looking for action in Denver or Steamboat Springs or where's the action?

w9ball

My Long Lost Love
Silver Member
I'm going to Steamboat springs Colorado for a month and i need a place to play pool. Im a serious player and like to gamble some and I'll probably drive to Denver from Steamboat Springs where I'll be staying to play on some off days if I have to. Does anyone know if there is a decent pool table or any players in Steamboat springs, if not, where would be the closest place I could travel from there to play on a decent table and or find some action? Ill be there for the month of March. Thanks for your help AZers! :thumbup:

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Action in Steamboat Springs???

I don't think they have a pool room in town, and they might not even have a bar with pool tables. My guess is the only pool in town is a few high roller fellas hanging out at someones home game room, betting it up big. Finding and getting in that game will be tough.

In Denver, I recommend Felt's. Problem there is finding a place to crash for the night. I couldn't find a major hotel chain in the whole area. Could be one out there but I might have missed it somehow.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I second that with Felt's. A couple of guys in there that like to play are Kiko and Jose. You can also try Mile High Billiards in Arvada. Just tell the owner Greg what kind of game you are looking for and he can usually find some kind of action and may give you some himself.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I second that with Felt's. A couple of guys in there that like to play are Kiko and Jose. You can also try Mile High Billiards in Arvada. Just tell the owner Greg what kind of game you are looking for and he can usually find some kind of action and may give you some himself.

I'd also recommend Felt Billiards.

I know Kiko will bet it up some, but will Jose? How about Haddad, Vidal, and ATM?

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There may be a few people you can "match up" w/at Match-Up's in Fort Collins, CO. 9' GCs, Valley BBs -people play 9-ball; 8-ball & 1 pocket.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure all of them will get in the grease a little if the game is right. There is usually a few people around there to make a game with.

I know Kiko will bet it up some, but will Jose? How about Haddad, Vidal, and ATM?

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
Felt has weekly tournaments Sunday afternoons and Tuesday nights. Most of the guys will be there.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Measureman will play anyone dead even for 1 bottle of "Hanks" water at "Hanks" pool room in Wheatridge Colorado
By appointment only
Must post

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

At Nick Varner's 1st annual last year at Felt's the Bar box side needed alot of TLC. The 9' Diamonds were ok. .... Funny story I offered Kiko 150$ for his Diamond crested TS... I was playing with a Budweiser Cue mind you... he looked at me and said 'Just so you know I've turned down 10K'. So paused I said, 'Maybe I could play you for it...?' lol Um no.

Randy

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At Nick Varner's 1st annual last year at Felt's the Bar box side needed alot of TLC. The 9' Diamonds were ok. .... Funny story I offered Kiko 150$ for his Diamond crested TS... I was playing with a Budweiser Cue mind you... he looked at me and said 'Just so you know I've turned down 10K'. So paused I said, 'Maybe I could play you for it...?' lol Um no.

Randy

The Diamonds and Gold Crowns were recovered a couple months ago.
I don't pay any attention to the bar boxes.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same here, if I was going to play on bar boxes I would avoid the valleys at Felt and go to MHB, Greenfields, or Rack Em.

The Diamonds and Gold Crowns were recovered a couple months ago.
I don't pay any attention to the bar boxes.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
yep...

There may be a few people you can "match up" w/at Match-Up's in Fort Collins, CO. 9' GCs, Valley BBs -people play 9-ball; 8-ball & 1 pocket.

Mike, Johnny one time and Chris will match up with you for sure...

Jaden

Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes AKA Slugo
Felt in Englewood,CO has action in all price ranges

At Felt there is lots of guys that will play 9-ball for $10 to $50 a game or sets for a hundred or two. One pocket there are lots of $20 to $100 a game players. Hope you find the game you are looking for. See ya at Felt in March! Dave Hughes

w9ball

My Long Lost Love
Silver Member
Thanks for the great info everybody, AZ is awesome! Soooooo, who's the best player? ;)

Last edited:

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
Thanks for the great info everybody, AZ is awesome! Soooooo, who's the best player? ;)

Sorry...you'll have to get in the box to find out :thumbup:

But I bet you'll be the best in Steamboat

Last edited: