Lost Meucci Cues Found on Ebay

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
The law will only go after crimes that the big wigs like... They will go after blacks doing drugs way before they go after someone stealing a pool cue. They will go after a guy speeding in his car way before they go afer some one entering the country illegally. They will go after a white police officer shooting a black guy way before they go after a black cop shooting a white guy. It is just the way it is. Nothing we can do about it.

Just so happens the crime of stealing your cue is not politically important, so the law does not care.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
If you have been ripped off by a seller/buyer here, it is considered Internet Fraud. Internet Fraud is handled by the FBI. If you call them, they are going to tell you exactly what I am....you have to fill out their Internet Fraud Complaint Form first. So, to save a little time, here's the link:

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

After you have done this, then you can contact your local FBI Field Office...the number often being in the phone book, or go to the FBI's Website:

http://www.fbi.gov/

I might also suggest contacting the one of the FBI Field Offices in the state that the seller/buyer lives in whom ripped you off. This way you are rattling multiple cages.

If you are residing overseas, you will need to contact one of the FBI Legal Attache' Offices, which are often housed within a US Embassy or Consulate. This info is also available at the FBI's website, but it can be tricky finding the correct office to contact, so if you need help with that, shoot me a PM, but I will need the country you reside in.

Now you are armed with some ammunition with which to fight back....do it!

Lisa

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
The law will only go after crimes that the big wigs like... They will go after blacks doing drugs way before they go after someone stealing a pool cue. They will go after a guy speeding in his car way before they go afer some one entering the country illegally. They will go after a white police officer shooting a black guy way before they go after a black cop shooting a white guy. It is just the way it is. Nothing we can do about it.

Just so happens the crime of stealing your cue is not politically important, so the law does not care.

Tell that to David Huff:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=766432&postcount=1

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
For the keyboard lawyers that rely on Wikipedia for information, here is the Missouri Statute concerning possession of stolen property:

570.080. 1. A person commits the crime of receiving stolen property if for the purpose of depriving the owner of a lawful interest therein, he or she receives, retains or disposes of property of another knowing that it has been stolen, or believing that it has been stolen.

2. Evidence of the following is admissible in any criminal prosecution pursuant to this section to prove the requisite knowledge or belief of the alleged receiver:

(1) That he or she was found in possession or control of other property stolen on separate occasions from two or more persons;

(2) That he or she received other stolen property in another transaction within the year preceding the transaction charged;

(3) That he or she acquired the stolen property for a consideration which he or she knew was far below its reasonable value;

(4) That he or she obtained control over stolen property knowing the property to have been stolen or under such circumstances as would reasonably induce a person to believe the property was stolen.

3. Receiving stolen property is a class A misdemeanor unless the property involved has a value of five hundred dollars or more, or the person receiving the property is a dealer in goods of the type in question, in which cases receiving stolen property is a class C felony.

(L. 1977 S.B. 60, A.L. 2002 H.B. 1888, A.L. 2005 H.B. 353)

Took me all of 5 minutes to look up.

Tell 'em! A little knowledge goes a long way

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
If you have been ripped off by a seller/buyer here, it is considered Internet Fraud. Internet Fraud is handled by the FBI. If you call them, they are going to tell you exactly what I am....you have to fill out their Internet Fraud Complaint Form first. So, to save a little time, here's the link:

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

After you have done this, then you can contact your local FBI Field Office...the number often being in the phone book, or go to the FBI's Website:

http://www.fbi.gov/

I might also suggest contacting the one of the FBI Field Offices in the state that the seller/buyer lives in whom ripped you off. This way you are rattling multiple cages.

If you are residing overseas, you will need to contact one of the FBI Legal Attache' Offices, which are often housed within a US Embassy or Consulate. This info is also available at the FBI's website, but it can be tricky finding the correct office to contact, so if you need help with that, shoot me a PM, but I will need the country you reside in.

Now you are armed with some ammunition with which to fight back....do it!

Lisa

Thanks Lisa, I've submitted the IC3 complaint online. I hope the FBI cares enough to put a stop to this.

JC

Coos Cues
Why does the law require us to prove a knowledge or reasonable belief of the property being stolen? There are many reasons someone may unwittingly have possession of stolen property. For example, a woman may receive stolen jewelry as a gift. A man could purchase stolen electronics at a pawn shop or second-hand store.That is why possessing stolen property in and of itself is not a crime
better check you laws

Just curious, where did you attend law school?

JC

Thomas McKane

Silver Member
The Ebay seller has come through and is working with me to return the cues. He is also out $ as he purchased them through Cargo Largo in KC. This may have a happy ending after all AZ, thanks for everyone's support.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Ebay seller has come through and is working with me to return the cues. He is also out $ as he purchased them through Cargo Largo in KC. This may have a happy ending after all AZ, thanks for everyone's support.
Good news :)
I hope you get your cues back, just the way they was when you sent them.

JC

Coos Cues

Then Cargo Largo are the bad guys and need to be prosecuted. Don't let it go just because you get your cues back. This shit needs to be stopped.

JC

Thomas McKane

Silver Member
Then Cargo Largo are the bad guys and need to be prosecuted. Don't let it go just because you get your cues back. This shit needs to be stopped.

JC

I intend to fully question UPS on this Cargo Largo thing. There are numerous mentions if you google them about stolen goods going through them all over the country. At this point UPS is the one who has lots of questions to answer...and I'll update here for sure.

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I intend to fully question UPS on this Cargo Largo thing. There are numerous mentions if you google them about stolen goods going through them all over the country. At this point UPS is the one who has lots of questions to answer...and I'll update here for sure.

cargo Largo is not the ones who removed this item and obviously tons more from the shipper....there has to be a connection. Its like blaming all the pawn shops in America for all the stuff people bring to them. Good Luck

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cargo Largo is not the ones who removed this item and obviously tons more from the shipper....there has to be a connection. Its like blaming all the pawn shops in America for all the stuff people bring to them. Good Luck

huh?.............

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member

The reason David Huff ended up in jail was for international mail fraud. That's what drew the attention of the feds. I was one of the guys he stiffed. The FBI had absolutely no interest in the case until David stiffed an RCMP officer in Canada. He was the one that got the ball rolling with regards to Dave. Otherwise, he'd probably still be free.

What got David into trouble was providing false information on shipments from the US to Canada. If he had kept the amount under $500, he'd have been fine. But the fact that it was over $500, crossed borders, and he knowingly provided false/fraudulent USPS tracking numbers was his big no-no.

The feds won't get involved in this one.

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's great that the cues may be returned but only because the seller hopes that it ends there and nobody go any further and find out how a ups package got on ebay in a week....he's got to have connections with ups either a friend or relative.....its impossible not to be stolen..ups doesn't sell to company's after a few days finding a item that has separated from its packaging. It goes to a claims area and is held 30 days to see if any inquires are made on missing items.......

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also hope that this situation ends up well. It's good Thomas and the person who has the cues are communicating. Good Start to make everyone whole. I am sure UPS will move forward with the auction place in KC. Count on that.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based upon what you've posted, it sounds like ups is somehow linked to these stolen items. It also sounds like items had to have been removed at one of their distribution hubs. You would think they would want to get to the bottom of this, however, if they identify internal thieves to the public, it opens them up to substantial liability as well as incredible negative PR. I wouldn't expect any cooperation from ups unless the court or FBI compels them to.

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can cargo largo provide you with a name??? Someone sold the cues to them, right?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unwitting or not...the law is the law...at least in PA. I don't have to check the law because I already gave you an example of where it was applied. When the person who had the cue tried to use the "no knowledge of it being stolen" excuse, here's what the police had to say to him. "Imagine that I have a car. It gets stolen. You buy the car from someone, and put a new engine in it. I later see the car and contact the police. You have to return the car and get no compensation for the engine you put in it." That's verbatim from the police. I was standing right there when he told him that. BTW I got the cue back.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Why does the law require us to prove a knowledge or reasonable belief of the property being stolen? There are many reasons someone may unwittingly have possession of stolen property. For example, a woman may receive stolen jewelry as a gift. A man could purchase stolen electronics at a pawn shop or second-hand store.That is why possessing stolen property in and of itself is not a crime
better check you laws