List of Living 200+ Runners

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Hi Runout. I'd be shocked if Tony ever ran 200. Back when the book came out and he was really playing, his high run was something like 126. I haven't heard much of him in recent years so if he didn't break 200 back then, I don't know if he'd have much of an opportunity to now.

Actually, how about Billy Aguerro, from the San Francisco area? I played him about a week straight when I was in my early 20s and can't remember winning even a single game. I was visiting a friend out there, and since he had to work during the days, he'd drop me off at Chalkers (I think?) and pick me up when he was done.

I told Billy straight up that I was a decent player, but not great, and that I was looking to lose $20 games all week. He was really cool about it and even though the bet was probably lower than he would have liked, he obliged. I probably lost about $200 in total but had a great time and learned a lot.

- Steve

I use to play with Billy a lot at Chalkers from 00-03. He would see me playing good and then walk up and tell me to rack em!!! He rarely missed but my time spent with him was great. :thumbup:

Aslo i got to play amazing straight pool with Tobias Ragossing a lot. Apartently Earl was over in Europe and met Tobias and told him abotu pool here in the states and the rest is history.

One day we were playing a game to 150 and he was playing pretty well as was i. He ran 35 i ran 25 right back.. Bunch of great safes and i let him get open and he ran 60 to lead 95 to 25. I ran 46 to bring it up to 95-71. I thought i was toast but to my surprise he plain missed a hanger!!!! Just flat out missed it. New life for me and i had a smooth run of 44 to be up 115-95!! Well after i missed that tough cut in the side and that was that. He calmly ran 55 and out but ill tell you this.. Its one of the best (if not the best) and pleasurable straight pool games i have ever played. :wink:

Here's some facts on Tobias:

Tobias Ragossnig, Hawaiian Brian's House Professional will be on hand every Wednesday evening to help you with your game. Play a game of pool with him, get some free tips on improving your play, or learn a new trick shot. Come join the fun!

Some of Tobias' accolades include:

Seven time Vienna Champion, 1988-1996
Winner of the Austrian Grand Prix, 1995
Winner of the Austrian Cup, 1994
Winner of the International Woerthersee Trophy, 1993
Former Captain of the Austrian National Team
Former member of the European Team
Former head trainer for the National Austrian Junior Team
Former professional tour player

BTW Steve this is Jesse.. From Ithaca. You better be at the Empire State Championship this year so i can buy you a beer :wink:

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is George Rood still alive? He definitely has a high run of 200+

A few possibles: Joe Russo, Willie Munson and Ronnie Allen - I know Ronnie wasn't known for his 14.1 game but he was capable of playing it very well when the money was right, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ran 200 at some point.

Last edited:

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
mr lipsky you can cross tom vanover name off the list i spoke to him today his highest run was 146 t u

Thank you Richie... I need more people like you helping to confirm with the local players.

Will cross his name off later tonight when I get home.

gentleman789

Straight Pool Player
Silver Member
hey there...

I hope you dont mind if I add my own name to the list...I ran 200+ two times so far...and I am still alive...and I hope I'll stay alive for a long time :grin:

that was my first post...but it won't be the last one I'm sure :)

Tobias Hoiss from germany...

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
hey there...

I hope you dont mind if I add my own name to the list...I ran 200+ two times so far...and I am still alive...and I hope I'll stay alive for a long time :grin:

that was my first post...but it won't be the last one I'm sure :)

Tobias Hoiss from germany...

Tobias, I looked you up and see some of your stats online. Very impressive, especially since you're only 18. Keep 14.1 alive my friend. I am twice as old as you and they still kinda consider me young lol.

Anyway, great shooting and I'm adding you. In the meantime, can you help with some more European players? Please check both the main list in post #1 and the "possibles" list in post #2 of this thread, and if you can come up with any names I've not mentioned, that would be a great help.

Thanks!

- Steve

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Duplicate post from main forum thread

Steve,
I spoke with Mark Wilson and Jerry Briesath (together at a memorial tournament Jerry hosts in Wisconsin); and they will work on adding to your list.

Mark confirms his high run was 186...not on the list....yet...

Jerry's high run is 201...on the list by the skin of his teeth.

Sailor was a definite on the list, not yet sure of his exact high run, but definitely over 200.

Mark saw George Pawelski run in the mid 200's. Following that game he saw George run 2 tables of golf in one inning on a 5 x 10 snooker table. I don't play golf, but everyone was quite impressed by the feat.

Mark thought Dallas West had at least 3 runs over 400 on 9 footers; more impressive in many ways than a Mosconi run of 526 on a 4 x 8.

They'll think it over and I'll post the results in a week or so when I'm back from Maryland. See you there I hope.

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Steve,
I spoke with Mark Wilson and Jerry Briesath (together at a memorial tournament Jerry hosts in Wisconsin); and they will work on adding to your list.

Mark confirms his high run was 186...not on the list....yet...

Jerry's high run is 201...on the list by the skin of his teeth.

Sailor was a definite on the list, not yet sure of his exact high run, but definitely over 200.

Mark saw George Pawelski run in the mid 200's. Following that game he saw George run 2 tables of golf in one inning on a 5 x 10 snooker table. I don't play golf, but everyone was quite impressed by the feat.

Mark thought Dallas West had at least 3 runs over 400 on 9 footers; more impressive in many ways than a Mosconi run of 526 on a 4 x 8.

They'll think it over and I'll post the results in a week or so when I'm back from Maryland. See you there I hope.

Thanks Don! This is fantastic. Talk to you in Maryland...

- Steve

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Hi Steve

Since were talking about players from the Midwest area, lets not forget about Jeff Carter "The Monster from the Midwest" - I would bet any amount of $ that he has made the list.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Steve, I've just noticed you mention some Russian players in a list of propositions. I sadly inform you that none of them did run 200 and over. The record stands 196 by Stepanov. Evgeny Stalev has never excelled in 14.1, I suppose his elder brother Maxim was more into this game (and even won bronze medal of the European champs). Next to Konstantin is Roman Pruchai, young star residing in Vladivostok, his run is 180. Ruslan Chinakhov - 154, Sergey Nikitin most recent 156.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how about toby sweet also one of the best of all time wade crane. bob hunt up in new england bob is also the nicest straightest pool guy i ever met

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
howard vickery terry bell david howard there are so many possiabiltys we might never get the list 100 percent but i dont think mr lipsky will settle for anything less then a compleated list and i will help all i can richie adams

Idaho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stanley Robison in Caldwell Idaho. He's 93 and doesn't play anymore, but he is a legend in this area. Has a high run around 350. He ran 200 balls against Mosconi in exhibition in Boise years ago until Willie grabbed the mike and said "I am the one putting on the exhibition." Ron Yoast is another great one around here, but I believe his high run is 196. We play quite a bit, so I will check on that one. Great idea for the list.

gentleman789

Straight Pool Player
Silver Member
Tobias, I looked you up and see some of your stats online. Very impressive, especially since you're only 18. Keep 14.1 alive my friend. I am twice as old as you and they still kinda consider me young lol.

Anyway, great shooting and I'm adding you. In the meantime, can you help with some more European players? Please check both the main list in post #1 and the "possibles" list in post #2 of this thread, and if you can come up with any names I've not mentioned, that would be a great help.

Thanks!

- Steve

Hi Steve,

thanks for your kind words...I promise I will keep 14.1, the best game ever alive :thumbup:

I looked up the lists and I can add a few people...

There is a guy in my area called Jakob Schumacher which I know very well...he started playing again 2 years ago after he was completely off for about 15 years. He made a run of 316 in the early 90's.

Next one will be Martin Poguntke who unfortunately stopped playing some years ago...what a pity! He was probably one of the best straight pool players in Europe...his high run is 372....quite impressive!

Then there is a good friend of mine called Christian Weigoni....several times european youth champion...his high run is 218 I think...not sure about that one but I know it is 200+...

Last but not least there is a guy called Ingo Schweden which I dont know personally. He stopped playing many years ago but there are stories about him which I am sure they are true considering the people who told them...
His high run is anywhere in the 500's....they say 561...I really dont know that but I know that he made many runs 200+ so you can add him to the list :)

My own high run is 240 by the way which I made last summer preparing for the european championships...I was 17 when shooting it :)

Oh and I have to say that my good friend Dominic Jentsch who is on the list also never scored 200 or more...he had 2 or 3 unfinished runs of 150 and out but I dont know any 200+ runs of him...
But I would say if he wanted to go for it he could make it soon :)

If I will find more players I will post them here...

regards from germany...

Last edited:

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
teddy g has run 200..i went to hs with him we used to play pool in my basement on my dad minsotta fat 4x8,,lol

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Another one I'm not sure about is Mike Zuglan? I know he has lots of tourney runs over 100, he must have a 200+ run.

Great job.
Thanks.
Stan

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Missed that thanks. Well if he didn't, I think he was more than capable.

Thanks.
Stan

PD0274

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are two more germans claiming high runs of 200+

Naithani, Brian - High Run 201
Scholl, Florian - High Run 204

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
sfleinen;2456055 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************2456055******end_of_the_skype_highlighting said:
Steve:

-191? That is a h*ll of a lot of fouls!

:D

-Sean

Wow. Is that a world record if I run -527 ? :D