Long handled razor blade source

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I've seen some videos lately of guys using what looks like a 6" long piece of metal, sharpened to a razor blade edge on one end for about 2" only, leaving the remaining 4" to act as a handle. They were using them to hand trim after tip installs.

Any idea where they can be found ?

Thanks

Looks like this , I know it says Kamui but that was just the install video on their tips. I'm looking for this blade.

1677890234739.png

Last edited:

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one of those, it was on amazon. Really nice to use. There was many different sellers of similar ones. Don't remember the name of it, but it was some kind of a Japanize knife.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
You can buy it on amazon pretty cheaply. They sell them right or left handed. I've been using it for about 6 months, it cuts the tip very flush with the ferrule

I am assuming that we would use left handed, because we are cutting from left to right... am I thinking of that correctly?

chuckpilegis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think you can still get tinablade from Unique for 55 dollars, Wouldnt use it freehand,better with a rest in a toolpost on a lathe. Easy enough to
make

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a couple of Tina blades from Tiger and use my cheap Kiridashi blades to trim the ends of my stacked leather wraps.I like the way they work and their size better. I tried them for trimming tips but like my utility knife setup better.