuykendall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone who was able to watch any of the great matches that were on the live feed from The Texas Open is indebted to Ray. I know there was little if any money in it. We are fortunate to be able to share in his enthusiasm for the game. Many thanks Big Truck for your time and effort.

Big C

Deep in the heart of TX.
Silver Member
Anyone who was able to watch any of the great matches that were on the live feed from The Texas Open is indebted to Ray. I know there was little if any money in it. We are fortunate to be able to share in his enthusiasm for the game. Many thanks Big Truck for your time and effort.
It's not his first rodeo. He's been doing great things for pool here in Texas for several years now and shows no signs of letting up. He's not in it for the money, but his payday is coming soon. I'll treat him to Whataburger next time I see him. :grin:

RBC

Deceased
Yes, Bigtruck is doing some good things!

Something to keep in mind though. For anyone to do good things for pool, they have to be able to continue doing them. In order to do that, they have to make a profit.

Bigtruck has to make a profit if he is going to continue doing what he is doing.

As the primary Advertiser (sponsors) of the stream this last weekend, I can say that OB Cues is very happy with the stream and how it turned out. However, I must urge everyone to recognize all the advertisers. For Ray to continue, he has to have financial backing and make a profit. For that to happen, companies must see a return for their advertising dollars. If you need a rack, then look at the Delta-13. If you are in the market for a cue, look at James Hanshew, or possibly our OB Cues. If you live in Austin, go see A-Tex Billiards for you pool needs. Go play pool at Legends in League City, or the Big Easy in New Orleans. Look for the free publications put out by OTBN.com called The Break, Rackem, and Stroke.

As long as Bigtruck can sell advertising spots, he will continue to bring you great pool coverage from all over the Lone Star State!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

mattiefingaz

Professional Photographer
Silver Member

Something to keep in mind though. For anyone to do good things for pool, they have to be able to continue doing them. In order to do that, they have to make a profit.

Bigtruck has to make a profit if he is going to continue doing what he is doing.

As the primary Advertiser (sponsors) of the stream this last weekend, I can say that OB Cues is very happy with the stream and how it turned out. However, I must urge everyone to recognize all the advertisers. For Ray to continue, he has to have financial backing and make a profit. For that to happen, companies must see a return for their advertising dollars. If you need a rack, then look at the Delta-13. If you are in the market for a cue, look at James Hanshew, or possibly our OB Cues. If you live in Austin, go see A-Tex Billiards for you pool needs. Go play pool at Legends in League City, or the Big Easy in New Orleans. Look for the free publications put out by OTBN.com called The Break, Rackem, and Stroke.

As long as Bigtruck can sell advertising spots, he will continue to bring you great pool coverage from all over the Lone Star State!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

Ray....It really is great to see you doing what you're doing...as an amateur videographer I KNOW what it takes to put together a show like you've done....It is very much appreciated....

Mr. Bunnell, I quoted you to remind everyone how much of a tight knit and respectful community this is and how much of a stand up guy you appear to be. I have to honestly say I didn't know who you were prior to reading your post. I do now and my next new shaft WILL be an OB...no question.

I've worked with other sponsers in non-pool related ventures on many, many occassions and I've never seen one publicly come out and represent for the other sponsers...you're a class act sir.

Sorry...have to mention BigTruck again....can't steal your thunder man...keep doing what you do and I'll keep getting in on your raffles ...

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

To Royce and everyone offering up the kind words,

I deeply appreciate the gesture.

Royce has been a great friend and confidant since before I ever flipped on a camera and I really appreciate him.

I am honored to represent OB Cues and the other companies that Royce listed. I would also like to add Gene & Rene with Crown Cues and Shane Johnson owner of Abestbilliards.com too! These companies are easy to represent because their products are really great!

I want everyone to know that if you see an ad on the Bigtruck show, It's a company with integrity, great products and are a great service to all of us that play pool.

I would also like to thanks the viewers that tuned in for over 12,000 hours of viewing over the Labor Day Weekend, I hope you enjoyed the show.

Sincerely,

Ray Hansen

Last edited:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

Royce has been a great friend and confidant since before I ever flipped on a camera and I really appreciate him.

I am honored to represent OB Cues and the other companies that Royce listed. I would also like to add Gene & Rene with Crown Cues and Shane Johnson owner of Abestbilliards.com too! These companies are easy to represent because their products are really great!

I want everyone to know that if you see an ad on the Bigtruck show, It's a company with integrity, great products and are a great service to all of us that play pool.

I would also like to thanks the 17,000+ viewers that tuned in over the Labor Day Weekend, I hope you enjoyed the show.

Sincerely,

Ray Hansen

Not to piss in your Cherios but 17,000 unique views is not 17,000 viewers. I see this all the time from many streamers and I think it gives a false picture of what is really going on to everyone.

Ustream calculates a unique view as every time some one starts a new session. If a guy comes and goes ten times that is ten unique sessions. This information is from Brad Hunstable the CEO of Ustream. The reason I know this is because when our stats said we had 154,000+ unique views for the Derby last year I was pretty damn excited. When I found out how they measure I was still happy with the results but not quite ready to approach Coke or Pepsi.

That said I think Ray did a great job with the stream. The multiple camera angles and on screen scoring were pretty cool.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not to piss in your Cherios

but....

Maybe you're focusing on the wrong things young man. I listed the hours that people were watching instead, just for you.

Ray
(doesn't eat cherios)

Last edited:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
but....

Maybe you're focusing on the wrong things young man. I listed the hours that people were watching instead, just for you.

Ray
(doesn't eat cherios)

If focusing on truthful statements is the wrong thing then you got me.

As for the young man thing I am 36. You want to start comparing stats or resume's just let me know.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
If focusing on truthful statements is the wrong thing then you got me.

As for the young man thing I am 36. You want to start comparing stats or resume's just let me know.

Odd that you are attacking me. What's up? There's plenty of room in the sandbox.

Truthful? The info is right off the report from Ustream. My phone,e-mail, text are all buzzing non-stop. Why would I start calling the CEO of Ustream? I'm gonna just keep on trucking.

If you want to get into a pissing contest, you will be the only one pissing. I'm not playing your game Justin.

Stop focusing on other people that are promoting pool and just focus on promoting pool. it's a lot more fun.

Ray

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
Thanks Bigtruck for the great pool this weekend. I got to watch alot of great players when I got home from work, since I couldn't play this weekend. I don't know about the hours or viewers, but thank you for the great FREE stream and don't worry about the haters. Keep truckin.:grin: Ron

Now I'm on my way over to get me one of those awesome TAR patches. It's about time.

Last edited:

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed watching, Ray. Thanks for all the hours you put in. Quality was good and the different views and zoom features were nice too. I got to see my friend Joe Macnamara play King Kong in the losers bracket. I remember watching him play U.J. Puckett in this tournament at the old Moyer's poolroom, Joemac won that match.

The commentators you had did a nice job. Keep up the good work.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Odd that you are attacking me. What's up? There's plenty of room in the sandbox.

Truthful? The info is right off the report from Ustream. My phone,e-mail, text are all buzzing non-stop. Why would I start calling the CEO of Ustream? I'm gonna just keep on trucking.

If you want to get into a pissing contest, you will be the only one pissing. I'm not playing your game Justin.

Stop focusing on other people that are promoting pool and just focus on promoting pool. it's a lot more fun.

Ray
I am not attacking you. I am pointing out something that has been bothering me for awhile and that is people throwing around numbers that are misleading. I run into it all the time. "So and so said he had 200,000 viewers at that tournament" and other ridiculous numbers.

I am glad all of your means of communication are choked with traffic. As far as room in the sandbox we don't do the same thing so I have no worries one way or the other.

My focus is on promoting pool. Truthfully. There is enough bullsh!t in this industry without adding more. Good on you for streaming and good on you for trying to do things. Just try and keep it reasonably close to reality.

Josh Palmer

I'll take the 6 :)
Silver Member
Oh man.. without jumping into this REALITY... That was the best streaming I have seen yet. Hardly a glitch, and impressive commentating Ray! Next time you do it, I'm throwing a tip in the jar again! Thank you so much. It's the people who do this that keep me interested in what's going on in pool, and make me feel like playing again.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Ray, just wanted to add my self to the long list of those thanking you for the very fun stream...sorry I couldn't hang in to watch it all...was falling asleep at the keyboard. One certain announcer got two marriage proposals on the chat...that was funny as hell! :grin:

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ray,

I agree, with everyone else. This is probably the best streaming I have seen yet. Great consistency from top to bottom and superb audio/video quality. Commentating was also simple and effective. It seems as if you weren't even trying!

As for Justin, I know his flappin can sound offensive, but I think it's in the best interest for pool if you two get along.

Anyway, nice job RAy!

swrooster

A HOTDOG ROAD PLAYER!!
Silver Member
Thanks

I would also like to thanks the viewers that tuned in for over 12,000 hours of viewing over the Labor Day Weekend, I hope you enjoyed the show.

Sincerely,

Ray Hansen

Ray, Thanks for the effort and vision. Thanks to the sponsors, maybe we can be like nascar fans and become brand loyal, we will for a continued quality product on quality events. Seems like you struck a chord with Justin, oh well, rubbin' is racin'. Great, Great job...TRUCKIN'.:cool: