Let's All Support Stan

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yet here you are, spending every waking moment in the aiming forum lol

Yes, here I am, "every waking moment", lol.:rolleyes:

Seriously, there are elements of my game where a good instructor (and that doesn't necessarily mean a pro player at all) could help me. Getting the ball into the pocket isn't an issue for me.

I came up with my system to hopefully help others make it a non-issue also. And I believe that's the same motivation -- to help others play better pool -- that prompted Stan's 20-year commitment to continuing Hal's work with CTE.

I hope Stan's book comes out soon and is received well. And I hope it helps people play better pool. I have to go now so I can sleep and wake up later to post more down here in the aiming slums. :smile:

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My guess, from watching Stan's videos in the past, is that the explanations will be so convoluted and poorly explained that it will still seem like a conundrum wrapped in mystery and hidden under a tarp behind the garage.

And I am not negative at all about this as a method for aligning eyes and body to determine a proper shot line. It works for that in my opinion. But is and always will be a means to approximate while the brain finishes fine tuning the shot placement.

This is why God created editors.

I don't care who you are, you need an editor. You cannot let your ramblings loose into the wild, from way down at the bottom of whatever rabbit hole you've drilled, without a dispassionate party making sure it actually makes sense.

Lou Figueroa

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My guess, from watching Stan's videos in the past, is that the explanations will be so convoluted and poorly explained that it will still seem like a conundrum wrapped in mystery and hidden under a tarp behind the garage.
And I am not negative at all about this as a method for aligning eyes and body to determine a proper shot line. It works for that in my opinion. But is and always will be a means to approximate while the brain finishes fine tuning the shot placement.

---------------

Last edited:

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Seriously, there are elements of my game where a good instructor (and that doesn't necessarily mean a pro player at all) could help me. Getting the ball into the pocket isn't an issue for me.

I came up with my system to hopefully help others make it a non-issue also. And I believe that's the same motivation -- to help others play better pool -- that prompted Stan's 20-year commitment to continuing Hal's work with CTE.

I hope Stan's book comes out soon and is received well. And I hope it helps people play better pool. I have to go now so I can sleep and wake up later to post more down here in the aiming slums. :smile:
Brian,
Thanks for Poolology and thanks for all your informative and generous posts.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually there are several videos. I posted one in particular that proves my point, but it coudn't be rebutted or denied, so you guys ignored it. Either that, or you simply didn't understand the implications. Stan didn't ignore it. He made another video to try and rebut the evidence but the cat was already out of the bag.

You had nothing that's why no one responded.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I see the group has a new recruit.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't know about every waking moment, but a good chunk of your posts are in the aiming section(at least briefly looking through your post history), almost every CTE thread I have tried to read, you have been in there downplaying the system.

But, an honest question, if you have no interest in learning CTE, then why do you post so damn much in CTE threads?

I like your posts in general outside of the aiming forum, think they are interesting, thoughtful, and you give some insights I appreciate, but you're a troll when anyone tries to discuss CTE, that's my honest opinion.

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brian, you were actually one of the first people I ever dropped a friend request to. I did that because I saw a lot of your posts that I enjoyed, you shared some thoughtful insights, some great ideas. I know having someone on your "friends" list doesn't mean shit, but I thought you worthy of trying to keep up with.

But man, this obsession to downplay CTE is f****ing whack, and maybe the system is total Bullshit. Make a thread saying its bullshit and leave it at that, going into every CTE thread(I have seen) to downplay the system is just insane to me. Why dedicate so much time to something you have said you don't know and don't care about learning?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know about every waking moment, but a good chunk of your posts are in the aiming section(at least briefly looking through your post history), almost every CTE thread I have tried to read, you have been in there downplaying the system.

But, an honest question, if you have no interest in learning CTE, then why do you post so damn much in CTE threads?

I like your posts in general outside of the aiming forum, think they are interesting, thoughtful, and you give some insights I appreciate, but you're a troll when anyone tries to discuss CTE, that's my honest opinion.

There are quite a few readers that never post comments here. But they read everything. There are always two sides to consider, though many here are too closed minded to consider anyone else's opinion. They automatically preach "hater" and pour on the derogatory defense. Maybe it's due to the 20yr aiming war....probably so, but that excuse is getting old.

Anyway, I haven't been downing CTE or posting any unconstructive comments. I happen to like the aiming forum and believe a lot of players come here looking for ways to improve their game. Hearing from all sides, all opinions, on different aiming methods is constructive, at least until it falls back into that 20yr wasteland of bitterness.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyway, I haven't been downing CTE or posting any unconstructive comments. .

giphy.gif

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You had nothing that's why no one responded.

$100 says you know exactly what video I'm talking about. You just throw out your one liners denying everything so it looks like you are the wise one to newcomers reading these threads. I guess that's why you do that, not sure. God forbid you let one of us have an opinion that goes unchallenged or "uninsulted."

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why dedicate so much time to something you have said you don't know and don't care about learning?

Maybe none of my business, but it is equally "whack" that you care about what Brian chooses to post about. I follow certain other posters on AZ but when they get wrapped up in some subject I don't care about I just ignore those discussions.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe none of my business, but it is equally "whack" that you care about what Brian chooses to post about. I follow certain other posters on AZ but when they get wrapped up in some subject I don't care about I just ignore those discussions.

How many times have you been banned bashing? Now that's whack

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many times have you been banned bashing? Now that's whack

Not many. OK I give up. I don't understand your aggressiveness. Ironic that you're starting a fight while saying you don't like the fighting. Why didn't you simply send Brian a private message instead of throwing your elbows around and publicly pronouncing your displeasure?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not many. OK I give up. I don't understand your aggressiveness. Ironic that you're starting a fight while saying you don't like the fighting. Why didn't you simply send Brian a private message instead of throwing your elbows around and publicly pronouncing your displeasure?

And that's the problem.

You guys publically announce your displeasure and criticisms of both CTE and Stan in just about every thread about CTE, and thus derail the threads. Even though the rules state otherwise.

And you personally, are just saying the same points OVER AND OVER again. How many times are you going to bring up that video, yes I know the video you are referencing, who couldn't all the times you have brought it up? :rolleyes:

I'd quote some of Mike's comments about letting it go, but what's the point?

I have had to discuss CTE with people in private message because it's so out of control with the bashing. Rip Neil!!! And I hardly ever post in the aiming forums, I mostly post in NPR. Which is less bullshit than here!

I was subscribed to this thread, and it came up in my feed, unsubscribing now, adios

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
.........nevermind

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And that's the problem.

You guys publically announce your displeasure and criticisms of both CTE and Stan in just about every thread about CTE, and thus derail the threads. Even though the rules state otherwise.

And you personally, are just saying the same points OVER AND OVER again. How many times are you going to bring up that video, yes I know the video you are referencing, who couldn't all the times you have brought it up? :rolleyes:

I'd quote some of Mike's comments about letting it go, but what's the point?

I have had to discuss CTE with people in private message because it's so out of control with the bashing. Rip Neil!!! And I hardly ever post in the aiming forums, I mostly post in NPR. Which is less bullshit than here!

I was subscribed to this thread, and it came up in my feed, unsubscribing now, adios

Fake news. Nobody has been "bashing" anything for a good 6 months here.

Come back if you decide to grow up.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't know anything about chasing off pros. And I don't doubt that Brandon has more CTE knowledge now than he did then.

As far as pro endorsements....they really dont mean much. I mean, these guys were world beaters prior to CTE pro1. The type of endorsements that matter are ftom average players that have actually improved.

Let's be totally real.

Ever since this became a topic on AZB three things are SUPER CLEAR.

1. No pro who publicly says he uses CTE is ever considered credible.
2. No amatuer who says they improved because of using CTE is believed.
3. Any pro who says they don't use any aiming system is considered very credible. (bonus if the pro knocked aiming systems)