***Let's see your Jeff Olney cues***

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Show cues Please"

Hey guys - This is the Cue Gallery. Please use this thread to show your Jeff Olney cues.
This thread was already deleted once before because some members got into an argument, cussed and it got offensive. Please take your battle to the other thread in the Main Forum. Thanks

Last edited:

Luck1st

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys - This is the Cue Gallery. Please use this thread to show your Jeff Olney cues.
This thread was already deleted once before because some members got into an argument, cussed and it got offensive. Please take your battle to the other thread in the Main Forum. Thanks

I would have loved to show my cue off, butt............

I wish the old thread was still here. I loved it when Jeff made that guy the amboyna burl cue that was warped and his only response was "give it time and it might straighten out"....Not likely when the butt was warped. Looks like this has been building for a while with Jeff and his shady business practices.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys. I ask nicely to keep this thread positive and the next 2 posts are negative in spirit. Amazing.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish the old thread was still here. I loved it when Jeff made that guy the amboyna burl cue that was warped and his only response was "give it time and it might straighten out"....Not likely when the butt was warped. Looks like this has been building for a while with Jeff and his shady business practices.

A customer complained about a warped cue, Jeff doesn't repair the cue, and tells him to give it time it might straighten out??

That's priceless!!

True story here..
I helped a good friend order a new cue from Jeff (I'm sorry friend)..

My friend calls Jeff, and tells him the cues warped..
My friend tells me Jeff starts screaming at him on the phone.. My buddy tells me it was like Jeff was trying to bully, and intimidate him over the phone..

My friend is very easy going doesn't want to create any waves, and lets it go..
Now this is where it gets good..

My buddy talks to Jeff again a few years later about the cue, and offers to pay Jeff to have it repaired properly... Guess what happens?? Jeff turns him down (I won't tell you exactly why Jeff turned him down, but you would be shocked to know the reason)

Its a shame when a cue builder won't take care of a new cue with issues..
What's worse is when the same cue builder won't service his own product for the original customer, on the customers dime...

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
This is the "Cue Gallery" Dale.

Why is it a problem to discuss a cuemaker in the cue gallery where their work is shown Bob? Unless there is something to hide, it shouldn't matter. It is after all a review of their work, and in the gallery it is mostly positive. If there is some negative that shouldn't be included because it doesn't have pretty pictures??

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why is it a problem to discuss a cuemaker in the cue gallery where their work is shown Bob? Unless there is something to hide, it shouldn't matter. It is after all a review of their work, and in the gallery it is mostly positive. If there is some negative that shouldn't be included because it doesn't have pretty pictures??
Exactly, it shouldn't be a problem but it leads to bickering and sooner or later the language gets offensive to others and the whole thread gets deleted. Oh I get it maybe that's the desired outcome of the three or four people that keep stinking up this thread.

Last edited:

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member

3 posts total in a year and 2 are against Jeff. Hmm

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member

Bye bye again Idaho I mean Kyle :grin: :wave2:

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
What am I missing here?

What's up Jim?? this guy had been banned already under the name of IDAHO.
Tried to sell me the warped cue he's talking about and we got into a big argument (long story) in the original Olney thread.

Oddly enough he owns another Olney that used to be mine.

MediocrityNC

Ring game?
Silver Member
Here's a 10 point ebony cue I picked up from Omega a few months ago. Birdseye shafts, and I had Steve Lomax put a leather wrap on it at the Open(this is an older pic of it before the rewrap). Half inch ivory ferrules too. Monster playing cue!

Attachments

• attachmentAMMRIXQP.jpg
    attachmentAMMRIXQP.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,162

gmoney1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought an olney cue several months ago. Great hit and customer service. I have owned alot of cues and his are right up there

TheTablePro

Silver Member
Spoke with Jeff last night and his wait time is getting longer.....yikes! Looks like his cues are not lasting long when they go up for sale on AZ. Sad, but don't think he visits here anymore :(