Let’s Talk about it…

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even if Shane had said he liked the Predator table, anyone watching the play knows these tables are terrible.

My inclination was to optimistically assume that Predator, a company committed to high standards in its product line, would address the problems and we'd see level tables from them by 2023. Now, based on RKC's posts, and he is this forum's undisputed guru on the subject of tables, it seems my optimism is unjustified. Sad to hear this.

It's very unfortunate, for given Predator's great support of pro pool, I'd like to see them get a good return on their investment, but this equipment SNAFU won't help in that regard.

PS All that said, these tables are not nearly as bad as the title of this thread. "Let's Talk About It" doesn't offer as much as a clue with respect to the content of the thread.
Sorry, the title of this thread failed to meet your quality standards. Trust me when I say, my efforts titling this thread never revolved around you and never will. Some of us in here do this for fun and for the sake of just because.

PS Next time I will make sure I aim to push your buttons....
Seems to me you're butt hurt because Predator cant build a table to your liking 🤣

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
17e04a5bc8e32c6e8376da1ad9b48346.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry not a big fan of any Predator products, I have owned maybe 6 different cues by them. Sold them all and never regretted selling any of them.
I would like to hear about your thought process with the 6th cue. "I bought and got rid of five previous products by this company, but hey, I'll spend a few hundred dollars on yet another one I probably won't like because I'm a glutton for punishment"? :LOL:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1 for diamond. I know mine will play true for many many years. Predators pricing on these is ridiculous. Why buy one of these when diamond is the same price.
I'd wager the Predator would play well for many years in a home environment but unlike the Diamond, it isn't designed or engineered to withstand multiple breakdowns and setups, hence the issues they are having in Vegas.

Yes, they are priced too high as well.

Gear101

I would like to hear about your thought process with the 6th cue. "I bought and got rid of five previous products by this company, but hey, I'll spend a few hundred dollars on yet another one I probably won't like because I'm a glutton for punishment"? :LOL:
I have maybe owned 35 to 40 different cues in my live. Different weights, different shafts, different years the cues are built and all. If you ever get the chance you'd understand. Here's my current collection, minus my three jump cues, which I have had two Predators jumps as well.
I always want to like them, but just seem to go back to Schon and Bludworth cues.
Screenshot_20220307-091147_Gallery.jpg

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Watching the rolls in this match,,,gotta agree with Shane...Junk.

Just wwatch the complete shot taken at 8:02...

Grimper

Sorry not a big fan of any Predator products, I have owned maybe 6 different cues by them. Sold them all and never regretted selling any of them.

I'm in the process of getting rid of all my Predator cues, too. I think their quality control sucks.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pay any player enough, and they'll represent toilet paper if need be!
I agreed with everything you had written regarding the tables and engineering up until this comment. Yes Shane is sponsored by Rasson, and yes, Rasson makes a fine table, though it's certainly not easy to flip, like a Diamond. I like both Diamond and Rasson Tables – both are far superior to this Predator/SAM table.

Nyquil

I'd wager the Predator would play well for many years in a home environment but unlike the Diamond, it isn't designed or engineered to withstand multiple breakdowns and setups, hence the issues they are having in Vegas.

Yes, they are priced too high as well.
Maybe, they are outsourcing these tables. There are going to be some growing pains for early adopters I feel like. Diamonds are very well sorted these days.

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why didn't they just, stick to building cues and expensive shafts. With the tables, they also gone into the developing/making the cloth. Which again is twice the price of any other.