Looking for a case that can hold a 32" shaft.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Any case maker have a STANDARD CASE not special order that would hold a 32" shaft?

Can be a soft case or hard case in any configuration but would prefer a 2 x 4 if possible.

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I consider this a standard 2x2 hard case,
without the cue rest would easily handle 32",
many different species, some are notable.
have one that has that Harley black/amber-orange natural color, I think its a plain slice cut of black limba, could be some kind of wenge also.
if you want it with the cue rest no problem'o, 35" vs. 37".
wall brackets make it a nice cue crib display also... :cool:
case.d.jpg

case.b.jpg

case.jpg

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a standard JB Ultimate Rugged 2x4/3x5 from Seyberts (currently sold out), and it fits a 31" shaft with a 1 1/2" joint protector:

Same for the JB Ultimate Rugged 4x8 (also sold out):

JB advertises the maximum interior length as 32.5":

Last edited:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I ordered a standard JB Ultimate Rugged 2x4/3x5 from Seyberts (currently sold out), and it fits a 32" shaft with a join protector:

Same for the JB Ultimate Rugged 4x8 (also sold out):

Thank you for this reply I really appreciate it. I will be looking to pick up one of these cases.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for this reply I really appreciate it. I will be looking to pick up one of these cases.
Whoops, I made a mistake! My shaft is only 31"....but my shaft has a 1 1/2" joint protector on it, so a 32" shaft without a joint protector will fit.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Have you looked at simple shotgun cases? They come in a variety of sizes and hardness. Price are starting around $35.00
Soft, semi-soft and hard sides. Some are waterproof if it's needed.
The interiors are usually foam which can be redone to your needs.
I've got one that's 9" x 35" interior. Has extra barrels pouches in the top/lid which is where I put some sticks I have for sale.
Only issue I have is twice now riding my bike I get stopped by curious cops wondering what gun I have.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator Blak 4x8 holds my 30" Becue set all wearing Becue joint protectors that appear 2".

I used an Action soft 4x8 previously which worked.

mristea

Pool maniac
Silver Member
I have this JB Ultimate Rugged 4x8, but it doesn't fit my 32 inch cue butt (normal butt 29 inch + 3 inch extension). So I would not recommend it. I don't know why it is marketed as 32.5 inch interior length...I also wrote an email more than a week ago to JB asking for a custom case to fitt my 32 inch cue nutt, but no answer...he is too busy answering in the CTE forum...

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Will my buddy Dean is 6’4”, play with 62” Cue, he went custom route.

He shoes are 15, always a bummer to find shoes. Told him ask at shoe store for boxes, and start a fad wearing boxes.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
What are the dimensions of a Rugged Case?

-Case sizes for our Rugged cases are as follows:

4x8: Interior capacity: 31.5" | Body Length: 35.5" | Width (left to right:) 5.75" | Depth (front to back:) 3.5" | Weight: Roughly 7lbs.

3x6: Interior capacity: 31.5" | Body Length: 35.5" | Width (left to right:) 5.5" | Depth (front to back:) 3" | Weight: Roughly 6lbs.

2x5/3x4: Interior capacity: 31.5" | Body Length: 35.5" | Width (left to right:) 5.5" | Depth (front to back:) 2.5" | Weight: Roughly 5lbs.

2x3: Interior capacity: 31.5" | Body Length: 35.5" | Width (left to right:) 4.25" | Depth (front to back:) 2.25" | Weight: Roughly 4.5lbs.

1x2: Interior capacity: 31.5" | Body Length: 35.5" | Width (left to right:) 2.875" | Depth (front to back:) 1.75" | Weight: Roughly 3lbs.

**Weights can change based on materials and options chosen, please note.**

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have this JB Ultimate Rugged 4x8, but it doesn't fit my 32 inch cue butt (normal butt 29 inch + 3 inch extension). So I would not recommend it. I don't know why it is marketed as 32.5 inch interior length...I also wrote an email more than a week ago to JB asking for a custom case to fitt my 32 inch cue nutt, but no answer...he is too busy answering in the CTE forum...
I purchased two JB Ultimate Rugged cases from Seyberts during the last two years: a 2x4/3x5 model and a 4x8 model. Both of them fit a 31" shaft with a 1.5" joint protector, so 32.5" total length. The shaft length actually doesn't include the length of the tip, so I just measured the full length of the shaft with joint protector and tip, and it was 32 3/4". I also checked both cases again, and the shaft fits in both cases.

I also have a 31" butt, and from the end of the bumper to the end of the joint protector it measures 32 3/4", and I checked again and the butt fits in both cases.

-Case sizes for our Rugged cases are as follows:

4x8: Interior capacity: 31.5"

Maybe Seyberts orders their cases from JB Cases with a custom length. Seyberts advertises their cases like this:

JB Ultimate Rugged Features & Benefits​

• Maximum interior length cue capacity is 32.5in

I randomly checked some of the examples of the JB Ultimate Rugged cases on the JB Cases website, and they all state 32.5" interior length. Maybe older cases had a maximum interior length of 31 1/2" and his newer cases are 32 1/2".

Last edited: