Longgggg posts..................

Do you read or skip posts that are half a page long?

• Yes

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Gold Member
Yes, I read or yes, I skip. Guessing Yes, I read and I do.

Not a fan of the microwave mentality. If what you have rollin’ around yer’ noggin takes multiple paragraphs to communicate, so be it.

xX-Wizard-Xx

i skip them ... i also skip 15 page long meandering ..... once a question is answered for the OP ... thread should get locked

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't have as much of a problem with long posts, as I do with a poster posting the same thing over, and over, and over again thinking that if they post it enough times the person disagreeing with them will somehow mysteriously agree with them. Sometimes they actually post the same thing for years without realizing that after they have posted it once, that should be enough. People either agree or disagree with you and that's just the way it is.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't have as much of a problem with long posts, as I do with a poster posting the same thing over, and over, and over again thinking that if they post it enough times the person disagreeing with them will somehow mysteriously agree with them. Sometimes they actually post the same thing for years without realizing that after they have posted it once, that should be enough. People either agree or disagree with you and that's just the way it is.
I skipped your post halfway through.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
It all depends on what the poster is saying. One of the best posts was about the the 2 unknown monster players that were going to break out in a big tournament and take everyone down. There were many long posts in that thread, I read every word in all of them, if you skipped any because of the length you missed out on a lot of entertainment. Isn't that the reason we are all here, for entertainment??

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I never skip a long post right off the bat. If it’s a solid block of text I will skim and then re-read if it’s interesting.

Some of the seemingly older folks here will sometimes post a giant wall of text but inside is a classic story or some other interesting tidbit. Can’t help but struggle through those, and without complaint.

Then sometimes it’s just a wall of whining about something and a quick skim is all I need 😂

I know I occasionally get wordy, and it’s usually off topic and possibly inappropriate so I expect a skim and a head shake or even a facepalm.

mr5994

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skip them or read them? 'YES' you read it, 'NO' you don't. Should have worded it better. This edit should help.
Depends on the author......if it's Jay Helfert writing about the pool scene in southern CA in the 70's and 80's.....I'll clear my schedule and read for hours....hanging on every word. Same with pretty much anything from Dr Dave.

If it's one of the well known AZB trolls, I won't make it one sentence into a 3 sentence post.

dquarasr

Registered
I type pretty quickly on a computer keyboard (I HATE those confounded keyboards on my phone), so I can get quite a few words down in a very short period of time. When I was working, I'd write an email, then go back and edit it. I'd remove irrelevant statements, get rid of flowery, conversational language, and bare it down to its purest form. Usually, it would end up 1/2 to 1/3 shorter than as I originally typed it. Only then would I send it.

Case, in point, let me try it on the longish paragraph I wrote above. Here's my edited version:

I edit for brevity. :geek: