Kvinbrwr R.I.P.

tc in l a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been awhile...

...been wanting to bump this for a few days, just over three years now since Keven passed.

RIP

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Yep, I think about Kevin all the time too. We became good friends, worked cue deals and played a lot of pool together. He was always hustling on ebay and actually made a good living doing that. He had multi million annual business volume in the ebay heyday. He knew art and was especially expert in the silverware market. We met after he sold that $55,000 Szamboti on ebay, where he became an instant pool dealer celebrity. He wanted cue knowledge and made a lot of money on the side buying and selling cues.

He had been very athletic in his life. He excelled at swimming and golf. He liked bicycle riding, mountain biking and especially riding at the beach. I had stopped golfing when we were friends, but I would give anything to be able to play some golf with him now. When I told him we bought a home in a coastal golf community, he was genuinely excited and we planned he would come up here.

He passed away before the new house was completed. The warning signs were there. He had a small stroke a few years before his fatal heart attack. Some evenings we would be out playing and he wouldn't have much stamina left at the end of the night. For you guys who didn't know Kevin, he became a celebrity here on AZ.

Kevin was a guy with a huge personality and lived life to his own tune. Miss him a lot!

Chris

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Yep, I think about Kevin all the time too. We became good friends, worked cue deals and played a lot of pool together. He was always hustling on ebay and actually made a good living doing that. He had multi million annual business volume in the ebay heyday. He knew art and was especially expert in the silverware market. We met after he sold that $55,000 Szamboti on ebay, where he became an instant pool dealer celebrity. He wanted cue knowledge and made a lot of money on the side buying and selling cues.

He had been very athletic in his life. He excelled at swimming and golf. He liked bicycle riding, mountain biking and especially riding at the beach. I had stopped golfing when we were friends, but I would give anything to be able to play some golf with him now. When I told him we bought a home in a coastal golf community, he was genuinely excited and we planned he would come up here.

He passed away before the new house was completed. The warning signs were there. He had a small stroke a few years before his fatal heart attack. Some evenings we would be out playing and he wouldn't have much stamina left at the end of the night. For you guys who didn't know Kevin, he became a celebrity here on AZ.

Kevin was a guy with a huge personality and lived life to his own tune. Miss him a lot!

Chris

Chris;

I'm still sorry for the loss of your good buddy, Kev. I'm jealous that you were able to spend *real time* with him hitting balls, etc.

I am thankful that I got to be his az pal and for all the fun correspondence and phone calls. We did some serious laughing! :grin-square:

Kevin was an incredibly witty, funny, and uber smart guy.

I learned a lot from him.

RIP Kevin.

best,
brian kc

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris;

I'm still sorry for the loss of your good buddy, Kev. I'm jealous that you were able to spend *real time* with him hitting balls, etc.

I am thankful that I got to be his az pal and for all the fun correspondence and phone calls. We did some serious laughing! :grin-square:

RIP Kevin.

best,
brian kc

Where you been, Brian? Long time no read! :cool:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Chris;

RIP Kevin.

best,
brian kc

Thanks Brian, good to see you back and posting. Hope things are going well. I still smile when I think of Kevin. He always had something to say and a great way to say it. Now that I'm golfing again, I especially miss him. Would have loved to have him here in our golfing clan.

I haven't heard from his partner Dawn for awhile. I also hope she is doing OK - if anybody knows what Dawn is doing, I would appreciate an update (by PM is fine).

Chris

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Another holiday season has arrived and so it's time to reflect on lots of things including those people who meant so much and are no longer here with us.

Kevin was quite a character and he had a lot of character.

He was a great friend to many here on az and is sorely missed.

Hope how it works has you playing some pool and laughing it up, Sir. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this news.. I will pray for his family and for you. Take comfort knowing he is with you in spirit.

:(:(